• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any samster make spectacles online before?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Linpeh specs kenna stolen when taking a piss at NTUC toilet. Now lan lan must make new one but don't want to spend more than $100. What's the process doing it online?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Online order frame + lens type but still need go shop lah else how to take measurement etc even the shop already have your record, they will still need to take the focal point measurements. Every frame has different focal point.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a friend who married an ATB from Shanghai, usually she would take spectacle orders from here, balik kampung, make those spectacles there and come back. Much cheaper.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alternatively, consider supporting the vintage optical shops in the heartlands.

There is also one on the top floor of Orchard Towers.

ST_20190714_CYORCHARD_R1_4975760.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linpeh specs kenna stolen when taking a piss at NTUC toilet. Now lan lan must make new one but don't want to spend more than $100. What's the process doing it online?

Don't stinge on specs. A pair that costs $250-$350 is very reasonable. I'm wearing a Rayban frame plus transition lens. Only $320.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think there are some heartland optical shops that accept CDC vouchers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fun of going to the optical shop is that when you eyes get tested by the female optometrist, you can see a bit of her cleavage and smell her perfume. :biggrin:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird people then steal spectacle.
The degree won't match and even bring the frame to remake also may not suit their face.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't stinge on specs. A pair that costs $250-$350 is very reasonable. I'm wearing a Rayban frame plus transition lens. Only $320.
I have ready spent tons of money on specs in the past. The lesson I learnt is high price does not equate to quality. My expensive Oakley frame became sticky and Nike and Addidas frames both pichia. They cost roughly $600 each.

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have ready spent tons of money on specs in the past. The lesson I learnt is high price does not equate to quality. My expensive Oakley frame became sticky and Nike and Addida frames both pichia.

I have been wearing my pair of Rayban for 3 years already. No issue at all.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time pee and poo at the Fullerton Hotel toilet. That is the gold standard by which all other toilets are compared.

Go down its stairs and paradise awaits at its basement.

the-fullerton-hotel-singapore.jpg