• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AFF Suzuki Cup

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is a thread about AFF.

is AFF is competition of national teams in SEA or comparision about SEA leagues?

is AFF relevant to korea and japan leagues.

your agrument is getting weaker. pls try harder. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes this thread is about AFF, but have U seen what I was replying to? Please read the quoted message I was replying to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I quoted

True. Now all the local "stars" Bhaihaki, Nor Alam, Mustafic, Agu, Wilkinson all go Indonesia somemore. What's left in the S-league are a lot of nobodies.

How I answered it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The main problem unfortunately is the lack of support.

The main cause is not the standard of the S-League but rather pple's perception of the S-league. The older generations at least those around late 20s and above who still remembers the old M-league days generally assume that M-league > S-league However in my previous post I have already shown otherwise

The newer generation of Football fans basically leave on a diet of readily available EPL/La Liga/Series A etc. So none of them will want to watch local/regional football. European Football is killing regional football, even the other domestic leagues like the M-league, AFC is complaining about the same thing

Lack of media support. This I feel is the most damning reason why the S-League is not working. There was even a period of time where none of the local media cept for ST bother to report about the S-league. You can't find it in TNP(which most locals get to read Football) until 1 or 2 years ago.

I think they first thing they need to do is go back to working on generating support and awareness. The local news media needs to play their part

My reply is out of point in regards to this thread however my reply to whatever I quoted wasn't out of point the same goes for my reply to your message. Either you are too dumb to understand the difference or just trying to be funny :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes this thread is about AFF, but have U seen what I was replying to? Please read the quoted message I was replying to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What I quoted

How I answered it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My reply is out of point in regards to this thread however my reply to whatever I quoted wasn't out of point the same goes for my reply to your message. Either you are too dumb to understand the difference or just trying to be funny :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow lau. lose agrument ressort to calling people dumb.

fuck you! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having media coverage is a double-edged sword....u have live telecast of S-league matches...people will say oh, no need to go down, watch TV can liao...

Have also jia-lat, no have also jia-lat. Usually TV coverage is good because of TV fees...like BPL teams who survive on that....but S-League, they probably have to beg Media-cock to telecast the matches...at least each of us subsidise with 110 annually.

We have no choice but to live with BPL telecast...not only in Singapore, football mad countries are also facing the same ...eg: Japan, Korea...but their leagues are still being supported.

There needs to be a rethink of the S-league...evident from the performance of our team...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow lau. lose agrument ressort to calling people dumb.

fuck you! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

I was assuming you're trying to be funny. Now it appears more like you are dumb. Let me show you why you're dumb

This is post that started the discussion

True. Now all the local "stars" Bhaihaki, Nor Alam, Mustafic, Agu, Wilkinson all go Indonesia somemore. What's left in the S-league are a lot of nobodies.

Note that we are only talking about the S-league and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AFF CUP

The main problem unfortunately is the lack of support.

The main cause is not the standard of the S-League but rather pple's perception of the S-league. The older generations at least those around late 20s and above who still remembers the old M-league days generally assume that M-league > S-league However in my previous post I have already shown otherwise

The newer generation of Football fans basically leave on a diet of readily available EPL/La Liga/Series A etc. So none of them will want to watch local/regional football. European Football is killing regional football, even the other domestic leagues like the M-league, AFC is complaining about the same thing

Lack of media support. This I feel is the most damning reason why the S-League is not working. There was even a period of time where none of the local media cept for ST bother to report about the S-league. You can't find it in TNP(which most locals get to read Football) until 1 or 2 years ago.

I think they first thing they need to do is go back to working on generating support and awareness. The local news media needs to play their part

Again note that I was talking about the S-league, which has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AFF CUP .

Your reply to my post that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AFF CUP

it can be safely concluded that s-league is (was) better than m-league even though :

1) m-league attendance much better
2) malaysia perform better than spore in THIS YEAR's AFF (some charlatan will dispute this with past glories. however he cannot go too much into the past until SEA games times. only selective past is allowed).

ok. s-league is the better one. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To which I pointed out that the post is about the S-league and has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AFF CUP

1)The attendance for the average Indonesian League > K-league matches. U mean to say Indon League > Korean league??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2)Comparing standard of the domestic league not the national squad :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The fact that you still continue on the subject of the AFF Cup while pointing to my post proves 1 of 2 things
1)You're an Idiot
2)You're trying to be funny
Since you don't understand why I called U dumb, it's obvious that you're the former rather then the latter.

My discussion with Tristan is out of point with regards to the context of this thread(AFF Cup). However what we were discussing have nothing to do with the AFF Cup which strangely, I would assume most pple with half a brain would be able to comprehend :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having media coverage is a double-edged sword....u have live telecast of S-league matches...people will say oh, no need to go down, watch TV can liao...

I was thinking more along the line of starting something like the Highlight show and show all the goals of the week first. the S-league only have something like 1 match a day. It's not that hard to have a small camera crew standing by to catch the goals.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest FIFA rankings:

Thailand 114
Indonesia 135
Singapore 138
Vietnam 139
Myanmar 144
Malaysia 150
Phillipines 151
Lao 171

The rankings tell the story. All countries in this region are still mired in the bottom 100, whatever domestic leagues they have or don't have.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time if U have nothing better to do and want to hurl petty insults at me for no good reason, just go ahead. Saves me the trouble of making a fool out of you in public :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW how is your FT wife? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time if U have nothing better to do and want to hurl petty insults at me for no good reason, just go ahead. Saves me the trouble of making a fool out of you in public :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW how is your FT wife? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cheebye charlatan,

you are the one who is looking like a fool. lose agrument liao say so. no need quote so much crap. dun make it so easy for me to trash u ok. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::oIo::oIo::oIo:
fuck you.

still finding it hard to justify why spore team pack bags liao huh. spare me the history and stats. fact is malaysia is still IN aff. we are not.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uruguay have top leagues like Brazil and Argentina to take in their players and also the national team to keep them on their toes to improve their general standards. We have Laos and Malaysia :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Top leagues take Uruguay players because they are good players. singapore have crap players. Bar khairul amri, i cant see anyone playing for at least the china league.

If you are good good teams will want you. End of.

Prime examples: Fandi, Sundram

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bring Back Malaysia Cup also will not get back those great days of yesterday. The Stadium will never be packed again.

Who want to watch Malaysia Cup D grade standard of football now when we can have A grade EPL in the comfort of our living rooms or coffeeshops and pubs.

Many things in life, 不能从头再来.
You are wrong. There is nothing like supprting your very own team.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sick and tired of hearing the same excuses. The fact is, we are not good enough. So why do I keep hearing those footballers saying that they have "tried their best' when it's obvious that there was no best to speak of?? :mad::mad:

Speaking of which, one of the donkey footballer made this statement in a papers interview.

"I've tried my best, but it's not my best." :eek::eek:

What kind of statement is this?

Local footballers, stop wasting our time and acting all prima donna when you are not even in the league.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's hard to play best when you have no support. If the FAS is serious, then they should start to spot talent, give them the exposure by bringing them to Europe, train there, give them the support to be a player of at least decent level. Even bringing them to the Jleague or Kleague is making an improvement to the current hopeless situation we have. Let's face it, playing in the Sleague is not going to make any footballer a good player. For the next 20-30 years we will still only be ASEAN level.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's hard to spot talent when practically nobody's playing the game.

If you've seen school fields and public fields in the 70s and 80s, compare them to the 90s and 2000s, you'd know what I mean.

It's hard to play best when you have no support. If the FAS is serious, then they should start to spot talent, give them the exposure by bringing them to Europe, train there, give them the support to be a player of at least decent level.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if there are 10 kids playing, there will always be one who is better than the rest. Build his talent.