• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just finished my omelete breakfast at Terminal 3 Jakarta Airport.

Catching the earliest flight back to Bangkok for a noon meeting, AirAsia is the only choice. Then home for dinner and tomorrow a TG flight back to Jakarta to continue with work here. Sianz.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Catching the earliest flight back to Bangkok for a noon meeting, AirAsia is the only choice. Then home for dinner and tomorrow a TG flight back to Jakarta to continue with work here. Sianz.

cannot video conference???

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Brother,

Your schedule appears to be very tight, flying back to BKK for a noon meeting, dinner at home, then return flight to Jakarta.
Take care.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
My plan is to apply for education visa to study Thai language and culture with my partner in Chiangmai U for the next 2 years. When I hit 50 then I will proceed to apply for retirement visa. If I really love the place and pretty sure that I want to stay forever then I proceed to give up my citizenship and become roi percent khun thai. Okea mai krap.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet another slice of thai mango today. Size does matter? :p

The ministry last week unveiled a plan to purchase large-sized condoms of 54mm under its free-condom scheme to cater for the growing needs of Thai men under the age of 30_many of whom are over 170cm tall and exceed 70kg in weight and who found the 49mm and 52mm condom sizes too small.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/361216/critics-demand-more-condoms

Last edited:

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the income that I am betting on is my rental income from my 4 room HDB flat which I hope to get about 2.5 to 2.8k SGD monthly to survive.
After ta

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you can join a tour agency to visit Tachilak and Laos, they will handle the immigration matter. The last time I visited Tachilak (Burma) and Laos in one day. They have some arrangement with the custom. You cross the border. But somehow they don't stamp the passport. It is all handled by the tour guide.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back to planet earth in under 2hrs. Sanambin (airport) in CNX is a leisurely place, for international departures. Even for any VAT refund, they don't even look at your stash.

Had a lovely lunch at this nice Angdoi Resort at Pongyang (Mae Rim). Lovely resort allegedly owned by a celeb Noon Waranoot. And only 45mins from CNX, away from civilization and yet accessible

Www.pongyangangdoi.com

Scenic views across waterfall, green foliage.

1F7E4A47-3343-4D6A-886E-33AE5A2BE3AF-393-0000004D0D8BD719_zps54c3d64f.jpg

21BC4887-F962-4B08-985D-63C9212DE9E5-393-0000004D1CA9F71F_zpsb57ec012.jpg

B2D397CA-7A40-46DD-9909-031ACE78DE3E-393-0000004D2A9F5C4B_zps39756118.jpg

D64AC59A-D895-4D94-9BC5-90026DBFB07C-393-0000004D253657CF_zps13d0e166.jpg

The sausages is very good. I tried it during my last trip to Chiangmai. It is a Chiangmai dish.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am counting down to Sep 2014 for my study in Chiangmai U. Wish me good luck my senior brothers or Pi here firmly established in Thailand.
I am just a dek or nong when it comes to settling down in Thailand. But I will definitely come back to Sinkieland to vote in GE2016.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried Chiangmai laksa? Honestly I still prefer local laksa. I also tried roadside kai yang/barbecued chicken. It beats Stinkie Chongpang BBQ chicken anytime.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the income that I am betting on is my rental income from my 4 room HDB flat which I hope to get about 2.5 to 2.8k SGD monthly to survive.
After ta
that is about 70-80K a month. house, car, motorcycle and party 2-3 times a week confirm no problem.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
cannot video conference???

Oh no can do. Need me to sign some papers too, this one really no choice la.

Brother,

Your schedule appears to be very tight, flying back to BKK for a noon meeting, dinner at home, then return flight to Jakarta.
Take care.

Thanks bro, hope I got nothing to report about indians in airport tomorow, kekekekeke

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean khao soi?
Sir Chon, that one stirred my stomach (not my loins +555:p). Is that pic kao soi prawn (or looks like chicken strips)? Usually whole chicken leg or beef or pork

In CNX, you got this Jiang Healthy Fishball franchise. Kopitiam style with separate ac room.

76A901B6-67DA-4714-BB77-3DE7C4EA1D98-403-0000004AE822D132_zps52f9cce6.jpg

4E4DE197-E7A2-4919-B945-29B9ACC6CCBA-403-0000004AF27B300D_zpsfd1f59e8.jpg

Even good ol wantan

60A83949-F1D8-4F47-BD14-6532DA6BFF6C-403-0000004AF757AFCC_zps02076c28.jpg

Last edited:

iamfree

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used to have a life just like yours. I remember on one occasion I had breakfast meeting, then lunch meeting and dinner meeting in 3 different countries (all on the same day!).

Now it all seem like a long time ago!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I used to have a life just like yours. I remember on one occasion I had breakfast meeting, then lunch meeting and dinner meeting in 3 different countries (all on the same day!).

Now it all seem like a long time ago!

Yes this I believe. I'm actually ok with this cos I'm doing it for myself so no complaints la.