• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

keiizumi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pad thai brekkie, with my kao soi replay.

B4ACF164-F72F-4A1B-A1D2-8B79567D5FA1-866-0000013DCDF73A79_zpsf1bdd204.jpg

Bro YY,

What is the dish for the last photo?
look like mee rubus to me.... lolz

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
keiizumi;1532523[QUOTE said:
What is the dish for the last photo? look like mee rubus to me.... lolz
Kao soi, northern style curry noodles ..either with chicken, beef or pork. Eat with some kiam chye, onions on the side. Must try, mee rebus no fight ...starchy

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, guess how much does it cost to replace s3 screen? 6.5k! brand new s3 is only 12.5k. but i still replace it cos lazy too set up a new phone. originally went to tuk com to get a notebook for no.2 to learn use software. but i know sure end up as gaming or play facebook. use the opportunity to replace s3 screen.

ok, for those in los and really miss laksa, u can get prima deli premix laksa paste at some big c outlet. cockles and fish cake and bean sprout no problem.laksa leave is known as pak praew here. not so common here but a lot in issan and rayong. got some pak praew in rayong but none survive cos' i did not transfer them to pots fast enough. the weather also too hot. rough bee hoon can be substitute with kanon jeen or sen mee khao (normal bee hoon).

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok, for those in los and really miss laksa, u can get prima deli premix laksa paste at some big c outlet. cockles and fish cake and bean sprout no problem.laksa leave is known as pak praew here. not so common here but a lot in issan and rayong. got some pak praew in rayong but none survive cos' i did not transfer them to pots fast enough. the weather also too hot. rough bee hoon can be substitute with kanon jeen or sen mee khao (normal bee hoon).

Thanks, I din know can get the prima premix in LOS....been sending that over to the gf for her laksa craving....now will tell her to get herself.....not really much of a choice when it comes to laksa premix even in sinkieland....some of the instant premix involves alot of steps so not really instant.
The gf fall in love with the dish and turned into a laksa connoisseur after I intro her to the dish (sungei road one)...now touchdown SG first thing and flight home will have to eat laksa.....when I was going over to Los then have to freeze and vacuum pack at least 2 days supply of laksa to bring over for her.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks, I din know can get the prima premix in LOS....been sending that over to the gf for her laksa craving....now will tell her to get herself.....not really much of a choice when it comes to laksa premix even in sinkieland....some of the instant premix involves alot of steps so not really instant.
The gf fall in love with the dish and turned into a laksa connoisseur after I intro her to the dish (sungei road one)...now touchdown SG first thing and flight home will have to eat laksa.....when I was going over to Los then have to freeze and vacuum pack at least 2 days supply of laksa to bring over for her.

Knn Pii Chon did not say his Prima laksa was hand carried and delivered in a TG plane then in a Lexus from Bangkok to Jomtien.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn Pii Chon did not say his Prima laksa was hand carried and delivered in a TG plane then in a Lexus from Bangkok to Jomtien.

Wow, he did say big C mah, no meh?.....guess he can terminate that personal delivery service liao....pertaining to laksa only hehe.

Talking about big C....back then heard they want to venture to singapore....if materialize would be great....give CUNT and sheng siong a run for their money.

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kaao soi and kanoom jeen my 2 fav thai dishes. Light and not so artery clogging (I hope!). Tried making kanoom jeen at my cafe in Spore once and sold it as Thai laksa. Not bad response but unfortunately had to close cafe.

My GF also loves the Sungei Road laksa also same "die die" must eat before go back whenever she is in Sinkiepor. Did u know it was voted in Time or Newsweek magazine as one of the world's 100 must eat foods in 2012?

Bro Chon, I thinking either open laksa or prawn noodles in Patts or Bangkok. Can advice? 555+

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. thanks bro for that one. finished lomg time ago liaoz. ok for the one at big c, a litle different. same prima brand but no noodle, just the premix powder and gravy mix.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kaao soi and kanoom jeen my 2 fav thai dishes. Light and not so artery clogging (I hope!). Tried making kanoom jeen at my cafe in Spore once and sold it as Thai laksa. Not bad response but unfortunately had to close cafe.

My GF also loves the Sungei Road laksa also same "die die" must eat before go back whenever she is in Sinkiepor. Did u know it was voted in Time or Newsweek magazine as one of the world's 100 must eat foods in 2012?

Bro Chon, I thinking either open laksa or prawn noodles in Patts or Bangkok. Can advice? 555+
ok heres my 2 baht. both are my favorite food and so i try to be as unbias as possible.

if u guys observe carefully, what are the 2 most important ingredients the locals must have?

sugar and fish sauce. beside spicy, locals love sweeeeeeet.

so must factor in this 2 important ingredients if want to sell to the locals.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro if i may butt in.....your gf from where? i find the issan thais love sungei road laksa......katong ones dun cut it for them.....after long time observing and personal experience......below are some of our local food that most thais love.

Laksa
Claypot spicy frog porridge
Teochew Bak Ku Teh
Chicken rice

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hehehe. thanks bro for that one. finished lomg time ago liaoz. ok for the one at big c, a litle different. same prima brand but no noodle, just the premix powder and gravy mix.

Crazy ah last time in Phuket don't have such thing

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii Chon, I'm happy now got laksa in LOS, hope its not too expensive. Anyway I think you'll like this song

Wish you all the best bro

[video=youtube;IOgjx4ZREns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOgjx4ZREns[/video]

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok heres my 2 baht. both are my favorite food and so i try to be as unbias as possible.

if u guys observe carefully, what are the 2 most important ingredients the locals must have?

sugar and fish sauce. beside spicy, locals love sweeeeeeet.

so must factor in this 2 important ingredients if want to sell to the locals.
555+ in that case just leave on the table the thai kway teow condiments of fish sauce, sugar, chilli powder & vinegar! They can add what they like to tweak it to their preference. Problem solved!

bro if i may butt in.....your gf from where? i find the issan thais love sungei road laksa......katong ones dun cut it for them.....after long time observing and personal experience......below are some of our local food that most thais love.

Laksa
Claypot spicy frog porridge
Teochew Bak Ku Teh
Chicken rice
Pii took dtong krub! She loves Sungei Rd laksa becoz I dunno which is the original Katong one... btw any knows if the Roxy laksa at Lagoon Hawker Centre still around? BKT from Ng Ah Sio at Owen Road or Outram BKT at Tanjong Pagar. Chicken rice from any decent stall will do. Recently intro her to frog porridge at Lavender Hawker Ctr recently and she gave it the thumbs up too!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pii took dtong krub! She loves Sungei Rd laksa becoz I dunno which is the original Katong one... btw any knows if the Roxy laksa at Lagoon Hawker Centre still around? BKT from Ng Ah Sio at Owen Road or Outram BKT at Tanjong Pagar. Chicken rice from any decent stall will do. Recently intro her to frog porridge at Lavender Hawker Ctr recently and she gave it the thumbs up too!

I've not eaten the Ng Ah Sio BKT before however since you mentioned I was at Chui Huay Lim Club (190 Keng Lee Road, Newton Circle, this is a huay kuan) for dinner in its Teochew restaurant also named Chui Huay Lim Teochew Cuisine (owned by Jumbo) I noticed a Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs Soup Eating House restaurant inside the building just next to the Teochew Restaurant. My friend told me this is the famous BKT that many overseas VIPs eat at its old place. Anyway I'm writing this to inform that they could have a branch in this huay kuan. This branch looks very high class I must say and outside banners showed they also serve things like meesiam, chicken rice etc etc all those Singapore hawker food it seem.

I did not have a photo of this Ng Ag Sio restaurant but I did took a photo of the Chui Huay Lim restaurant and I must say the Ng Ah Sio look as high class

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This trip home I think I crazy, all 3 mornings had the same breakfast, now at the same coffeeshop again

null-74.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wah lan eh. u purposely one izzit? this bee hoon i really donno how to replicate here. can only saliva drop.

Its funny la their beehoon have a tiny tinch of chow-ta smell and this made all the difference and when coated with the sauce it just feels nice in the mouth, yummy.