• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh Terrorists threatened Atttacks & Poison Chinese food & Restaurants Toronto

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinatown Toronto is facing terrorists threat and hate crimes by Ang Moh who wish to poison the Chinese food.

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=...-group-threatens-to-poison-food-in-chinatown/

Hate crimes unit called in after purported animal-rights group threatens to poison food in Chinatown

Megan O'Toole Dec 2, 2011 – 8:55 PM ET
Brett Gundlock/National Post
20110606bg_fin03.jpg

Brett Gundlock/National Post

Shark fin sold at a Chinese supermarket in Chinatown, Monday June 06, 2011 in Toronto. Toronto city council recently voted to ban shark fin sales.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney plans to dine at the Forestview restaurant on Dundas Street Sunday after a purported animal-rights group threatened to poison food in Chinatown establishments.

The Toronto police hate crimes unit has reportedly launched an investigation after the city’s Chinese Business Association received a threatening letter from the group, rife with unsubstantiated claims and racist slurs.

“We are a radical group of ‘concerned’ who protect all wildlife. Warning to y’all. We now have folks in your chinatowns spreading rat poison on meat, fish, fruit and vegetables,” states the letter, a copy of which has been posted to the internet. “Hopefully some of you will be sick as a dog.”
Related

City Council votes 38 to 4 to ban shark fin sales

Mississauga bans shark fin soup

The letter is attributed to a group calling itself the “Animal Liberation of USA/Canada,” but beyond recent media reports, there appears to be no online record of such an organization.

The letter appears to have been sent in response to the City of Toronto’s recent decision to ban shark-fin soup, a Chinese delicacy that is controversial because of the widely reviled practice of “shark-finning,” a process that involves hacking off the animal’s fin and discarding the remainder.

“I’m sure you… will try to serve shark fin illegally,” the letter notes, warning that an unspecified U.S.-based “head office” would supply the group with E. coli bacteria to taint Chinese food.

In a news release, Mr. Kenney’s office said the minister would be on hand at Forestview around lunchtime Sunday “to show support for Toronto’s Chinese restaurants and to stand up against eco-terrorism.”

In Question Period Friday, Vancouver South MP Wai Young blasted the letter as the work of “extremists and eco-terrorists,” denouncing its racist overtones.

“Canadians of Chinese origin contribute a great deal to our country and to our economy,” she said. “Our government condemns these letters and threats.”

National Post
• Email: [email protected] | Twitter: megan_otoole

Posted in: Posted Toronto Tags: Animal Rights, Canada, Chinatown, Chinese Business Association, Jason Kenney, Racial Issues, Racism and Bigotry, social issues, Toronto, Wai Young

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Moh Terrorists threatened Atttacks & Poison Chinese food & Restaurants Toront

e3e06c034c9faaaa202f6793e8fb.jpeg

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1096426

Shark fin ban sparks threatening ‘hate crime’ letter, say residents

2011/12/02 17:00:00

Email
Print
(42)
Rss

Article
Comments (42)

Toronto police are treating a letter threatening to poison food in Chinatown’s stores and restaurants as a hate crime. The Chinese community blames the threat on fallout from the recent shark fin ban.

Toronto police are treating a letter threatening to poison food in Chinatown’s stores and restaurants as a hate crime. The Chinese community blames the threat on fallout from the recent shark fin ban.
LiPo Ching/MCT
Jessica Vitullo Staff Reporter

The threatening letter — sent to the Toronto Chinese Business Association (TCBA) — is just one of a string of similar threats in the past few months, according to community leader Kai Tao.

He said the TCBA executive director Barbara Chiu has received most of these threats as emails and letters.

The Toronto Police Hate Crime Unit stepped in to investigate the letter because of its threatening content, said Const. Tony Vella.

“The content of the letter is quite concerning,” he said. “We’re classifying it as a hate crime.”

According to Tao, the letter has had a significant impact on the community.

“I don’t want to see this happen in Toronto,” he said. “We are law-abiding citizens and this is an emotionally-charged discussion.”

Tao argues the shark fin ban is ridiculous and, as a result, the threatening letters are making it worse for the community.

“I think city councillors should think of the consequences of their behaviour,” he said.

In the meantime, an investigation is ongoing and the person who wrote the letter has yet to be identified.

“We are still trying to find out what the motivation is by sending this letter,” said Vella.

“Fingerprint analysis, handwriting analysis would be done. We are trying to trace where the letter originated from.”

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ang Moh Terrorists threatened Atttacks & Poison Chinese food & Restaurants Toront

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/l...ceives-threatening-letter-about-shark-fin-ban

Chinese business group receives threatening letter about shark fin ban
Scarborough organization feels threat prompted by city's recent ban

f2a9ed574f3b9d994b1026418837.jpg

Chinese business group receives threatening letter about shark fin ban. Kai Tao, left, Benny Cheung, president of the Toronto Chinese Business Association, and Benedict Leung speak at a press conference Thursday, Dec. 1, afternoon in Scarborough about a threatening letter received by the TCBA. Staff photo/DANIELLE MILLEY
Related Stories

Author looks at history of Chinese-Canadians Author looks at history of Chinese-Canadians

CITY CENTRE - Having grown up in Chinatown, the daughter of two very community-minded parents, North Toronto...

A hateful letter received Tuesday, Nov. 29, by the Toronto Chinese Business Association is evidence the city's recent shark fin ban is inciting hate against the Chinese community, says a new alliance of Chinese community members.

Members of the Toronto Chinese Business Association (TCBA) and the newly formed Fair and Responsible Governance Alliance held a press conference at the Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto in Scarborough Thursday, Dec. 1, to notify the public about the letter.

"We need to tell the community there is a threat being made. I hope it is a hoax...We don't want to raise a major alarm, but people need to be made aware," said Kai Tao.

The letter was sent from within Canada to the association's Scarborough office and included no return address. TCBA executive director Barbara Chiu was the one who opened it and she brought it to Toronto police's 41 Division in Scarborough where it was forwarded to the hate crime unit.

The typed letter from "Animal Liberation of USA/Canada" - a group that does not appear to exist - references the recent shark fin ban passed by Toronto City Council and goes on to spew hate and use derogatory language to refer to people in the Chinese community.

"The letter uses slanderous language to defame the Chinese population in Canada," said Benny Cheung, president of the TCBA.

It includes a threat to send E Coli to a well known Chinese restaurant chain.

"The letter is one example of how local decisions that are not well thought out can have a negative affect on a community...In this case to promote hatred," said Justin Poy, a member of the alliance.

The co-chairperson of the alliance, Benedict Leung, agreed.

"Because of the shark fin ban it has created this kind of attitude toward the community," he said.

Chiu said the TCBA had previously received hundreds of hateful emails since June, but none of them included a threat.

The alliance and TCBA feel the shark fin ban is an area of federal jurisdiction and city's shouldn't be passing bylaws about an area out of their purview.

"We think the municipal government was under undue lobbying pressure and provided misinformation," Tao said.

Toronto is one of six municipalities that have passed bylaws making the selling and possession of shark fins illegal - shark fin soup is a dish often served at formal celebrations within the Chinese community. The members pointed out they are good and law abiding citizens and many took offense to not only the letter, but the way the shark fin ban debate has been framed in the GTA.

The alliance is going to focus on "promoting a fair environment" Leung said.

"What we are here to do is express our concern about bylaws that have been passed in Toronto and surrounding municipalities," Poy said. "(We hope) the city, and whoever passed the bylaws, will revisit the issue and really look into what's the consequences."

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/落毒唐人街-鼠藥撒食...F0A.Wci.mamwRwdANzZWN0aW9ucwR0ZXN0Aw--;_ylv=3

「落毒唐人街 鼠藥撒食肆」 禁魚翅爭議 多倫多華商遭恐嚇
明報 – 16小時前
相關內容

文章: 「禁令前食多些」 魚翅銷量反增倍

明報 - 21小時前

【明報專訊】北美一個激進保護動物組織,近日向極力反對禁售魚翅的多倫多華商會,發出充滿憎恨和侮辱言辭的恐嚇信,聲言在唐人街食肆、商舖販售的蔬果肉食落老鼠藥,稍後更會施以大腸桿菌。組織還點名提到當地馳名的唐餐館「文華餐廳」,叫人切勿光顧。加拿大警方將事件列為「仇恨罪案」,展開刑事調查。

設於士嘉堡的多倫多華商會上周二收到恐嚇信,發信的是一個自稱「美加動物解放」(Animal Liberation of USA/Canada)的組織。恐嚇信揚言他們的成員正在多倫多「你們唐人街的肉類、海產、生果、蔬菜撒老鼠藥」,又聲稱將獲美國的「總部」提供大腸桿菌病毒。

用語侮華警列仇恨罪案

信件揚言中國人為「野蠻人」、「動物殺手」,寫着﹕「我們見到你們在多倫多重要的魚翅禁令中輸了。感謝神,少些鯊魚會在你們這些野蠻人手裏痛苦至死……但願你們一些人病到五顏六色,就像你們這些動物殺手為了裹腹所用的手段。」它還點名警告公眾不要光顧文華(Mandarin)餐廳。

該信沒有回郵地址,但顯然是在加拿大國內郵遞。華商會收到恐嚇信後,已立刻通知華商和文華餐廳防範。由香港和台灣移民合辦的文華餐廳表示,沒有收過恐嚇。集團表明「從不售賣魚翅」,不明白何以被針對。

被點名餐廳:從不賣魚翅

多倫多警方仇恨罪案小組指出,該信充斥仇視和侮辱華人的語言,已視之為「仇恨罪案」展開調查﹕「我們仍在查找發信動機。稍後將會完成指紋分析、筆迹分析。我們還在追蹤該信自哪兒寄出。」

多倫多市議會於10月25日以38票對4票的大比數,通過從明年9月1日起全市禁止藏有、售賣和食用魚翅製品,成為第6個立法禁魚翅的安大略省城市。華商會一直反對立法,既發動示威和請願,又向社會大眾宣傳華人的魚翅文化等。

華商憂SARS式恐慌

華商會表示,6月起已收過來自各界幾百封含仇恨信息的偏激電郵,包括「如果你的耳朵被人割去,你會怎麼樣?」。會長張小惠坦言「擔心,都有少少驚」,唯恐鬧出人命事故。

加拿大媒體估計,名不經傳的「美加動物解放」,跟組織鬆散但以暴戾犯罪行為知名的「動物解放陣線」(ALF)可能有聯繫。另一保育組織「北美動物解放」則稱,並不認識「美加動物解放」。安省華商餐館會會長陳勇儀擔心,今次事件比通過禁魚翅法例對華商造成更大打擊,因為恐嚇信會像當年SARS一樣引起市民恐慌,不敢光顧華人食肆。他還斥禁魚翅法例製造仇恨,令本地多元文化破產,推動通過此法例的市議員要為此負責。提出禁魚翅動議的議員迪貝雷梅(Glenn De Baeremaeker),則反對將拯救鯊魚的行為,與一些「種族歧視瘋子」混為一談。他強調,華裔市議員黃慧文等很多本地華人,皆支持禁魚翅。

明報加東版/星報/赫芬頓郵報

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The way the Chinese treat other species is absolutely disgusting.

However, if you look at the way they treat each other, one can well understand why those lower in the food chain don't stand a chance.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

The way the Chinese treat other species is absolutely disgusting.

However, if you look at the way they treat each other, one can well understand why those lower in the food chain don't stand a chance.

Ah Sam....

Sharks are on the very TOP of the food chain in the seas hor and their menu includes men also hor.

:p

One day we may feed PAppy Dogs to sharks too, who knows! But mean while we eat shark fins. If the sharks are in shortage we have to farm them like the other sea food. :p

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing fancy abt the shark fin soup! Kudos to the Eco warriors, to the Green enviroment and Peace on Earth!

green piss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing fancy abt the shark fin soup! Kudos to the Eco warriors, to the Green enviroment and Peace on Earth!

Green is good but Peace is PISS. World isn't green enough due mostly to the lack of war resulting in over population and the planet's destruction due to over population.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Tung Luk shark fin got poisoned you might be the suspect.:eek:

I support the delicious soup mostly to piss off the Ang Mohs who are trying to tell us what not to eat. They should stop eating beef IF they want the planet green and less heated up.:wink:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Tung Luk shark fin got poisoned you might be the suspect.:eek:

I support the delicious soup mostly to piss off the Ang Mohs who are trying to tell us what not to eat. They should stop eating beef IF they want the planet green and less heated up.:wink:
Oh uncle, I dun hve the time to do what those Eco warriors do! That's a guitarfish aka shovelnose Ray...it's related to the shark and I don't do commercial fishing! U luv shark fin soup? Good for u then...not me!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh uncle, I dun hve the time to do what those Eco warriors do! That's a guitarfish aka shovelnose Ray...it's related to the shark and I don't do commercial fishing! U luv shark fin soup? Good for u then...not me!

I am not a big fan for that, but I enjoy to piss off the Ang Moh this way :biggrin::biggrin:

Men really destroyed planet earth beyond any hope. Recycle and all that are far too little and late. It was already late before we were born and we did not even know. There is no way to undo.:(:*:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

Earth suffers because of most humans have been irresponsible, greedy or apathetic.

I am not a big fan for that, but I enjoy to piss off the Ang Moh this way :biggrin::biggrin:

Men really destroyed planet earth beyond any hope. Recycle and all that are far too little and late. It was already late before we were born and we did not even know. There is no way to undo.:(:*:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mother Earth/Gaia is alrdy too sick now...u can see from the bad atmospheric and climatic changes like greenhouse effect, the El Nino and Nina! Alas...doom is the word!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually i am one of those that does not believe in greenhouse warming theory. Reason...it does not make any senses.

1st - i believe the temp of earth has more direct relationship with sun activity. and its activity on the surface is increasing and that relates to the increase in temp on earth

2nd - temperature on earth during the middle age is very much higher than what it is currently. we can tell by looking at the size of the reptile then. the percentage of CO2 is very much lower then

there are many youtube clips on this where many scientists from leading university does not agree with the current greenhouse theory, and the data presented really shows serious flaws in it. but accepting it is a flaw will cause many to lose their jobs....now its more of a political reason that the current theory still holds. but that of course is just my views.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's ok lah racism to chinese is ok after all they tolerate it very well. In fact if it was racism directed at chinese ppl they won't get offended you need someone non chinese to get offended on their behalf. Chinese ppl only get offended if it's racism at some other race especially if the offender is chinese.

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal

"all bee good" to the stubborn chinese, I side Ang Mo in this case, bec Chinese are eating sharkfins stubbornly

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With the increasingly affluence of the Chinese people, more animals are at extinction risks for exotic medicine food, and the Chinese are known to ignore the conservation laws.

Whoever comes out with the idea of eating just fins and discarding the rest of the animal, should be chopped in both arms.

Who to blame?

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well any chinese wedding dinner right here serves shark's fin soup and that's actually one of the top 3 dishes that's to be expected so sinkies are also guilty of this.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One day we may feed PAppy Dogs to sharks too, who knows! But mean while we eat shark fins. If the sharks are in shortage we have to farm them like the other sea food. :p

Uncle, good luck to you if yoy can farm sharks. It will take 20 years or more for them to grow to a sufficient size for the table. Even worse, they give birth to one or two pups every year or so.