• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[AMA] I am a Singaporean Woman

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Charlie, I am back. I was really busy with a corporate M&A project which I am leading, Finally, I now have some time for myself.

I read law in NUS.

Good for you.
I guess you must be at least a Second Upper.
During my days, the ever youthful Prof TLM, was at SU / NUS.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read law in NUS.

Claire,

I finally have a couple of questions for you. Do you think Singapore has successfully developed its own autochthonous legal system and jurisprudence, and do you think our current state of legal development allows us to make significant contributions to the ASEAN legal framework in the matters of free trade, extradition, counter-terrorism, and international crime?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Claire,

I finally have a couple of questions for you. Do you think Singapore has successfully developed its own autochthonous legal system and jurisprudence, and do you think our current state of legal development allows us to make significant contributions to the ASEAN legal framework in the matters of free trade, extradition, counter-terrorism, and international crime?

Thick, I have never been interested in jurisprudence. I find this boring, my apologies, as I am more interested in corporate work.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ on this presumption. Man is always a fool in the hands of a clever and manipulative woman. History has shown how an empire could collapse just because of one woman.

Man is never more logical than a woman at any time when she piles her charm on him like snowfall and he cannot see clearly what is right and what is wrong.

I would say morally weak men (which happens to be most men), but not all men. :wink:

unless he is a MGTOW.

As long as any man got his cock hanging outside his body and he is not visually unimpaired, get a woman to strip in front of him and all morality flies out of the window. Try it on a monk and you will find his flag going mari-kita.

bigboss, tony and takeshi, for me personally, I prefer a man that has character, independence and not a mummy's boy.

There are too many Singaporean men who are just mummy's boy and to me, this is the reason why Singaporean women prefer "angmo".

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thick, I have never been interested in jurisprudence. I find this boring, my apologies, as I am more interested in corporate work.

LOL! I thought you are a law graduate. How come no interest in law?

What is your area of interest in corporate work? Do you think this is a good time for corporations to do M&A?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! I thought you are a law graduate. How come no interest in law?

What is your area of interest in corporate work? Do you think this is a good time for corporations to do M&A?

There are many sub disciplines in law. My personal preference is corporate. With due respect, jurisprudence is for dreamers and I am certainly not one.

I love M&A transactions as it is transactional. There are many reasons why a company buy and sell. Some buy to beef up the balance sheet, while others buy to integrate. It all depends on what are the goals of the CEO of the day and his KPIs set by the Board.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are many sub disciplines in law. My personal preference is corporate. With due respect, jurisprudence is for dreamers and I am certainly not one.

I love M&A transactions as it is transactional. There are many reasons why a company buy and sell. Some buy to beef up the balance sheet, while others buy to integrate. It all depends on what are the goals of the CEO of the day and his KPIs set by the Board.

Jurisprudence is a hot topic in academic circles because the law is constantly evolving. You only think it is for dreamers because in Singapore and the region, the rule of law has been subordinated to rule by political power.

M&A must add value in order to it to be justified. All too often I have seen failing companies go on an acquisition spree in order to cover up their losses and their flawed business models. The small time shareholder ends up getting screwed.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bigboss, tony and takeshi, for me personally, I prefer a man that has character, independence and not a mummy's boy.

There are too many Singaporean men who are just mummy's boy and to me, this is the reason why Singaporean women prefer "angmo".

do sinkie women like BBCs too?Big Black Cocks.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurisprudence is a hot topic in academic circles because the law is constantly evolving. You only think it is for dreamers because in Singapore and the region, the rule of law has been subordinated to rule by political power.

M&A must add value in order to it to be justified. All too often I have seen failing companies go on an acquisition spree in order to cover up their losses and their flawed business models. The small time shareholder ends up getting screwed.

Thick, whether you like jurisprudence or not, it is an area of law that is hard to feed one's tummy, unless you become an academic in Singapore.

As for M&A, that is where the money is.

Adding value via M&A is always a question of massaging figures. 90% of M&A deals are all done to "add figures" and not value, which makes the business world go round.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this Prof Tan Cheng Han related to the entrepreneur, Tan Keong Choon ("rubber tycoon and philantropist) , who passed away late Oct 2015?

Charlie, I do not know. But I know that his brother is Cheng Yew who is in jail now for taking clients' money.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charlie, I do not know. But I know that his brother is Cheng Yew who is in jail now for taking clients' money.

OK, I did read some old news about TCH's brother and his classmates from Law School providing support to persuade the judge that TCY was a good man.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, I did read some old news about TCH's brother and his classmates from Law School providing support to persuade the judge that TCY was a good man.

I am told by my seniors who know both brothers, that Cheng Yew is smarter than Cheng Han.

Perhaps too smart, hence he probably thought he could run away with stealing clients' money to gamble.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am told by my seniors who know both brothers, that Cheng Yew is smarter than Cheng Han.

Perhaps too smart, hence he probably thought he could run away with stealing clients' money to gamble.

Gambling has ruined many individuals.

If money is the root of all problems, then credit cards must be the fertilizer.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gambling has ruined many individuals.

If money is the root of all problems, then credit cards must be the fertilizer.

Charlie, I agree.

Credit card usage has an effect of increasing cost of goods too as these card companies need to operate at a profitable level as well.