• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Analysis and critique of Pinky's statements to Parliament

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Analysis and Critique of LHL Ministerial Statement, July 3rd

Their allegations are entirely baseless. But they have already damaged Singapore’s reputation. Unrebutted, they can affect Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government. I therefore have no choice but to address them promptly and publicly. I also have to do so in Parliament. Under the Constitution, the Prime Minister is the person who commands the confidence of the majority of the Members of Parliament. As the PM, I have a duty to explain myself to MPs, and to rebut in Parliament the allegations against me and my Government.

The sneaky bastard Gay Loong is trying here to say that an attack on him is an attack on the govt. Contrary to what he says, I think all Singaporeans still have confidence in their govt. That is not the issue. The issue whether they have confidence in him to lead them, and he does not address that here. But the siblings have been very careful to direct their attacks on him and Ho Ching, and in the Ministers that have been arrowed to defend him. They have not attacked the govt in any shape or form. Its convenient for Gay Loong to say that people are losing their confidence in the govt because of these allegations, and this is completely untrue. Nice try. In addition, he has not addressed them promptly at all, waiting until this July 3rd session in Parliament. In addition, no where does it say he has to rebut his siblings in PArliament. He could have simply send an email out to all the MPs to rebut their statements, or even given an interview to any media or press group. I have to say that rebutting his siblings over what is basically a private family matter in a public govt forum like the Parliament by itself is already an abuse of power. LWL and LHY have done a very effective job of rebutting Whore Jinx and Gay Loong without the benefit of a Parliamentary session, and in this day of social media, for such a tech savvy PeeM to say that it has to be addressed in Parliament is nothing short of bullshit.

I know many Singaporeans are upset by this issue. They are tired of the subject, and wish it would end. I too am upset that things have reached this state.

On the contrary, judging by traffic to this forum and elsewhere, I would say singaporeans are not tired of the subject and are following every FB post with gusto. Many singaporeans do not want it to end, myself included. It seems the longer it drags out, the more damaging information is released by the siblings and the more rope is given to Gay Loong to hang himself.

When I saw this letter the next morning, that means 21 July 2011, I immediately invited him to make his case in person to Cabinet. I thought that with his force of personality and conviction, meeting the Ministers would give him the best chance to convince Cabinet, as he had done so many times before. My father agreed to come. He met Cabinet that very afternoon. But the Ministers were unanimous in expressing their opposition to knocking the house down. I was the only one who did not express a view, because I was both the son and the PM and therefore, conflicted.

So, basically, this asshole Loong, even after being told multiple times by his father that he wants the house torn down after his death, still forced his father to go in front of the cabinet to "convince Cabinet" that the house should be torn down? What fucking wayang is this? Cabinet is 100% controlled by Gay Loong himself. At anytime, if he chooses to, he can tell them that the house will be torn down and Cabinet would be tripping over themselves to say what a good idea it is. Why does Cabinet need to be convinced by a retired Old Fart? Cabinet simply has to be ordered by Gay Loong to announce that the house will be torn down according to Old fart's wishes. It was after this meeting that Old Fart returned to Oxley and that is where Wei Ling saw him quite distraught. gay Loong is such a hypocrite here.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Analysis and Critique of LHL Ministerial Statement, July 3rd

He humiliated LKY in front of Cabinet. LKY probably attended with the expectation that it would be discussion and that they would abide by his dying wish. He never expected that these people which he had raised up would turn against him. Even worse was his son. He probably expected his son to take his side and help him. Instead LHL sat quietly and said nothing.

When I saw this letter the next morning, that means 21 July 2011, I immediately invited him to make his case in person to Cabinet. I thought that with his force of personality and conviction, meeting the Ministers would give him the best chance to convince Cabinet, as he had done so many times before. My father agreed to come. He met Cabinet that very afternoon. But the Ministers were unanimous in expressing their opposition to knocking the house down. I was the only one who did not express a view, because I was both the son and the PM and therefore, conflicted.

So, basically, this asshole Loong, even after being told multiple times by his father that he wants the house torn down after his death, still forced his father to go in front of the cabinet to "convince Cabinet" that the house should be torn down? What fucking wayang is this? Cabinet is 100% controlled by Gay Loong himself. At anytime, if he chooses to, he can tell them that the house will be torn down and Cabinet would be tripping over themselves to say what a good idea it is. Why does Cabinet need to be convinced by a retired Old Fart? Cabinet simply has to be ordered by Gay Loong to announce that the house will be torn down according to Old fart's wishes. It was after this meeting that Old Fart returned to Oxley and that is where Wei Ling saw him quite distraught. gay Loong is such a hypocrite here.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is quite revealing - the son puts his father in front of the cabinet the very next day. Also suggest that he gets opinions from others and to listen to sycophant editors of our captive media. The irony is old man created the very landscape over which he has lost his hold.

The word "recuse" seems to mean other things to the PAP.

Clearly he was badgering the father and Ho Ching is front and centre from the email released by LWL. Children taking advantage of the parents in their old age is rather common but this guy has taken it to a whole new level. If he can sell his father, would you trust him with a country.

He humiliated LKY in front of Cabinet. LKY probably attended with the expectation that it would be discussion and that they would abide by his dying wish. He never expected that these people which he had raised up would turn against him. Even worse was his son. He probably expected his son to take his side and help him. Instead LHL sat quietly and said nothing.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

In one of his emails, old lee writes:

"But Loong as PM has indicated…."

I thought that was an interesting choice of words….it seems old lee was having to distinguish when he was speaking to his eldest son and when he was dealing with the PM.

Interesting.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal

An average father would feel very hurt when his own son defy his last wish. More so if that son gets other people to outnumber him to defy his dying wish. Given that LKY is no ordinary father and a very proud and able man, the word distraught cannot adequately described his feelings then, especially when this same group were with him all those years. Et tu brute! I can now understand why ling can use the word dishonorable son and why yang has to leave the country. Lky must be quite unhappy in his last days.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

When a man died he leave behind his name.

A man walk with his integrity his children are blessed adter him.

A bully will never leave his good name behind.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This is exactly what Wei Ling has said, she mentioned the Father came back from the cabinet meeting distraught.The son made his 87 year old father go to a cabinet meeting to face a browbeating and pressurizing from the cabinet. Only an asshole does that to his father. He is too much of a coward to face his father by himself and tell him he does not want the house demolish and that he will not demolish it. even Whore Jinx had to accompany him to see Old fart when they initially raised the possibility of preservation.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

An average father would feel very hurt when his own son defy his last wish. More so if that son gets other people to outnumber him to defy his dying wish. Given that LKY is no ordinary father and a very proud and able man, the word distraught cannot adequately described his feelings then, especially when this same group were with him all those years. Et tu brute! I can now understand why ling can use the word dishonorable son and why yang has to leave the country. Lky must be quite unhappy in his last days.

Don't forget too, there are other more overt occasions that showed LHL abused and showed disrespect for his father. I still remember the last NDP that LKY attended. He was in the hot sun during the NDP, had to sit in the stands for donkey hours, and in fact, there is a video showing him collapsing and then being helped by his SOs. what kind of son make his Octogenarian father attend this fucking kind of self masturbation ceremony in the hot sun at his age? Not to mention that LKY had a do not resuscitate order and yet LHL kept him alive in a coma for a couple more weeks and milked it for all he could before he died. He should have just let the father die as per his wishes and not prolong it. LKY had already said he did not what that after having seen what happened to Gecko.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't forget too, there are other more overt occasions that showed LHL abused and showed disrespect for his father. I still remember the last NDP that LKY attended. He was in the hot sun during the NDP, had to sit in the stands for donkey hours, and in fact, there is a video showing him collapsing and then being helped by his SOs. what kind of son make his Octogenarian father attend this fucking kind of self masturbation ceremony in the hot sun at his age? Not to mention that LKY had a do not resuscitate order and yet LHL kept him alive in a coma for a couple more weeks and milked it for all he could before he died. He should have just let the father die as per his wishes and not prolong it. LKY had already said he did not what that after having seen what happened to Gecko.

Why didn't the good son embalm the father and lay him @ mausoleum just like Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

However, after “Hard Truths” was published, there was a strong public pushback. Many Singaporeans did not agree with Mr Lee. They wanted the house to be preserved. This was after all the house of Singapore’s founding Prime Minister, where important political decisions were made that shaped the future of Singapore. We are a young nation, and what the house represents is of particular significance to our history and nationhood. So in March 2011, my father asked some newspaper editors for their views. All the editors replied that they would like it to be kept, given its historical importance and heritage value.
Mohd Guntor Sadali, then editor of Berita Harian, wrote to my father:
“I was personally shocked and sad, when I first read about you saying that you wanted the house demolished after you are gone.

“the historical value of the house is priceless…if we demolish it, our next generations will regret it. We should avoid making this mistake.”

Mr Lim Jim Koon, then editor of Lianhe Zaobao, suggested that the house be conserved and turned into a museum, like the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall. These were not the answers my father hoped to get.

I find this passage so hard to accept on so many levels. Since when has LKY even in a senile old age state, asked for the opinions of the local press? He does not respect them, he knows they are there to serve the PAP and himself. Asking the local press for their opinion is like asking your servant whether you look handsome today? The old LKY tells the press what to ask and gives the press his opinions not the other way around. LKY does not even value the opinions of the citizens, why would he value the opinions of news editors whose sole job requirement is the ability to porlumpar. Since when did LKY "hoped" to find the answers from the editors? he had never done it in his entire life and to do it now makes no sense. LKY created the subservient press and now he turns to the subservient press for their opinions on such an important personal matter? I think not.

It looks to me like this was yet another piece in the co-ordinated plans by LHL to sway his father's wish to demolish the house. He probably ask the editors to tell his father not to demolish the house. And when that did not work, he followed up with the cabinet meeting a few months later. In this passage, LHL is quoting directly from all these editors, which is comical because in all likelihood, he was the one to tell them what to say and write to his father. It was just another aspect of his systematic plan to pressure the Old man to change his mind, that is my 2 cents.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Why didn't the good son embalm the father and lay him @ mausoleum just like Ho Chi Minh in Hanoi ?

I am sure he wanted to do that, but the old man's will was clear in that he wanted to be cremated.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whole lot of bullshit lah,they are trying to push the blame to us.since when did public opinion matter,and when did singaporeans ever had a say in how this country is run?we are nothing but rats in a hamster wheel.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

At one point, my brother suggested that my father gift the property to Singapore, subject to the condition that the house be demolished and a small public park be built in its place. I said that I thought this was worth considering, but I offered another option: to demolish the house and redevelop the site as my father wanted, but then to sell off the property and donate the proceeds to charity.

I asked my father between the two which he preferred, and he replied the latter. In other words, demolish the house, redevelop and sell off, and donate the proceeds to charity. He even had some ideas which charities he wanted. He was a practical-minded man.

This passage is so completely false to me. and makes no sense at all. A developer buying any property does not want the seller to develop it for them. That is why when developers buy land from URA its, cleared land. The developer is the one that puts in the roads, sewer connections, etc. On smaller lots like this, developers simply buy the property and tear it down themselves before getting zoning for condos or whatever they want to build.There is no need for Gay Loong to kaykiang and talk about developing it first. Unless he knows what he is doing, it will take years. Even for a professional developer, it will already take years, and that does not include any lawsuits from the neighbours. the simplest cause of action is to tear down themselves and then give the vacant land to charity. Of give the the property to charity with the proviso that they tear the house down. This talk of redevelopment is very suspicious to me. It looks to me like Gay Loong wants to get Old fart to agree to this, hoping that by the time the house is redeveloped, Old man would have passed away, and he could get a lot of money personally for it by selling it to a construction company instead of giving it to a charity.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My father accepted this proposal. In December 2011, he told the family that it was “best to redevelop 38 Oxley Road straightaway”, after he died, and do what we proposed. By redevelopment, he means remove the private spaces, renovate the house without knocking it down. At around the same time, on 27 December 2011, he wrote to Cabinet a third time and you have the letter with you.

In his earlier passage, he says demolish, then redevelop the property. Now he contradicts himself by saying that redevelopment means renovate the house. well, which is it going to be?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

My second major action after my father died, was to divest myself of the house. Soon after the Parliament Sitting, I learned that my siblings were unhappy that I was getting the house. I was not sure why, but I thought the best way to resolve the matter was to transfer the house to them. I first offered to transfer the house to my sister for a nominal sum of $1, on condition that if the property is sold later, or acquired by the Government, all proceeds or compensation would go to charity. Unfortunately, that deal fell through.

This is where it becomes absurd. If I were Ling and I was offered the entire Oxley house for $1, I would take it, who in their right mind would not? I don't thing there is one person in Singapore who would refuse this offer. However the conditions attached to it is unacceptable to Ling. The conditions mentioned by LHL assumes that the property would acquired by the govt later on. Or that it wold be sold in its entirety for profit. I don't think Ling has an issue with the proceeds going to charity. Rather the issue is that there is no allowance for what she wants to do, which is to demolish the house. I think she refused for this reason and its very convenient for LHL not to mention why she turn his offer down. What does he mean when the he says the deal fell through? Such a deal in favour of his sister can fall through? He is obviously not revealing everything. Expect Ling to counter attack him on this point via FB.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

The monkey in the bag is lky himself who want his name alive and kicking after his death.

U too fall for it....hahaha

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is also why he is such a dishonourable son! LWL is not one to mince her words. As an insider and integral member of the Lee Dynasty her words carry alot of weight. A sister will not anyhow scold his brother who is the PM of Singapore. She must have been really pissed.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is also why he is such a dishonourable son! LWL is not one to mince her words. As an insider and integral member of the Lee Dynasty her words carry alot of weight. A sister will not anyhow scold his brother who is the PM of Singapore. She must have been really pissed.

he is honorable to put his pm and his nation's interest first ahead of his personal obligations and filial piety as a son. cuntry before family. extremely difficult for him when he has to wear 2 hats, and he has to choose one over another. for this courageous move which will affect him the rest of his life, he deserves the medal of honor. salute to pm!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

TS again gullible, can u see how he force old man trembling n peeing in his diaper hv to march under hot sun like ah meng as a zoo exhibit to shore up the dried sappork for his useless son during nude damsel party

N how his carcass was been parade from istana to lumparleement like travelling circus

What sorta son would do that to his father

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY was ruthless & he destroyed many lives e.g the opposition, those who wanted more than 2 children, Stole people's property & livelihoods, .... etc

So I think it is ironic that LKY was used & abused by his own family. So sit back & enjoy the soap opera:smile: