• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Needed to visit my therapist this afternoon completely drained after my recent back to back trips to Indonesia, Japan, China, Singapore

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast now

IMG_20180427_085537.jpg

IMG_20180427_085556.jpg

Only 50 baht

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just in yesterday! For our friends in BKK, Speed limit on normal motorway in BKK is 80 km/hr and not 110 km/hr. The 110km/hr is on special motorway outside BKK only.

Traffic mata huat arh!!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the other big news beside the ItalThai boss/black panther case.

Very scary accident in Khon Kaen where lady was beheaded by dangling telephone cable while riding on her motorsai. RIP.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at some local water park at Phusawan yesterday. Only bright spot for me was lunch, cheap with below + big fried rice + 2 big Singhas -all for thb740

Next to small clean river. I have a soft spot for a good sala (Thai style pavilion for relaxation etc), but this was bottom end
IMG_1154.PNG
IMG_1155.PNG
IMG_1156.PNG
IMG_1157.PNG
IMG_1158.PNG
IMG_1159.PNG

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, which hotel pretenders mata going to raid next ?

Raids run by Bang Lamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and Pattaya police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch resulted in the arrests of four foreigners and three Thais running illegal hotels.

A total of ten properties were raided yesterday in a joint operation with the military and immigration police.

77Jowo said that it was connected to the raid on the Tulip Hotel last week when a sex orgy made the news at another hotel being run illegally.

Police made seven arrests with a French man, a Dutch national and an Indian among those taken away.

The premises said to be operating illegally and the person arrested at each are as follows. At each arrest evidence in the form of bills, receipts and money was taken in.

1. Central Pattaya Residence on Sai 2. Mr Rajan Malhotra, 55, Indian, arrested.

2. E-Outfitting Boutique Hotel on Sai 2. Xue Dong, 31 arrested.

3. Boutique City Hotel. Chaiyan Mongkhonkulasat, 62, from Nonthaburi arrested.

4. Le Viman Resort. Patrice Guerry, 53, from France arrested.

5. Cocco Resort in South Pattaya. Sander Wolterring, 42, from Holland arrested.

6. Jomtien Thani Hotel on Jomtien Beach. Ms Sujinan Prangsurang, 49, arrested.

7. Atlantis Condo ( Building B )in Jomtien. Ms Daengkhamkhun, 47, arrested.

The arrest at number seven was the result of a sting with an officer posing as a client.

All those arrested were taken to Pattaya police station and charged with operating illegal hotels.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, which hotel pretenders mata going to raid next ?

Raids run by Bang Lamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and Pattaya police chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch resulted in the arrests of four foreigners and three Thais running illegal hotels.

A total of ten properties were raided yesterday in a joint operation with the military and immigration police.

77Jowo said that it was connected to the raid on the Tulip Hotel last week when a sex orgy made the news at another hotel being run illegally.

Police made seven arrests with a French man, a Dutch national and an Indian among those taken away.

The premises said to be operating illegally and the person arrested at each are as follows. At each arrest evidence in the form of bills, receipts and money was taken in.

1. Central Pattaya Residence on Sai 2. Mr Rajan Malhotra, 55, Indian, arrested.

2. E-Outfitting Boutique Hotel on Sai 2. Xue Dong, 31 arrested.

3. Boutique City Hotel. Chaiyan Mongkhonkulasat, 62, from Nonthaburi arrested.

5. Cocco Resort in South Pattaya. Sander Wolterring, 42, from Holland arrested.

6. Jomtien Thani Hotel on Jomtien Beach. Ms Sujinan Prangsurang, 49, arrested.

7. Atlantis Condo ( Building B )in Jomtien. Ms Daengkhamkhun, 47, arrested.

The arrest at number seven was the result of a sting with an officer posing as a client.

All those arrested were taken to Pattaya police station and charged with operating illegal hotels.
Not paiseh to admit, I only heard of no. 6 and no. 7.

No. 7 is a rather new condo quite near my place. Quite common for condos to rent out units for short stays tourists.

No. 8 is quite strange as this is a well known established hotel in Jomtien. In fact, it is one of the first few hotels in Jomtien. Owner definitely not a “Ms.”. Should be a “Mr.” and 100% siam kia cos I saw him at a seafood restaurant 2 days ago. (Friend know the boss, not me).

Most newer hotels operate while waiting for official approval and this has been a common practice. If they really want to arrest “illegal hotel operators”, 10 mata house also not enough.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not paiseh to admit, I only heard of no. 6 and no. 7.

No. 7 is a rather new condo quite near my place. Quite common for condos to rent out units for short stays tourists.

No. 8 is quite strange as this is a well known established hotel in Jomtien. In fact, it is one of the first few hotels in Jomtien. Owner definitely not a “Ms.”. Should be a “Mr.” and 100% siam kia cos I saw him at a seafood restaurant 2 days ago. (Friend know the boss, not me).

Most newer hotels operate while waiting for official approval and this has been a common practice. If they really want to arrest “illegal hotel operators”, 10 mata house also not enough.
Where got No. 8 in my post ?

BTW, I want to whistle blow on a few establishments pretending to be hotel. Pattaya mata got hotline or rewards or not?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where got No. 8 in my post ?

BTW, I want to whistle blow on a few establishments pretending to be hotel. Pattaya mata got hotline or rewards or not?
Paiseh, 7 and 8 should be 6 and 7 respectively.

Only have one mata hotline which is 191. Tourist mata I think its 1155 or 1551.
Dont think the mata is even interested in these hotel cases unless there is a complaint or if its related to a serious crime. Not their forte and more importantly, no motivation or incentive for going after such cases.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's everywhere in Bangkok but you don't need cone so far pattaya already so many I heard.
I don't live in Pattaya hor. :confused:

And even when I'm in Pattaya, I only go to Central Festival and Outlet Mall. Sometimes Walking Street.:(

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw, I heard Pattaya today got big storm. Where is my next installment of flood pics ?

Give me at least waist level one hor :biggrin::cool::p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't live in Pattaya hor. :confused:

And even when I'm in Pattaya, I only go to Central Festival and Outlet Mall. Sometimes Walking Street.:(

I thought you live there cos you post so much about Pattaya

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I love this place, I've stayed there many times and posted here. Poor Patrice he's just a manager there employed by the real owner who lives in France and comes only once a year. Patrice is a very nice guy soft spoken, reliable and responsible person I really hope he don't get into trouble with the law as he's got a Thai family to take care of.

I would never have known this resort is illegal. A really beautiful place with 2 nice pools and a home like atmosphere .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Supper with my maid last night, similar to our teochew porridge.

1nQlX09.jpg

Yam sam krop - basically thai salad yam with 3 cripsy, crispy cuttlefish, crispy pork skin, crispy pork and nuts
Qa3CF9s.jpg

Pan fried mackerel
d3VfwNw.jpg

Vege with prawns
QmwKGhZ.jpg

Minced pork stir fry with black chinese olives
liU0T5g.jpg

Chaipor egg - yes its funny this Thai version has lots of chaipor
WDbX7Er.jpg