• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Yang is Back and meeting Oppos,,,PAP John Tan, please arrest him for collaborating with the Enemy

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng Bock and Lee Hsien Yang have breakfast together at West Coast hawker centre
By
Jewel Stolarchuk
-
November 4, 2018
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

Dr Tan Cheng Bock FB
Founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew’s youngest son and current Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s younger brother, Lee Hsien Yang, met up with former presidential candidate Dr Tan Cheng Bock for breakfast this morning, at the famous hawker centre at Blk 726 West Coast Market.
While Lee told the national broadsheet, “We were just here to have breakfast,” when approached for comment, Dr Tan revealed on his Facebook page that they spoke about the “current state of politics in Singapore.”
Sharing pictures of their gathering this morning, Dr Tan wrote on Facebook:
“This morning I had breakfast with Lee Hsien Yang. We wanted to catch up with each other as we have not met for quite a while. Instead of some fancy restaurant, I suggested we go to West Coast Food Centre at Block 726 Clementi West. Hsien Yang was all for it. He missed our local hawker fare in the heartlands. We had porridge & coffee with yu tiao. It was a good breakfast, not only the food, but the sharing we had on world affairs and the current state of politics in Singapore.

“As it was a Sunday morning, the place was crowded with families out for their Sunday breakfast fix. Many greeted us warmly and some whipped out their handphones to take photos with us. We were touched by their warmth and encouragement. I will be having more breakfasts & lunches with friends regularly in the heartlands.”

The meeting comes months after a meeting in which Dr Tan was invited by several members of the opposition in Singapore to unite the various opposition parties and lead them to victory against the PAP during the next election.
Seven opposition parties in Singapore came together in July and discussed forming a new coalition and having Dr Tan as their leader. The parties are the Singapore Democratic Party, the National Solidarity Party, the People’s Power Party, the Democratic Progressive Party, the Reform Party, and the yet-to-be-registered People’s Voice.
The meeting of the seven parties, organised by the SDP, came on the heels of another SDP-organised meeting where several opposition parties came together to hear Malaysian politician Chua Tian Chang speak about how the opposition coalition Pakatan Harapan achieved their historic victory in the polls across the causeway during the watershed 2018 Malaysian General Election.
In May, former Malaysian Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad left the ruling party to band the opposition in Malaysia together. The opposition coalition soundly defeated the ruling coalition and toppled Dr Mahathir’s former protege Najib Razak who now faces corruption charges over the 1MDB scandal.
Calls for Dr Tan Cheng Bock to “do a Mahathir” resounded after the Malaysian Election. Although Dr Tan was present at the meeting with the 7 opposition parties as an observer, he has yet to give a direct answer on whether he will or won’t accept the invitation to lead an opposition coalition.
Dr Tan only said at the time:
“I think I must help but in what capacity, I have not decided.
“I am now 78 years old. I may only have a short time to mentor a team to work for the good of the nation. This is a small window of opportunity, a moment for ubah (change in Malay). I want to put my last years to good use. I want to pass all that I have acquired and learned in the political arena to the next generation.
“I would regret it if I had the chance to make a difference, but did nothing.”
Calls for Lee Hsien Yang to go against his brother, the head of Government, in politics also resounded last year when Lee and his elder sister, Lee Wei Ling, accused their elder brother of trying to preserve their home at 38 Oxley Road against their father’s last wishes, after his death.
Arguing that the late Lee Kuan Yew wished to have the house demolished, the younger Lee siblings alleged that PM Lee was trying to use the house to solidify his grip on power and that he used state organs to silence them.
The siblings finally agreed to a ceasefire after the explosive allegations gripped the nation, although Lee Hsien Yang’s son Li Shengwu is presently being sued by the authorities for remarks he made about the Singapore courts, in a private “friends only” Facebook post in which he shared a link to a report about the Oxley Road dispute.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng Bock & Lee Hsien Yang had breakfast & talked about “current state of politics” in S’pore
Maybe lunch with Workers' Party next.
Nyi Nyi Thet |
clock.png
November 4, 12:28 pm

collageyxxx.jpg

Events
The President’s Young Talents 2018
04 October 2018 - 27 January 2019, 1000h-1900h (Sat to Thu) 2100h (Fri)
SAM at 8Q, 8 Queen Street, Singapore 188535

Singapore River Festival 2018
16 October 2018 - 11 November 2018, 1500h-2230h
Singapore River

Etsy Craftivist SG Market 2018
30 November 2018 - 01 December 2018, 12 PM-8 PM
Capitol Singapore, 13 Stamford Road, Singapore 178905

Upsurge
S'porean influencer blamed for dressing skimpily after getting molested & her phone stolen in Bali

2 kitties have been trying, & failing, to enter a museum in Japan for 2 years

S'pore man adopts dog, abandons it and then begs original owner not to go to the police

Vans, Timberlands & Kiplings going for up to 80% off at S'pore Expo sale from Nov. 1 - 4, 2018

S'poreans who take drugs overseas will be treated as drug abuser if caught upon return to S'pore

BTS S'pore tickets allegedly going for as high as S$12,888, scalpers unrepentant when called out

2011 Presidential Election runner-up Tan Cheng Bock and Lee Hsien Yang had breakfast on November 4 for about an hour over at West Coast Food Centre.
This was swiftly reported by The Straits Timesand Lianhe Zaobao.
Within two hours, Tan wrote a Facebook post detailing his 9am catch-up with the brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
Advertisement

Here it is.
in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

Here is what he said in case you can’t view it.
“This morning I had breakfast with Lee Hsien Yang. We wanted to catch up with each other as we have not met for quite a while. Instead of some fancy restaurant, I suggested we go to West Coast Food Centre at Block 726 Clementi West.​
Hsien Yang was all for it. He missed our local hawker fare in the heartlands. We had porridge & coffee with yu tiao. It was a good breakfast, not only the food, but the sharing we had on world affairs and the current state of politics in Singapore.​
As it was a Sunday morning, the place was crowded with families out for their Sunday breakfast fix. Many greeted us warmly and some whipped out their handphones to take photos with us. We were touched by their warmth and encouragement. I will be having more breakfasts & lunches with friends regularly in the heartlands.”​
They were apparently joined by Ting Choon Meng, who you can read about here.

Advertisement

Here are the reasons he cited for having some hawker fare.
1. Catch up with Lee, who he hadn’t met for quite a while.​
2. Lee missed hawker fare.​
3. They discussed world affairs and current state of politics in Singapore.​
Image from Tan Cheng Bock’s Facebook Image from Tan Cheng Bock’s Facebook Image from Tan Cheng Bock’s Facebook

Advertisement

Somewhat related article

Image from Tan Cheng Bock’s article

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Cheng Bock has breakfast with Lee Hsien Yang at West Coast hawker centre
1 of 3
dummy.gif

btlhy201811042_0.jpg
Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock (seated, third from right) and Mr Lee Hsien Yang (seated, second from left) were at Block 726 West Coast Market, which is in Dr Tan's former Ayer Rajah constituency when he was an MP with the People's Action Party from 1980 to 2006.ST PHOTO: ONG WEE JIN
PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
UPDATED
32 MIN AGO
FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAIL

SINGAPORE - Former presidential candidate Tan Cheng Bock was spotted having breakfast with Mr Lee Hsien Yang at a hawker centre in West Coast on Sunday (Nov 4).
The duo were at the West Coast Market and Food Centre at Block 726 Clementi West, which is in Dr Tan's former Ayer Rajah constituency when he was an MP with the People's Action Party from 1980 to 2006.
When approached by The Straits Times, Mr Lee, the younger brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, said: "We were just here to have breakfast."

He and Dr Tan then left the hawker centre.
Posting on Facebook later that morning, Dr Tan said: "We wanted to catch up with each other as we have not met for quite a while."
He said he suggested going to the hawker centre instead of "some fancy restaurant", and that Mr Lee was all for it as he missed local hawker fare in the heartlands.

ADVERTISING

"We had porridge and coffee with yu tiao. It was a good breakfast, not only the food, but the sharing we had on world affairs and the current state of politics in Singapore," Dr Tan wrote.

He said many greeted them warmly, and some took photos with them.
"We were touched by their warmth and encouragement. I will be having more breakfasts and lunches with friends regularly in the heartlands," he added.
Dr Tan had contested in the 2011 Presidential Election, where he lost to former President Tony Tan Keng Yam by 7,382 votes.
In July, he was invited by opposition parties here to lead a proposed opposition coalition.
Dr Tan subsequently said that at the age of 78, he has just a "small window of opportunity" to effect change in Singapore politics.
He also said he thought he must help but had not decided in what capacity.
Mr Lee Hsien Yang, who was formerly chief executive of Singtel, stepped down as chairman of the Civil and Aviation Authority of Singapore at the end of June this year.
In April, he and his sister Wei Ling had taken issue with a report by a ministerial committeelooking into future options for founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew's home at 38, Oxley Road.
The siblings said it did not accurately represent their late father's wishes.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dream on oppositions. This PAP government is thinking of how to fix you everyday and used all ways and means to do that. Do you think you have a chance? Long Live PAP, Huat Ahhhhhh

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
are they targeting West Coast GRC ?
TCB will have to contest West Coast as that is where his base is....but West Coast is very pro pap,,so hard both ways lah,,I mean if West Coast ppl can tolerate the likes of Lim Hump Kiang for decades,,,they can tolerate a good deal more of pap incompetence

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB will have to contest West Coast as that is where his base is....but West Coast is very pro pap,,so hard both ways lah,,I mean if West Coast ppl can tolerate the likes of Lim Hump Kiang for decades,,,they can tolerate a good deal more of pap incompetence

Peoples Voice Party' s Lim Tean very quiet ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is obviously an unlawful assembly and all the participants should be arrested.

Unlawful Assembly & Rioting
In Singapore Law, unlawful assembly is governed by Chapter 8 of the Penal code. An unlawful assembly is defined as “an assembly of 5 or more persons”.

Section 141 – Unlawful Assembly
Under the criminal law of Singapore, an assembly of more than 5 persons who have the “common object” of engaging in any criminal conduct as listed under section 141 of the Penal Code, is considered an “unlawful assembly” and punishable under section 143 with imprisonment for up to 2 years, or fine, or both of these punishments.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If countries could eliminate poverty by mandating a minimum wage there would be no poor people in the world.

Businesses that are forced to pay a wage beyond what the market can support are simply not sustainable.