• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS former principal conducted himself "in an inappropriate" manner"

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what did he do, this type of lancheow report

how come channel news asia cannot follow up

this saga went on for so long already, half baked reports

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1094898/1/.html

SINGAPORE: The Anglo-Chinese Schools Board of Governors says its investigations have determined that Dr Ong Teck Chin, a former principal of ACS(Independent), has conducted himself "in an inappropriate" manner".

It said investigations and deliberations were conducted following a complaint against Dr Ong but did not specify what the complaint was.

The board added that Dr Ong's conduct has "fallen short of the standards expected of a principal".

In a statement, the Board said Dr Ong regrets his actions and has apologised.

His last day at ACS(I) will be November 30.

Dr Ong, who had been principal since 1994, has been praised for taking the school to new heights in the academic and sporting fields.

However, he made a sudden exit early October this year and was replaced by acting principal Fanny Tan.

- CNA/fa

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
This report better, some implication of what happened

Now we have some idea

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_606106.html

AN INVESTIGATING panel has found that the former principal of Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Dr Ong Teck Chin, had behaved inappropriately towards a male teacher.

'Dr Ong Teck Chin has conducted himself in an inappropriate manner and his conduct has fallen short of the standards expected of a principal,' said a joint statement by the ACS Board of Governors and the ACS(I) Board of Management on Monday.

It added that 'Dr Ong deeply regrets his actions and has apologised'.

Mr Mark Richie Tan, a biology teacher in his 30s, had tendered his resignation early last month and complained to the boards that Dr Ong had behaved inappropriately towards him. At the same time, Dr Ong, 61, resigned abruptly, citing health problems.

In the last six weeks, the two boards had carried out 'investigations and deliberations', interviewing former and current teachers who had worked closely with Dr Ong.

Mr Tan has since retracted his resignation and is back teaching biology at the school. The last day for Dr Ong - who took over as principal in 1994- will be Nov 30 even though Dr Ong had told students earlier that he will be serving a six-month notice.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There're two possibilities. He may be Clinton666's principal or he may be Clinton666 himself.

R

redlightmeansgo

ACS not Catholic at all. For a moment, he thought he could make believe and pass himself off as an errant priest. Maybe they shd put him and Jon Wong in the same cell

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...let me hazard a guess...one is a bio teacher...and the other have some bio questions that need answering.

One ask the bio teacher - and despite explanations - could not understand - ask for "more detailed and thorough explanation" and even offer to take "additional" tutorials with perhaps some practical experimentations.

So asking a bio teacher bio questions is deemed not behaving properly...?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is still what i believe! too straight a person and inflicted with stresses of life will end up headwire short circuit and resort to this kind of obscene behaviour.:rolleyes:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever he had committed I think he has paid a huge price. I cannot imagine the shame and the pain he has caused to his family, relatives and friends. We should not make fun nor humiliate him further. Imagine what life will be like for those close to him. He had been punished enough already.

B

BCR101

>

Did the prinicipal get a scholarship to study in York when he was younger too?

He is a Rhodes Scholar ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

>

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Scholar, an Officer, and a Gentleman

When a parent once asked Dr Ong the difference between independent schools and ordinary ones, he told her former are allowed to charge fees independently of Ministry of Education guidelines, i.e. if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

PAP MP Denise Phua said on national TV, "I think Mrs Lee is a personification of what I thought was not possible in women - to have it all." Some would say Dr Ong Teck Chin, principal of Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) for 16 years, would be the male equivalent. Honours degree in Chemistry from NUS, doctorate from Oxford University, chairman of the Publications Advisory Committee under the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts, an elder at Bethesda Church in Frankel estate - what do you give a guy who has everything? Gasp, surely not a boy toy?

Mr Richard Seow, chairman of the ACS Board of Governors, who announced the appointment of Mrs Fanny Tan, deputy principal of ACS(I) as acting principal of ACS(I) on Tuesday, also said the Board is currently looking into a complaint that has been directed at Dr Ong.

Apparently a biology teacher in his 30s contacted The Straits Times last Thursday and alleged the principal had "behaved inappropriately" towards him. His claims are purportedly backed by e-mail, text messages and recordings. Dr Ong had reduced his teaching duties and created a new position as his de facto personal aide, jetting off together on overseas trips to recruit foreign scholars. Yes, the foreigners competing with your ward for a place in the school are proactively sought and groomed by the principal. With the blessings of MOE. Paid out of your income taxes.

Ong, who handed in his letter of resignation abruptly on Saturday, 4 weeks before the end of the school year, in the midst of the students' final-year examinations, told the press, "I have been wanting to step down for a while. Do you know I had a bypass? Two years ago. I have done a lot for ACS and I want to move on." Well, if you have to go, you have to go. Not everyone subscribes to the work till you die credo.

The school grapevine has it that teachers were caught unawares with the developments - which had percolated through the sprawling Dover Road campus (School's Vision Statement: A Scholar, an Officer, and a Gentleman) - and they were unclear about the reasons behind Mr Ong's sudden exit. All they knew was that Dr Ong bowed out after the school's board of governors concluded a meeting on Saturday morning.

A parent whose son is in Secondary 1 said: "He is an educator, and this is a boys' school. If there is inappropriate behaviour, clearly this cannot be accepted. I would definitely want the boards to investigate and for the findings to be made public." The investigation is still on, but good luck about the "findings to be made public" part.
Posted by Tattler at 6:52 PM Reactions:

>

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what do they mean by "in an inappropriate"?

Me wondering why the press continue to give half-baked reports? Exactly wtf is "inappropriate"? Are we still living in the stone age that we cannot spell it out for the readers what is the so-called inappropriate conduct? If it's sodomy it's sodomy lah! Even our mudland neighbours can do better. They call Anwar a homosexual, sodomiser, etc. without any qualms.:biggrin::rolleyes:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whatever he had committed I think he has paid a huge price. I cannot imagine the shame and the pain he has caused to his family, relatives and friends. We should not make fun nor humiliate him further. Imagine what life will be like for those close to him. He had been punished enough already.

hi there

1. the other prick likewise is no goody 2-shoes man!
2. after enjoying all the privileges and advantages, turn around and bite.
3. it takes 2 hands to clap too.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In most societies, the elites will cover up for the elites until and unless there is no way to do so - for example, MSK's escape. They do not feel there is a need to disclose everything to everybody coz you are not in their category.

Echo_O

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just some background on the bio teacher.
During his BMT days he was public enemy #1 in his platoon.
His section mates were planning to beat him up on the last night on Pulau Tekong and he escaped from the bunk and went to sleep near the cook house. BOS and DO found him and his section mates were charged.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
that explains eveything now. No wonder ACS boys are such aquas. They have been molested by the principal since young. And they like it.