• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On another note, i noticed bros here have 4x4s in one way or another. Been researching on them and noticed the new generation of Ford Ranger XLT is amongst the best, some bros and mechanics even told me better than their Hilux and less prone to theft too. They told me not to look at the DMax, the Mazda one is not bad, mechanically similar to the Ford Ranger and the Nissan Navarra is not bad but a bit too cramped. I heard the XLT parts are done in Thailand but heard its not so common over there plus no one even want to bother to steal them. (big plus for me)

Any thoughts? :smile:
bro, do you have any specific needs? for eg. transportation, comfort, fuel efficiency. used to own a 3 hilux and 2.5 dmax hilander but for farming purpose. transport, equipment, workers and materials like fertilizers, etc.

navara have tried before and interior very impressive. there are both 2 door and 4.door version here. i go for 2 door version cos larger storage area and the rear and lower tax. 4 doors ones have lesser rear area but more comfortable for rear passengers.

xlt i not tried before. my advice is go for the one with mosy service centres and spares.

keiizumi

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks to all bros, especially bro wuqi.

i am going to be a father in 7 months time. called my mum this afternoon and she so happy that even volunteer to come here help 'do moon'. advise cannot eat this and drink that all the loh soh. but i never tell her is no.2 and not no. 1 cos' she only met no. 1.

no. 1 is also my main business partner here and i really donno what is going to happen if she knows about this. anyway, i cannot think too much at this moment. i am arranging for no.2 to return to the north and open a shop at month end cos her mother and sister can look after her. and if possible, complete her university education after delivery.

wuqi is right. i don't know how i manage my sanity but the partners who choose to be with me, i need to look after them. only thing is that it's difficult to be fair or equal. really tired of being fair.

anyway, i was depressed the whole day but not anymore. drink also will not solve problem. now just waiting to be a father. if possible, i like my child to stay with me. that's all i asked for. was guilty of treating no. 2 coldly few days ago as she verbally abused no. 3, who is innocent. now i understand why.

anyway, things might not be that gloomy. but i promised myself there will not be no.4. i admit i cannot handle at all. love is love but i cannot handle too much.

thanks for the concern and care, bros. i will recover. noe looking foward to take the pic of my child. :smile:

That's a great news. So happy for you! =)
Gong xi gong xi!!!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i am going to be a father in 7 months time. called my mum this afternoon and she so happy that even volunteer to come here help 'do moon'. advise cannot eat this and drink that all the loh soh. but i never tell her is no.2 and not no. 1 cos' she only met no. 1.

no. 1 is also my main business partner here and i really donno what is going to happen if she knows about this. anyway, i cannot think too much at this moment. i am arranging for no.2 to return to the north and open a shop at month end cos her mother and sister can look after her. and if possible, complete her university education after delivery.

wuqi is right. i don't know how i manage my sanity but the partners who choose to be with me, i need to look after them. only thing is that it's difficult to be fair or equal. really tired of being fair.

anyway, i was depressed the whole day but not anymore. drink also will not solve problem. now just waiting to be a father. if possible, i like my child to stay with me. that's all i asked for. was guilty of treating no. 2 coldly few days ago as she verbally abused no. 3, who is innocent. now i understand why.

anyway, things might not be that gloomy. but i promised myself there will not be no.4. i admit i cannot handle at all. love is love but i cannot handle too much.

thanks for the concern and care, bros. i will recover. noe looking foward to take the pic of my child. :smile:

congrats to you !!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

brother [chonburific],

1. Congratulations re: a child in seven months;

2. Good to read that you realized that drinking will not solve your challenges, and your depression;

3. It appears that "things" are looking to be brighter for you;

4. Your mother sounded happy, and willing to help (if I were you, consider accepting her offer to help, regardless of how much time she is able to spend with your "partner");

5. It appears that you are in a rational and logical thinking mode, as reflected by your consideration not to have a "number 4";

6. It appears that you have considered how you will spend time with your three female partners, whether or not you could allocate your time to be fair or equal to each of them;

7. May I suggest that you may wish to consider alternatives to ensure that your businesses continue to be financially successful to enable to you to support your lifestyle, as well as your three female partners (and children).

8. Take care. Ensure that you eat nutritiously balanced meals every day, and drink a few glasses of water.

May I leave you with the motto of the Outward Bound School (as a 17 year old boy, I attended and completed PU 70 at the Singapore OBS at Pulau Ubin): To Serve, to Strive but not to Yield.

Last edited:

Tamdeedaidee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on mini Chon on the way! Fatherhood adds another dimension into a relationship.

Drink only makes me sleep better coz next day wake up problem still not solved. Same same u... Realize drinking not the way but as Bro YY said come to 4 yeak must decide which way to take. Easier said than done but we have to make the best decision sooner or later coz cannot hold traffic up.

Choke dee krub!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Congratulations sir, if i could, i would have traded all the material things/titles/cars i have now for the 2 kids i have lost so that i will have 4 kids.
Yet i am grateful for the 2 that i have. There was a very depressing time in my life when i was facing huge stress at work, then had a low appraisal
despite meeting and beating all the numbers and working 3 days + nights in a row. Whenever i said i had skipped meals, some folks will say they
skipped too but do they all regularly have their breakfast at 4 or even 7pm by choice? I didn't want to argue as i feel too tired sometimes and i
kind of lost my spirit.

In the end, all it took was for my son to jump on my back and hugged me tight (i was so tired i was by then lying prone on the bed with the laptop, still working) His firm hug and hands stroking my hair and
saying "Daddy, you are so tired, i love you" followed by "Daddy, can i play the game console?" Hahaha kids will be kids but his single action was
better than any physical tonic. It was a tonic straight for the soul.

So sir, i am very very happy for you, this is a good outcome. I can understand why No. 2 did what she did to rebuke no. 3 as she was just being a mother who is protective and concerned about her child's future. Before you inform No. 1, do take precaution that she may be vindicative and take everything you have since you guys are business partners.

After all, it was your fault but take heart, all shall pass, no matter how violent the storm blows. Save what you can but deny nothing that is rightfully hers, if you must part, part on good terms. Worse come to worse, take custody of the child, stay with No. 1 and still take care of No. 3 and especially No. 2 on the side. If nothing else, she was and is the mother of your child.

In the worst case, no matter whether No. 1 or No. 3 leaves, you still have a complete family so don't take life too hard.

Like what a certain BHS always told me,
What goes up, must come down, what goes down may yet rebound.

I would open up a bottle..........of champagne because it is a new life coming into your life and you are at a pivotal point where everything is in your hands to make or break.

You are becoming a father!!! :smile: The one single moment where you feel magic is when your child is born, one moment there was only 2 (4 in your case) of us. Then suddenly it became 3 and things never became the same again.

I can definitely assure you, in 7 months time, it will be worth it. Come what may, i am confident that you can handle it and handle it well.
Best wishes and congratulations again!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro, do you have any specific needs? for eg. transportation, comfort, fuel efficiency. used to own a 3 hilux and 2.5 dmax hilander but for farming purpose. transport, equipment, workers and materials like fertilizers, etc.

navara have tried before and interior very impressive. there are both 2 door and 4.door version here. i go for 2 door version cos larger storage area and the rear and lower tax. 4 doors ones have lesser rear area but more comfortable for rear passengers.

xlt i not tried before. my advice is go for the one with mosy service centres and spares.

Thanks bro, you have serious equipment. First time owning a 4x4 for me but using it not for transporting anything (except some folks) but rather for a hobby that i am going into (all 100% legit, nothing like making a 4x4 into a technical, etc!! )

I wanted to buy a 7 seater Santa Fe or the Toyota vehicles (Landcruiser/Fortuner) but to go into the hilly terrain in MY, i might feel heart pain to see a mid range vehicle get into serious damage, etc.

I was considering Navara but friends and even both of my mechanics (good buddies who, despite being workshop guys, insisted i buy new cars especially 4x4). Spent a lot of their time and effort to convince me to get Ranger (can ford up to 80cm, good workhorse and no one steals) and then they didn't recommend anyone who can sell one. One good hearted guy even told me not to go for Hilux despite himself having one and trying to sell it off. Really honest chap.

In the end, wanted to get 2 together as we were told XLT (high spec) had a 6 month waiting period and we were told to go for the XL (manual, low spec) instead. I didn't mind the low spec one but the XLT has VGT, ABS/EBD on top of having a more powerful engine. Then again, probably the cargo area will never be used or to tow anything so still considering. Eventually i may need 3 but lets see how things goes.

Wife is already upset as we recently ran out of parking space so lets see.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks bro, you have serious equipment. First time owning a 4x4 for me but using it not for transporting anything (except some folks) but rather for a hobby that i am going into (all 100% legit, nothing like making a 4x4 into a technical, etc!! )

Just home in Bangkok from Taipei. Ranger will be a good choice. New model and absolutely handsome, orange colour will be great or the fire engine red is also nice. Mine's a red Isuzu V-Cross got it about 14 months ago. Great truck.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pii Chon, first order of business is congrats.......
Fatherhood is a whole new ballgame to be experienced....all the highs and lows....
As a road runner you should be more well equip and adaptable then the average sinkie.....believe you can handle the situation.
Relationships issues every single one is different......only you and those involved can sort them out.....outsiders very hard to offer any advice.....
Let me share this phrase with you....

life is not a problem to be solved it is an adventure to be lived

Stay Happy......

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chon, congrats and we are happy for you. As for your trio problem, I do not have any gems of wisdom. We all make our own bed(s), and life do control us in many ways. All the best with your cross roads.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

i am going to be a father in 7 months time. . . . . . . . . anyway, i was depressed the whole day but not anymore. drink also will not solve problem. now just waiting to be a father. if possible, i like my child to stay with me. that's all i asked for. . . . . . . . . . . .

Well buddy, I hope this new episode will bring you some seriousness in life and business especially as you cannot see-sua-lai anymore with this new responsibility and new role. All the best buddy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, thanks alot for the encouragement. last night, we had a good talk on what to do next. first time we talk like mature adults without quarelling. :p

will be sending our things back by lorry cos too much things including 2motorbikes.. then i will accompany her back at end of the month. there she will stay until delivery.

now, i am not ready to get out of here due to biz reasons and have yet to think of a solution. but now can only take one step at a time.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congrats. Some advise, make sure not to take up Spore citizens for the child:biggrin:

Do you know if it is a girl or boy:confused:

When the kid grows up, lee dynasty would have crumbled.
Our homeland would be rebuilt.
All overseas Singaporeans will come home to roost.
That is the future we all envision.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congrats. Some advise, make sure not to take up Spore citizens for the child:biggrin:

Do you know if it is a girl or boy:confused:

May I suggest to brother [chonburific] to consider to apply for SG citizenship for his child (by descent - one generation only), so that the child will be a dual citizen until the age of 21, and at that he or she can renounce either citizenship.

The reason is that we do not know what the changes will be for the next 20 years.

Accordingly, I believe that one should give that child more alternatives.

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawatdee krub Pi Chon,

Congratulations of you becoming a father soon na.
If everything run smooth smooth according to my plan, I should be in CM during the Loy Krathong period (mid Nov).
Hopefully you and some other bros will be there and we can gather for a nice dinner.....I am staying around Sansai area.
I can bring you things from Sinkieland if you need, no need paiseh hor. Swee boh? Hehehe....

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations sir, if i could, i would have traded all the material things/titles/cars i have now for the 2 kids i have lost so that i will have 4 kids.
Yet i am grateful for the 2 that i have. There was a very depressing time in my life when i was facing huge stress at work, then had a low appraisal
despite meeting and beating all the numbers and working 3 days + nights in a row. Whenever i said i had skipped meals, some folks will say they
skipped too but do they all regularly have their breakfast at 4 or even 7pm by choice? I didn't want to argue as i feel too tired sometimes and i
kind of lost my spirit.

In the end, all it took was for my son to jump on my back and hugged me tight (i was so tired i was by then lying prone on the bed with the laptop, still working) His firm hug and hands stroking my hair and
saying "Daddy, you are so tired, i love you" followed by "Daddy, can i play the game console?" Hahaha kids will be kids but his single action was
better than any physical tonic. It was a tonic straight for the soul.

So sir, i am very very happy for you, this is a good outcome. I can understand why No. 2 did what she did to rebuke no. 3 as she was just being a mother who is protective and concerned about her child's future. Before you inform No. 1, do take precaution that she may be vindicative and take everything you have since you guys are business partners.

After all, it was your fault but take heart, all shall pass, no matter how violent the storm blows. Save what you can but deny nothing that is rightfully hers, if you must part, part on good terms. Worse come to worse, take custody of the child, stay with No. 1 and still take care of No. 3 and especially No. 2 on the side. If nothing else, she was and is the mother of your child.

In the worst case, no matter whether No. 1 or No. 3 leaves, you still have a complete family so don't take life too hard.

Like what a certain BHS always told me,
What goes up, must come down, what goes down may yet rebound.

I would open up a bottle..........of champagne because it is a new life coming into your life and you are at a pivotal point where everything is in your hands to make or break.

You are becoming a father!!! :smile: The one single moment where you feel magic is when your child is born, one moment there was only 2 (4 in your case) of us. Then suddenly it became 3 and things never became the same again.

I can definitely assure you, in 7 months time, it will be worth it. Come what may, i am confident that you can handle it and handle it well.
Best wishes and congratulations again!

Sawatdee Krub Pi wuqi256,

Thanks for sharing your life experiences. I find it very inspiring and I have learn much from it.
Korp khun mak krub

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks guys. was back at my old apartment this morning. the one some of you guys visited. has since became no
2 home and warehouse.:eek: i can't believe that small little studio can store so many things! think will sell away most bulky items cos transportation to the north going to cost a bomb. still quarrel a bit lah cos' she everything want to keep but i everything want to sell or throw.not bad, if in the past, i sure walk out. now at least we talk nicely. :p

on the pregnancy, actually this is not the first time. my wife from previous marriage was expecting and 3 months into the pregnancy, she had a miscarriage. my life turned upside down and till now, i still very scare.

anyway, her mother will be coming here tomorrow to stay for 2 weeks. month end they will return together. i want her to return right away but she need to serve 2 week notice with her company. actually i willing to forgo the salary but she insist.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just home in Bangkok from Taipei. Ranger will be a good choice. New model and absolutely handsome, orange colour will be great or the fire engine red is also nice. Mine's a red Isuzu V-Cross got it about 14 months ago. Great truck.

wuqi, joetys vcross is a good one. had the honour of being a passenger in this dmax vcross and feels very comfortable. joetys, if i remember correctly, your dmax is auto transmission rite?

the dmax has a much better interior than vigo hilux. maybe nissan navara can fight. the dmax i used to own never gave me any problem (maybe its new). and good news for 4x4 fans, there are a lot of 4x4 accessories shops here. for a start, can get a bullbar or a canvas or fibreglass cover for the back. i got a pvc canvass cover for the back. turn out quite useful.

other modifications, i paiseh to say. running blue led lights at the rear when i brake. :p.

there is a big 4x4 online community in bangkok. i will check and post the website