• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Yang is Back and meeting Oppos,,,PAP John Tan, please arrest him for collaborating with the Enemy

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If countries could eliminate poverty by mandating a minimum wage there would be no poor people in the world.

Businesses that are forced to pay a wage beyond what the market can support are simply not sustainable.

If you allow cheap labour in the country eg foreign workers, maids etc etc, you can never mandate minimum wage as this has to be across the board for ALL workers.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you allow cheap labour in the country eg foreign workers, maids etc etc, you can never mandate minimum wage as this has to be across the board for ALL workers.

The purpose of minimum wages is to protect workers against unduly low pay. They help ensure a just and equitable share of the fruits of progress to all, and a minimum living wage to all who are employed and in need of such protection.

Minimum wages can also be one element of a policy to overcome poverty and reduce inequality, including those between men and women, by promoting the right to equal remuneration for work of equal value.

Minimum wage systems should not be seen or used in isolation, but should be designed in a way to supplement and reinforce other social and employment policies.

Several types of measures can be used to tackle income and labour market inequality, including pro-employment policies, social transfers, and creating an enabling environment for sustainable enterprises.

The purpose of a minimum wage, which sets a floor, should also be distinguished from collective bargaining, which can be used to set wages above an existing floor.

Figure 1 shows a hypothetical wage distribution with a "minimum wage zone" and a "collective bargaining zone" which can be used to establish minimum standards and to set wages above an existing floor.
https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/wages/minimum-wages/definition/WCMS_439072/lang--en/index.htm

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HY looking more and more like albino.
badass ming dynasty eunuch.
06845800-8013-4F57-830A-E8B620462304.jpeg
488D3CEC-5F8D-4B55-A5EC-982CC13E78BC.jpeg

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The purpose of minimum wages is to protect workers against unduly low pay. They help ensure a just and equitable share of the fruits of progress to all, and a minimum living wage to all who are employed and in need of such protection.

Minimum wages can also be one element of a policy to overcome poverty and reduce inequality, including those between men and women, by promoting the right to equal remuneration for work of equal value.

Minimum wage systems should not be seen or used in isolation, but should be designed in a way to supplement and reinforce other social and employment policies.

Several types of measures can be used to tackle income and labour market inequality, including pro-employment policies, social transfers, and creating an enabling environment for sustainable enterprises.

The purpose of a minimum wage, which sets a floor, should also be distinguished from collective bargaining, which can be used to set wages above an existing floor.

Figure 1 shows a hypothetical wage distribution with a "minimum wage zone" and a "collective bargaining zone" which can be used to establish minimum standards and to set wages above an existing floor.
https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/wages/minimum-wages/definition/WCMS_439072/lang--en/index.htm

i agree with you bro.

only thing mandatory with a "minimum" is followed by "SUM" and preceded by the word "CPF"

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There is no such thing as "unduly low pay". If I offer someone $2 per hour and they accept the terms why should the government butt in to what is a private contract between two parties?

If the person feels that the pay is "unduly" low then he/she can choose not to work for me. There is no compulsion.

To give an example I did a photo shoot of 200+ items for a catalogue recently. The requirements where that the items should all be placed on a transparent background so that the printer/web designers could then decide the colour of the background later.

I could have done the job myself but it would have taken many hours of my time for what was essentially a mundane task.

I tried sub contracting the work to a local graphics house and they quoted me a ridiculous sum of NZD 7 per image.

I decided the scour the internet for a better deal.

I found this site https://clippingpathindia.com/ who offered me a fantastic price. As a result the money left NZ's shores and some Indians profited instead.

Indians are the best!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
CLIPPING PATH AND IMAGE-EDITING SERVICES SPECIALIZING IN ECOMMERCE AND PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY
hero-helmet-background-removal-optimized_1200x.jpg

Hand-drawn clipping path, high-quality image editing, quick turnaround time — all starting at just $0.49 USD/photo
GET YOUR QUOTE
Very eager to please and good service! Can definitely recommend them and would use them any time again.— Eveline​
HOW IT WORKS

1. Request a quote for the images you need edited

2. Receive an email with your quote in 45 minutes or less

3. Give us the green light to move forward with your project

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

We are now in the midst of IDing everyone who posed in the photo with the scumbugs Bock and Yang. If they are civil servants or grassroots volunteers, they will be expelled from service.

The relevant authorities will be summoning Yang for questioning soon. I understand that one of his sons is a faggot and the other is a fugitive from Singapore law.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If I'm willing to only pay $50 a day for labour, upping the minimum hourly wage would simply mean towkays fire a couple of workers or make the same number of workers work fewer hours a day.

Bosses are only willing to pay more to minimum wage workers if they collect more sales to support a higher wage. Many of our companies, including mine, do not earn $5 for every $1 equity. You should not see most bosses as bloodsuckers.

Rich companies like Singtel have an ROE of about 15%, they make about 15 cents for every $1 they put into the business after deducting costs.

As a towkay, I'm all for upping minimum wage if sinkies like you are willing to pay $5 and above for your usual 'cheap' hawker fare and catered food. Otherwise, towkays will simply hire foreigners and put their family members on the payroll as ghost employees like what we see now for many smaller SMEs.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are now in the midst of IDing everyone who posed in the photo with the scumbugs Bock and Yang. If they are civil servants or grassroots volunteers, they will be expelled from service.

The relevant authorities will be summoning Yang for questioning soon. I understand that one of his sons is a faggot and the other is a fugitive from Singapore law.
Why don't u execute every one in the photos. Than no opposition

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHY should dye his hair black, like almost all of the CCP politburo members do, projects a vibrant and energetic image. In politics, especially under a one idiot ahem I mean one man one vote system, image is important.

TCB is 78 and implying that he got no time and energy to lead change in SG? LOL Mahathir is 90 plus and led PH to electoral victory!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why don't u execute every one in the photos. Than no opposition

I would like to. But Bock has some support still within the PAP. We will not make any hasty moves against Bock until we have purged every member of the Bock faction from PAP, PA and NTUC.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN this morning west coast kopi session could be the first step to end the lee dynasty KNN
KNN this may sound silly but all they need to do to takeover control of the empire is not by the voting box but by a whistle wee...woo...weef - kopi uncles leading kopi aunties from zone to zone and there you go ... troopers leading to pmo for a force takeover KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nothing will come out of this "breakfast meeting". It is just wayang. As much as I hope something positive will eventuate, both men will put some thought into it and decide that going against the mighty pap machinery is not worth it. Hence, sinkies will suffer for the next 50 years.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to. But Bock has some support still within the PAP. We will not make any hasty moves against Bock until we have purged every member of the Bock faction from PAP, PA and NTUC.
Just shoot those ah bock supporters...don't tell me pap is tat weak

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing will come out of this "breakfast meeting". It is just wayang. As much as I hope something positive will eventuate, both men will put some thought into it and decide that going against the mighty pap machinery is not worth it. Hence, sinkies will suffer for the next 50 years.
KNN that's right that's why the only way for a takeover is by physical force KNN as talk and vote is useless KNN