• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Workers Party Cabinet Line-up

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the huge unpopularity of LHL and the PAP and with many unpopular PAP stalwarts leaving at the next GE, it is not unthinkable that the Workers Party may be asked to form the next SG govt.

If so, my guess of the line-up will be:

1. PM - LTK
2. DPM- SL
3. Finance - CSM
4. Education - YJJ
5. Foreign Affairs - PS
6. Health - Muhd Faisal
7. Manpower - GG
8. Defence -
9. Home Affairs - LLL
etc

Let's encourage them and pledge our support to help make a WP Cabinet better than the PAP's

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think WP was being perfectly honest when they said they are not ready to form government. Its also part and parcel of managing voters' expectations and not frightening people into thinking that change will be very rapid. Many Singaporeans are still fearful of change, much less rapid change.

There is actually no need for a shadow cabinet. when the PAP took power in 1959 they did not bother with shadow cabinets before that. they just took power.

The job of WP now is to make further inroads into Parliament and see how the PAP scrambles for cover when they start losing more and more ministers. Outcome can only be good for Singapore. If current policies are not sustainable, the sooner we force PAP to change, the better it is.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think WP was being perfectly honest when they said they are not ready to form government. Its also part and parcel of managing voters' expectations and not frightening people into thinking that change will be very rapid. Many Singaporeans are still fearful of change, much less rapid change.

There is actually no need for a shadow cabinet. when the PAP took power in 1959 they did not bother with shadow cabinets before that. they just took power.

The job of WP now is to make further inroads into Parliament and see how the PAP scrambles for cover when they start losing more and more ministers. Outcome can only be good for Singapore. If current policies are not sustainable, the sooner we force PAP to change, the better it is.

Yes, I agree with you. and I agree with the WP too...but it is ideal if we are given the job when we are ready. See my recent post under "Crumbling of Singapore?" thread.

My hope is that although the WP may not want to form the next Govt, the ground is very against the PAP and there is a remote possibility that WP may win the most seats. Any credible political party must hope to be the govt one day and I hope that LTK and SL are prepared to form the next govt if Singaporeans want them to

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think when the pap had to form the govt, LKY, TCC, etc were not that ready and willing too

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I volunteer for the Defense Ministar positions!

I love to play with GUNS! Hehe...

Now where do i sign up?

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the huge unpopularity of LHL and the PAP and with many unpopular PAP stalwarts leaving at the next GE, it is not unthinkable that the Workers Party may be asked to form the next SG govt.

1. PM - LTK
2. DPM- SL
3. Finance - CSM
4. Education - YJJ
5. Foreign Affairs - PS
6. Health - Muhd Faisal
7. Manpower - GG
8. Defence -
9. Home Affairs - LLL
etc

Let's encourage them and pledge our support to help make a WP Cabinet better than the PAP's

Pritam can double up Defence and FA.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its too early to see who in WP would fit in where regarding possible minister position.

unless PAP splits or falls tomorrow morning, the best way for WP to move forward is to continue with community outreach programs and not to allow too many Indian cheifs to rise up.

This is the best and only way to get more support and votes.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. PM - LTK
2. DPM- SL
3. Finance - CSM
4. Education - YJJ
5. Foreign Affairs - PS
6. Health - Muhd Faisal
7. Manpower - GG
8. Defence -
9. Home Affairs - LLL
etc

The Defence portfolio would have been reserved for GMS if he had maintained his patience. How about those new chaps? Daniel Goh, Terrence Tan, Denis Tan, Refzwan? Some lawyers here - how about the Law portfolio? There were rumours of a power woman. Who could that be? I have in mind a lady who could fit one of the roles. Heard of Prof Linda Lim? Muhd Faisal should look after Islamic matters, culture or social welfare type of portfolio and leave the health portfolio to a Doctor is he gets in. There are other important portfolios like transport, national development.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think CSM makes a good Foreign Minister with his connections with captains of industries and possibly heads of state in his previous jobs. Pritam can be Law Minister and someone like Linda Lim if they can pull her in as Finance.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think CSM makes a good Foreign Minister with his connections with captains of industries and possibly heads of state in his previous jobs.

second this call and like to add that Finance Ministry seems better headed by YJJ.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prefer our ministers to be expert in their fields.
In many countries, ministers do not need to be selected MP.
The able and efficient ministers should be handpicked by winning party, then approved by parliament.

1. PM - LTK
2. DPM- SL
3. Finance - CSM
4. Education - YJJ
5. Foreign Affairs - PS
6. Health - Muhd Faisal
7. Manpower - GG
8. Defence -
9. Home Affairs - LLL
etc

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think CSM makes a good Foreign Minister with his connections with captains of industries and possibly heads of state in his previous jobs. Pritam can be Law Minister and someone like Linda Lim if they can pull her in as Finance.

Pritam is more engaged with FA

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, I agree with you. and I agree with the WP too...but it is ideal if we are given the job when we are ready. See my recent post under "Crumbling of Singapore?" thread.

My hope is that although the WP may not want to form the next Govt, the ground is very against the PAP and there is a remote possibility that WP may win the most seats. Any credible political party must hope to be the govt one day and I hope that LTK and SL are prepared to form the next govt if Singaporeans want them to

WP won't contest over 40% of the seats, so it it is unlikely to be able to break the PAP's 2/3 majority alone. What every party needs to do is find the right candidates and continually build up ground rapport. It will take at least several more years before an alternative government can take shape.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP won't contest over 40% of the seats, so it it is unlikely to be able to break the PAP's 2/3 majority alone. What every party needs to do is find the right candidates and continually build up ground rapport. It will take at least several more years before an alternative government can take shape.

Aye but patience isn't a virtue all the time