• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All 4 candidates cannot make it

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, being objective and unbiased -- Kenneth delivered the best speech on Nomination Day.

Lee Lilian's speech lacked substance. So did Koh Poh Koon's. Basically just a generic message with little content.

As for Desmond Lim, his speech was appalling. My plumber could do a better job.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, being objective and unbiased -- Kenneth delivered the best speech on Nomination Day.

Lee Lilian's speech lacked substance. So did Koh Poh Koon's. Basically just a generic message with little content.

agreed with u
if lll is elected, it may make wp look bad

Last edited:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kenneth seems very determined this time round.
Let's see what he has for us in the coming rally speech.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you are missing a major point. In politics it is usually the style that is more important than the substance.
KJ may have had meat in his speech but the jarring accent in which it was delivered and his nervous disposition detracted significantly from it.

Equally, on a broader issue: SDP may have elaborate policies, but outside the chattering classes on the Net, 99.99% of voters could not give a toss.
If SDP was absolutely convinced their policies were a real winner and they had a candidate head-and-shoulders above the rest then they would have contested.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brandon: totally agree with you.

The only one who spoke with any conviction was KJ.
But lookg at the ground at the nom centre, I doubt he has much chance to win, I hope he doesnt lose his kkj.

The worst is desmond, he makes my terrier snd more convincing when shes barking at the cat.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are missing a major point. In politics it is usually the style that is more important than the substance.
KJ may have had meat in his speech but the jarring accent in which it was delivered and his nervous disposition detracted significantly from it.

Bro, I think it is unfair that people criticise Kenneth's accent.

He has lived in the UK for around 30 plus years. He was educated there and worked there. And he claimed that he found it difficult to get a job in Singapore due to his family name. To the point that Goh Chok Tong had to write a letter asking employers not to be biased against Kenneth (and his brother Philip) just because they were Jeyaretnams. This was during a time when JB Jeyaretnam was the opposition leader and taking a lot of flak from the government and the press. During this period of time, being associated with the opposition was taboo - there was a genuine climate of fear.

Hence, it is only normal for him to speak like an angmoh, he lived there all his life. People cannot fault him for that. People can fault him for his boring speeches that are overly academic or technical (maybe he has improved since GE 2011, who knows??)

Whatever it is, I don't think he will get back his deposit, and I don't think it is a good idea for him to even contest Punggol East. But it's still not fair for people (not referring to you, but people in general) to find fault with his accent.

BTW bro did you check out the place I recommended you for the car keys?

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brandon: totally agree with you.

The only one who spoke with any conviction was KJ.
But lookg at the ground at the nom centre, I doubt he has much chance to win, I hope he doesnt lose his kkj.

The worst is desmond, he makes my terrier snd more convincing when shes barking at the cat.

He will definitely lose his deposit. The requirement is 12.5%. He has no chance.

I think he is prepared for it. He told some reporters that he was "sure that he would win the votes of those who would not vote for WP in any case".

He is referring to the hardcore opposition supporters who want an entire revamp of the system and are not content with just asking the government to do more for the poor. There are some voters who want democracy, human rights, civil liberties and so on, and these voters may be disillusioned with the WP.

I am thinking that Desmond Lim of SDA would struggle to win even 1% of the votes because the 4.5% vote base (from 2011) would rather vote for KJ instead. Based on Desmond's performance during the Nomination Day speeches, I would honestly be surprised if he can even win 330 votes (which is 1%). He would probably only get votes from those who personally know him, or he has interacted with before.

My prediction is PAP 48%, WP 45%, RP 7%, SDA >0.5%

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kee chiu can become mini star already Mp standards no need so high one lah.

As long your estates are clean and tip top and once in a while go and kar jiao the govt. by asking Your mp to pester them by writing letters can already lah!

Anybody who can speak well dun heck care about your needs or your estates also no use lah.

Be practical. Who gives a shit about democracy when there are rats running around your void decks?

Steve job, like GKS, is an asshole, according to his colleagues.

Last edited: