• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ahok Files Divorce from Veronica Because She Has Another Man for 7 Years

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ahok confirms wedding to 21-year-old, pours heart out to Indonesian politician on camera
PHOTO: YouTube screengrab
THE JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Jan 26, 2019
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Email

Former Jakarta governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, who prefers to be known as "BTP" following his release from prison, met with the leader of Hanura party, Oesman Sapta Odang (OSO), on Friday evening.
The meeting was recorded on camera and uploaded on OSO TV, a YouTube channel owned by OSO, and it quickly went viral as it answered a burning question; will there be a wedding soon?

After complimenting BTP on "looking younger", OSO asked the former governor, "Is the rumour true that you're getting married?" to which BTP replied, "Yes. Because my mother said 'Hok, I cannot take care or live with you, I'm in my 70s. How long [do I have to take care of you]?"

"My mother also said 'your wife should be my replacement to cook, make cakes and take care of you'. The last one didn't want to," he added. BTP said his mother had advised him to get married right away, before reaching the age of 55.

READ ALSO
Ex-Jakarta governor Ahok: Out of jail....and into arms of ex-wife's bodyguard
He confirmed his plans to marry Second Brig. Puput Nastiti Devi, a police officer. "Yes, it's her. She has been helping [my mother] cook for a long time now."
BTP told OSP that it all started when full police protection for his family was ordered by Gen. Tito Karnavian following the "411" rally in 2016. "I didn't think that I would date a female police officer. That never entered my mind," he said.
EXCLUSIVE ! AHOK temui OSO minta restu menikah

"A friend of mine came and said that I should marry somebody with 'the same palm lines'. My ex-wife, in Chinese beliefs, could not accept her luck and that is why we parted. It doesn't mean [my future wife] has to have the same lines on her palms as I do, but it means that our fate is the same," BTP said.
Following this conversation with his friend BTP asked to meet Puput, then his wife's aide, and to his surprise, the lines on their palms matched. He also mentioned that Puput came from a family of police officers.
READ ALSO
'Call me BTP, not Ahok,' says former Jakarta governor
Halfway into the interview with OSO, BTP invited Puput to join in and show her palms to the camera to compared them with his.
According to BTP, his relationship with Puput has led to an improvement in his mother's health. "My mother is now healthier. Her cholesterol level is below 200," he said.
"She knows that there will be somebody to take care of her son. She already trusts me," Puput chimed in.
When asked whether she was of Chinese ancestry, Puput said she had no knowledge of any Chinese ethnicity, "I don't know about that, all I know is that my whole family is Javanese, but yes, most of my family have fair skin and chubby cheeks."
Rumours about the impending marriage between BTP and Puput had been circulating weeks prior to his release. Both families denied the rumours, although City Council speaker Prasetio Edi Marsudi had confirmed the Feb. 15 wedding. "I will be their witness," he said as quoted by tempo.co recently.
Basuki Tjahaja Purnama divorced his wife, Veronica Tan, in April 2018.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...looks like ahok's divorce from his hokkein ex wife was the best thing to happen to him. He gets a better new wife...

Skip to main content
Toggle navigation
ASIAEast Asia SE Asia South Asia Australia/NZ

Ex-wife of former Jakarta governor Ahok hid affair, court told
Veronica Tan breaking down as she reads a handwritten letter from her husband, former Jakarta Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, during a press conference in Jakarta on May 23, 2017.
Veronica Tan breaking down as she reads a handwritten letter from her husband, former Jakarta Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, during a press conference in Jakarta on May 23, 2017.PHOTO: AFP
PUBLISHEDAPR 4, 2018, 9:58 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTERWHATSAPPEMAIL
Wahyudi SoeriaatmadjaIndonesia Correspondent
JAKARTA - Ms Veronica Tan was 19 when Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, better known as Ahok, proposed to her.

She had just enrolled in the architecture faculty at Pelita Harapan University in Tangerang, a satellite town of Jakarta.

Ms Tan and Basuki, 11 years older than her, did not need to date before marrying each other on Sept 6, 1997. Both were active members of the Kristus Yesus church in Pluit, North Jakarta. She was a member of its choir, while he was on the church committee.

She was impressed with his resolute character, while he loved the way she sang and played the piano.

She also sported a natural look and wore no make-up, Basuki was to recall later.

Ms Tan was born and raised in big cities.

The oldest of three siblings, she went to primary school in the North Sumatra provincial capital of Medan. Her mother set great store by education, and she was sent to Jakarta for her high school education. She lived there with an aunt.

Former Jakarta governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama filed for divorce from Madam Veronica Tan on Jan 8. Basuki was granted custody of their two younger children.
Related Story
Jakarta court grants ex-governor Ahok's divorce request, custody of 2 younger children

Despite her urban upbringing, Ms Tan was willing to follow her husband where his career took him. For example, the newlyweds moved to rural Belitung Island, Basuki's home town, where he owned a quartz mine that yielded raw material for construction.

Basuki's decision to join politics took Ms Tan by surprise, but she decided to support him.

He became a member of the Belitung Timur regency's Parliament, and was then elected the regent there. In 2009, he was elected to the national Parliament, and the couple moved back to Jakarta.

On the surface, they remained close, even as Basuki's political star kept rising.

In 2012, when partnered with Mr Joko Widodo - also known as Jokowi - they were elected deputy governor and governor of Jakarta, respectively. He took over the governor's post in 2014, when Mr Joko became president of Indonesia.

All this while, Ms Tan came across as a loving mother, ferrying her three children to school while performing her role as the wife of a successful politician.

Unknown to the public, she was having an affair with married businessman Julianto Tio.

Businessman Julianto Tio.
Some details were revealed when presiding judge Sutaji read out the divorce verdict in court.

He said Ms Tan had concealed the identity of her "good friend", Mr Tio, on her mobile phone by using a nickname for him.

"To deceive anyone, including her husband, Ms Tan changed the name of Julianto Tio on her mobile phone to another name, Medan Elang," the judge said. Elang means "eagle" in Bahasa Indonesia.

Ms Tan would also speak to Mr Tio in Hokkien - a language that her husband does not speak - said the judge.

TOPICS: INDONESIAINDONESIAN POLITICSDIVORCES, SEPARATIONS AND ANNULMENTS
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail

Big dreams and hopes of settling down - all dashed for actor Aloysius Pang
Big dreams and hopes of settling down - all dashed for actor Aloysius Pang
Jan 27, 2019
No sea change for Mercedes-Benz C-class
No sea change for Mercedes-Benz C-class
Jan 26, 2019
Declutter like you're about to be retrenched
Declutter like you're about to be retrenched
Jan 27, 2019
Rise of Huawei - from balloon sale to telco giant
Rise of Huawei - from balloon sale to telco giant
Jan 27, 2019
Recommended by
RECOMMENDED
6 Foods That Give You NightmaresAdvertisement
6 Foods That Give You Nightmares
Eva Mattress
Advertisement
Jennifer Lawrence's House Will Break Your Heart
Editor Choice
New Mosquito Trap Takes Australia By Storm. The Idea Is GeniusAdvertisement
New Mosquito Trap Takes Australia By Storm. The Idea Is…
trendingconsumergadgets.com
Magic Air Conditioner Takes Australia By Storm. The Idea Is GeniusAdvertisement
Magic Air Conditioner Takes Australia By Storm…
trendingconsumergadgets.com
Get Flights, Upgrades and More with a Frequent Flyer Credit CardAdvertisement
Get Flights, Upgrades and More with a Frequent Flyer Credit Card
Finder
Pools from shipping containersAdvertisement
Pools from shipping containers
realestate.com.au
Kate Moss Stars In The New Burberry x Vivienne Westwood CampaignAdvertisement
Kate Moss Stars In The New Burberry x Vivienne Westwood…
Fashion Magazine | News. Fashion. Beauty. Music. | oystermag.com
This is What Dental Implants Should Cost in PerthAdvertisement
This is What Dental Implants Should Cost in Perth
Dental Implants| Sponsored Listings
25 Insanely Cool Products You Didn't Know You NeededAdvertisement
25 Insanely Cool Products You Didn't Know You Needed
Top25.nexttech.com
This Life-Changing Health Watch Is Taking Our Country by Storm, Here's WhyAdvertisement
This Life-Changing Health Watch Is Taking Our Country…
simplediscountfinder.com
Navy Man Is Extremely Happy To Be Back Home Until He Sees His Wife's Pregnant BellyAdvertisement
Navy Man Is Extremely Happy To Be Back Home Until He Sees His Wife's…
Direct Expose

ST VIDEOS
US calls on world to 'pick a side' on Venezuela; Europeans set to recognise opposition leader Juan Guaido
US calls on world to 'pick a side' on Venezuela; Europeans set to recognise opposition leader Juan…
French 'yellow vests' march through Paris, keeping pressure on Macron
French 'yellow vests' march through Paris, keeping pressure on Macron
Trump long-time ally Stone arrested, faces seven charges
Trump long-time ally Stone arrested, faces seven charges
Foreign troops to quit Afghanistan in 18 months under draft deal: Taleban officials
Foreign troops to quit Afghanistan in 18 months under draft deal: Taleban officials
Recommended by
BRANDED CONTENT

SUBSCRIBE TO
THE STRAITS TIMES

call 6388-3838 or click here
Available for
iPhones and iPads
Available in
Google Play

SINGAPORE
POLITICS
ASIA
WORLD
VIDEOS
MULTIMEDIA
LIFESTYLE
FOOD
FORUM
OPINION
BUSINESS
SPORT
TECH
GAMES
FOLLOW ST

The Straits Times
Terms & ConditionsData Protection PolicyNeed help? Reach us here.Advertise with us
SPH Digital News / Copyright © 2019 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Co. Regn. No. 198402868E. All rights reserved

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he needs to, i recommend dr. kutchyakorkoff from russia.
No need lah ..heaps of drs can do it in indonland. N ahok not poor...can get the best drs....but alot of rich indons will just fly to spore for medical treatment to play safe. Anyway the resident mudslime ah sai (Syed) says his new wife is Christian. So good lor

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need lah ..heaps of drs can do it in indonland. N ahok not poor...can get the best drs....but alot of rich indons will just fly to spore for medical treatment to play safe. Anyway the resident mudslime ah sai (Syed) says his new wife is Christian. So good lor
what about his bad breath? if it still persists, i recommend dr. don don totomi (don't don't talk to me).

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
And she most likely is a virgin...or rather ahok is lucky to makan her cherry...bcos Indon mata must be virgin.. wat a lucky guy. He might be a fuckien...but he got it right...a real man compared to Pinky

malay girls are very good to their husbands/boyfriends on bed.
They serve their lovers better than chinese.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ahok Attacked Online Over Plans To Marry A Muslim
NEWSWORLD
By Editor On Jan 30, 2019

345Shares

whatsapp.svg

cad72bff-7a27-4d90-a093-d7c6eb4576f4.png

(The Straits Times) – Former Jakarta governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, who was just released from prison last week after serving a two-year sentence for blaspheming against Islam, is now being attacked by critics over another hot button issue.
The Chinese-Christian politician, who battled corruption and improved healthcare when he governed the Indonesian capital between 2014 and 2017, is being criticised on social media by Muslims who are accusing him of making the Muslim woman he plans to marry commit apostasy.
Other Muslims, however, have defended Basuki, arguing that no one should meddle with his personal life and that people have the right to follow any religion.
Basuki, 52, popularly known as Ahok, has said he plans to remarry.
The bride-to-be, who comes from a Javanese Muslim family, is Puput Nastiti Devi, 21, who used to be a policewoman and aide of Ahok’s former wife.
Indonesia does not recognise the marriage if the man and woman are from different religions.
In many cases, one converts to the other’s religion, or they travel to another country to get married.
The brouhaha surrounding Basuki’s planned marriage started not long after a video showing Puput and himself singing at a service led by a Christian pastor went viral.
The thanksgiving service was held last Thursday, when Basuki was freed from prison.
News portal Kumparan.com reported that the couple’s pre-marriage documentation identified Puput as a Christian.
Another site, vivanews.com, reported that the couple would tie the knot in a Christian wedding.

Basuki divorced his former wife Veronica Tan last year, after more than 20 years of marriage.
The divorce came a year after a Jakarta court sentenced him in May 2017 to two years’ jail, after finding him guilty of insulting Islam – a verdict widely seen as being caused by political pressure from conservative Muslim groups.
Neither Basuki nor Puput has spoken about the alleged conversion.
Commenting on reports that Basuki is marrying a Muslim woman, Islam-based United Development Party politician Andi Soedirman said Muslims would have even less sympathy for Basuki if he went ahead with the plan to marry her.
He added that Puput has the legal right to convert.
The issue has divided opinion on social media. Twitter user David Ridwan, in a post, said: “Ahok is initiating very dangerous and controversial debates again. This looks like Ahok is taking revenge, by way of making a Muslim woman commit apostasy.”
Another Twitter user, Jeffery Coumbour, said: “Ahok, I am very disappointed… You should marry a woman of your own religion.”
Others defended Basuki. Indonesian artist Sudjiwo Tedjo, who has a large Twitter following, said: “I am not a fan of Ahok but I am ok with a would-be bride of Ahok or anybody converting before marriage.”

345Shares

whatsapp.svg

AhokChristianityIndonesiaindonesianMuslimworld news

Sponsored Links
You May Like
http://financialmagazine.co/ten-way...804902&s2=1026586&s3=166210575&source=taboola

Jan 30, 2019
Will

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘Ahok’ Case Highlights Indonesia’s Blasphemy Law
January 26, 2019 10:49 PM
0EFD364D-C74A-4192-945E-9703B5888AF0_cx0_cy1_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Supporters of former Jakarta Gov. Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama take a selfie in front of wreaths sent by well-wishers outside a police prison in Depok, Indonesia, Jan. 24, 2019.
See comments
Print
WASHINGTON —
The release of Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, the former governor of Jakarta, after serving most of a two-year sentence for blasphemy, is focusing attention on the law that brought down the popular politician best known as Ahok.
Ahok, an ethnic Chinese Christian in a Muslim-majority nation, was found guilty of blasphemy by the North Jakarta District Court, May 9, 2017, a month after he lost his re-election bid to Anies Baswedan, who espouses a strict interpretation of Islam.
The governorship of Jakarta is widely seen as a steppingstone to higher, nationwide office. The current president, Joko Widodo, served as governor before Ahok. That Ahok’s campaign became a flash point in the blasphemy debate highlighted the religious tension in the world’s most populous Muslim nation, as does Widodo’s selection of a cleric, Maruf Amin, as his running mate in his re-election bid. Widodo’s opponent, former Gen. Prabowo Subianto, is stressing his ties to Islamists in the run-up to the April 8-17 vote.
F983F55D-E037-497E-8310-DBF2E26E8B87_cx4_cy9_cw71_w650_r1_s.jpg

Former Jakarta Gov. Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, known as Ahok, signed some documents before being released from military prison in Depok, Indonesia, Jan. 24, 2019.
Beginning of trouble
Ahok’s troubles began on a campaign stop, Sept. 27, 2016, when he said people should not vote for a candidate based on religious beliefs, a criticism of the notion that Muslims cannot have a leader who is not also Muslim. A video of his remarks appeared on social media, edited to suggest Ahok was insulting the Quran, triggering violent street protests by fundamentalists.
Ahok lost the April 2017 vote to Baswedan. After a high-profile trial, Ahok was convicted May 9, 2017, and later that year, on Nov. 14, a district court in West Java found Buni Yani guilty of editing Ahok’s remarks and sentenced him to 1½ years in prison. He has yet to serve his time and is working on Subianto’s election campaign, according to The Washington Post.
“Indonesia’s 1945 constitution explicitly guarantees freedom of religion, as does the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which Indonesia is a party,” according to a 2018 Human Rights Watch (HRW) article.
“However, the Indonesian government has long enacted, and in recent years strengthened, legislation and regulations that have subjected minority religions to official discrimination. This has made minority groups extremely vulnerable to members of the majority community who take the law into their own hands,” the article said.
93B76B50-2FBC-4E63-B4BD-8F9FC7EC95F7_w650_r0_s.jpg

FILE - Supporters of Jakarta Gov. Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama who is imprisoned for blaspheming Islam shout slogans during a protest outside the High Court in Jakarta, Indonesia, May 16, 2017.
Blasphemy law
Blasphemy is defined in Article 156a of Indonesia’s 1965 criminal code as “abusing or staining a religion adhered to in Indonesia” when the act is committed with “the intention to prevent a person to adhere to any religion based on belief of the almighty God,” according to Rafiqa Qurrata A’yun, a lecturer in the Faculty of Law at the University of Indonesia writing in Inside Indonesia.
In short, going outside the central tenets of Indonesia’s six officially recognized religions — Buddhism, Catholicism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Protestantism and Islam — can mean five years in prison. Virtually all the blasphemy cases involve Islam.
52099DC1-6E20-4515-98BC-93A07DB74F5D_cx0_cy9_cw100_w650_r1_s.jpg

Meiliana, a 44-year-old ethnic Chinese Buddhist, sits in a courtroom for blasphemy charges, in Medan, Sumatra, Indonesia, Aug. 21, 2018.
Among those minorities, other than Ahok, the person who has attracted the most attention is Meiliana, a 44-year-old Chinese Buddhist, who was found guilty of insulting Islam after asking her neighborhood mosque in 2016 to lower the volume of its sound system used in the call to prayer. She said it hurt her ears.
The mobs responding to Meiliana’s request for a quieter azan ransacked at least 14 Buddhist temples in Tanjung Balai, North Sumatra, as ethnic Chinese fled the area. She was jailed for 18 months.
Other cases included the dismissal in July by the Supreme Court of a challenge to the blasphemy law by nine members of the Ahmadiyya religious minority who “who sought the law’s abolition on the basis that it fuels discrimination and abuse of religious minorities,” according to HRW.
The Ahmadiyya sect was founded by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad more than a century ago in what is today the Indian part of Punjab. He claimed to be the incarnation of a Messiah promised in Islamic holy texts. That challenged the mainstream Muslim belief that Muhammad is Islam’s last and final prophet.
Early last year, the Jayapura Churches Association, in the capital of Indonesia’s Papua province, issued a stark ultimatum to municipal authorities: Dismantle the minaret of the city’s al-Aqsa Mosque within 14 days or the group would “take their own action.” The group took no action, however, after the two weeks passed.
On May 19, 2018, militant Islamists attacked and damaged eight Ahmadiyya houses on Lombok Island, forcing 24 people from seven families to seek refuge at the East Lombok police precinct, according to HRW.

Cases reported
Based on research done by Jakarta’s Setara Institute, which tracks religious freedom in Indonesia, from 1965 to 2017 there were 97 cases of blasphemy, 88 of those since 1998. Of those, 22 have occurred since Widodo took office, according to HRW.
Melissa Crouch, an associate professor at the law school at the University of New South Wales in Australia, told the Sydney Morning Herald that the blasphemy law had been “weaponized.”
“It’s called the ‘Ahok effect,’ the use of the blasphemy law to target political opponents,” said Crouch, who is an expert on Indonesia’s blasphemy laws.
The U.S. State Department’s Annual Report on Religious Freedom from 2017 referred to the problem of conviction for blasphemy and defamation of religion, and the HRW Annual Report for 2018 described Indonesia’s blasphemy law as “dangerously ambiguous.”
The senior HRW researcher in Indonesia, Andreas Harsono, told VOA that he “regretted” that Widodo “did not use the enormous political support he had to overcome intolerance.”
Harsono added, “It is necessary to continue public education so that everyone is aware of the existence of controversial laws such as the blasphemy law.”
06BECC1B-3EF6-48E8-8A15-49244BC1CBD0_w650_r0_s.jpg

Former Jakarta Gov. Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama poses with his relatives after being released from prison in Jakarta, Indonesia, Jan. 24, 2019.
Anthropologist and founder of SEA Junction in Bangkok, Dr. Rosalia Sciortino Sumaryono, echoed Harsono's remarks. She said that in many cases, where minorities are victims because of the politicization of religion or ethnic distrust fueled by nationalism, too many people in the majority keep quiet out of fear.
“We may be afraid to face a war of ideas, but it is time to speak out and claim our public spaces,” she said. “This is an urgent need, because otherwise such behavior will continue to spread and eventually we will be cornered. Many victims will fall.”

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extended version of 'A Man Called Ahok' to be screened abroad
NEWS DESK
THE JAKARTA POST
Jakarta / Thu, January 24, 2019 / 05:50 pm
2018_11_10_58326_1541818885._large.jpg

SHARES
Coming of age: 'A Man Called Ahok' recounts Ahok's journey, from his childhood to his beginnings as a fiery, no-nonsense politician. (Courtesy of The United Team of Art/-)

An extended version of the biopic on former Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, who has asked to be referred to as BTP from now on, A Man Called Ahok, is set to be made and screened abroad, according to a report by Antara.
"We're planning to release the film internationally in March or April," said the movie's producer Emir Hakim in Jakarta on Thursday.
Some of the countries that have reportedly requested to screen the film include Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.
Read also: 'A Man Called Ahok' director refuses to glorify Ahok
Focusing on BTP's family dynamics, the film helmed by Putrama Tuta, affectionately known as Tuta, was a success at the box office last year, selling 1.5 million tickets across Indonesia.
Tuta said the version of the film screened abroad would feature some scenes that were previously deleted.
"The structure will remain the same, however [this version] will be braver and bolder to meet international demands. The context has to be wider, not merely [a relationship between] father and son; [such as] what symbolism [of Ahok] can be highlighted. Why was Ahok sent to prison and what was the reason for it," said Tuta.
The extended version might be screened in Indonesia as well, confirmed both Emir and Tuta.
"[The possibility is open] after it is screened abroad. The film Soekarno [for instance] had an extended version after being released for six months," said Tuta. (kes)

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toggle navigation
ADVERTISEMENT

Ahok joins ruling Indonesian party
image: https://www.thestar.com.my/~/media/...hash=E212C3AA9A75B59ABCCBA3250CED80E3BE8CA300
world_rq_100219_p022a_raqib_1.ashx

Red hot comeback: Ahok (centre) meeting the press with Bali deputy governor Tjokorda Oka Artha Ardana Sukawati and Bali legislative council speaker Nyoman Adi Wiryatama after a visit to PDI-P’s Bali office in Denpasar. — The Jakarta Post/Asia News Network
Jakarta: Former Jakarta governor Basuki “BTP” Tjahaja Purnama, also known as Ahok, has officially joined the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), ending speculation of whether the Chinese-Indonesian politician would ever return to politics after being convicted of blasphemy nearly two years ago.
Ahok announced his decision in Bali on Friday following a meeting with leaders of the party’s chapter on the resort island, tribunnews.com reported.

ADVERTISEMENT
Wearing a red jacket, the PDI-P’s signature colour, Ahok told reporters: “I have (thought about this). I have always been a sympathiser.”
The PDI-P is the party of Ahok’s former partners at the Jakarta administration, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Djarot Saeful Hidayat.

Ahok was Jokowi’s deputy governor when the latter served as Jakarta governor.
Djarot took Ahok’s job when Jokowi was elected president and left his position to Ahok.
The former governor said that he had chosen the PDI-P because the party “fits my ideology”.
PDI-P executive Hendrawan Supratikno said that Ahok had long been considered a PDI-P member as he was someone who both understood and accepted the party’s ideology.
“I heard that he already has a party membership card, so there are no administrative issues anymore,” he said.
Ahok’s decision to join the PDI-P is hardly surprising, with Djarot insinuating weeks before his release that the former governor would join his party.
Few thought that Ahok would announce his decision to join the PDI-P this early.
Jokowi’s political rivals have repeatedly attacked the president’s alliance with Ahok.
The latest anti-Ahok rally in Jakarta saw a call made by an Islamist leader who told Muslims to shun parties that backed “the blasphemer”.
Ahok was sentenced to two years in prison for blasphemy following a speech he made in Thousand Islands regency in September 2016 that referred to Al-Maidah verse 51 in the Quran. — The Jakarta Post/Asia News Network
TAGS / KEYWORDS:Indonesia

cYEMr.99

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ahok wears the green hat for so many years already! Please have pity on him and give him a break! :biggrin: