• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Only E here no 3G, better than nothing, thanks to AIS

Welcome again, hope to catch up with you when you come again.

Blue? blue? Eh all this while I thought it was green. hahaha

Nice pics BTW. I go moo ban for a while also nice, but not for too long, as too ban nok also drives me nuts. Lucky nowadays got internet everywhere.
Those old days I go, machiam drop off the world - no internet, 1-2-call was only option (voice only) and reception spotty, no Central, no Seven, no electricity sometimes, use well water.
At night, listen to lizard sounds (that big one on tree that goes CHAK-cha-CHAK-cha).

Maybe in a couple of weeks I might do this when I swing by.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my regular belgium customer buy all the staff and myself 2 san mig each. head spin liaoz cos me want to zzz liaoz. and i know it wont end so fast. think at least another 2 rounds of 2 bottles each, maybe 3.

most of u know i like to drink but not like this. this afternoon i already entertain another 'chon gaew' vip. really mao liaoz.

forgot psot san mig light pic.

20130308_215217_LLS_zps4b692c93.jpg

Last edited:

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bro panzer,

It will be very expensive to visit during the Songkran Festival in April if you are booking now, but maybe you can consider to visit C.M during the Loy Krathong festival which falls on the 17 Nov 2013. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_Krathong
The celebration usually last a few days, but you may have to book your air ticket and hotel early na. I can assured you its a festival in Chiangmai that you don't want to miss ya.

I missed the festival last year due to work commitments, but this year I 'by-hook or by-crook' must be there for the festival hor.
Hehehe....let me know if you wanna' join me then ok na.

Hi bro ZenRyder

Thanks for the tip. No concrete plans yet. Will make a trip,down this year.

Realize in life cannot keep deferring things to tomorrow.. Must seize more of today :-)

Have a good weekend!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i
Realize in life cannot keep deferring things to tomorrow.. Must seize more of today :-)

hehehe bro panzer,

i really like your quote.:smile:

here's mine own ah beng quote. make a decision now, outcome either success or failure. if fail, try again.

if no make decision, no outcome. no outcome means status quo.

hehehe
thanks for reminding me its weekend liaoz. make no difference to me but nice to know its a saturday. at least everyone is looking forward to. :smile: and that makes me happy too.

ZenRyder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro ZenRyder

Thanks for the tip. No concrete plans yet. Will make a trip,down this year.

Have a good weekend!

Hello bro panzer,

Mai pen rai na, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time during your trip.
But do let me know if you need any information that may assists you in Chiangmai.
Hehehe...but if I happen to be in C.M during your visit then we can go and explore the place together lah.

Btw, I like your quote. Thanks for sharing bro.
Have a wonderful weekend na.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast now. See the spread on the floor

5A5E0183-3175-42CD-8AF5-3C879E54B9C3-3904-000000CBF1099140.jpg

Pla Serlit full of roe - this is cheap here 250 baht per kilo you get at least 20 fishes in Bangkok this is going for 25-45 baht each
3101BEAC-DB15-4DBF-BC03-75E60E8D19E5-3904-000000CC8EDDD402.jpg

Gaeng Pak Wan sai Khai Mod Daeng (red ants eggs vegetable soup)
F22F3966-3A43-474C-8D54-60EFFD2E4CD5-3904-000000CC26CBC978.jpg

Jinglit - cricket
963A6459-487D-4E2E-91D5-89D4B1EB0DD7-3904-000000CC31213A90.jpg

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Tai Chung where I bought my airfix and tamiya.
Further down there were a cluster of shops...can't remember the block....school books, tailor uniform, optician, barber all there. One stop shopping place to settle everything...think the place should be empty now as well.

Tamiya and Airfix. Days of innocence spending time assembling Corsair, Hurricane, Me109.....

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal

hehehe. saw your nick on this thread almost make me lost all my maoness. think some bros here also almost fall off from their chairs except joetys cos he shud be now sitting on grass mat enjoying a nice contryside dinner.

Pi Chon you Mao tuk wan. Ha. Envy you. Anyone here likes Spy cooler?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I will be in Chiangmai last week of March. Plan to visit Doi Intranon.

If you pray can go to Doi Suthep within Internon I think. Was there in December, not that I pray but can go look see look see. If you delay your trip another 2 weeks it'll be Songkrang more fun in Thailand.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I will be in Chiangmai last week of March. Plan to visit Doi Intranon.

One more thing, if you go to this thread from Dec/14 post was the start of my 5 days visit to the north, CHiangmai and Pai, you may find something helpful there.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you pray can go to Doi Suthep within Internon I think. Was there in December, not that I pray but can go look see look see. If you delay your trip another 2 weeks it'll be Songkrang more fun in Thailand.

Pi Joetys. I visited Doi Suthep in the last trip. Thank you for sharing. I wish you good health and wealth. Chok dee na krap.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for the bro who ask me about getting lime here. yes, it's available here but not popular.

got 2 lime plants for my shop front.

20130309_124536_zps4d0f0dff.jpg

cut it into halves, indeed very priow. but me like.

20130309_124745_zps97d2322b.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pi Chon you Mao tuk wan. Ha. Envy you. Anyone here likes Spy cooler?
hehehe. spy cooler not so popular now. most will go for bacardi breezer or smirnoff ice.

20130309_125431_zpsa23e6938.jpg

actually, last time i mao can go home and zzzz. now mao must close shop, dispose rubbish, check the cashier.

think last time better.

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal

hehehe. spy cooler not so popular now. most will go for bacardi breezer or smirnoff ice.

20130309_125431_zpsa23e6938.jpg

actually, last time i mao can go home and zzzz. now mao must close shop, dispose rubbish, check the cashier.

think last time better.

Mai roo thammai tae like Spy somehow. Must take care of your liver. Okae.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Khao Suan Kwang is the name of a town along Highway 2 between Khon Kaen and Udonthani (50km after Khon Kaen and 65km before Udon). Highway 2 is also known as AH12 or Asian Highway 12 but its mor commonly known as Mittraphap Road starting just outside Bangkok in Saraburi.

Ok coming back to Khao Suan Kwang it is most famous for its gai-yang, roast chicken. You can find Khao Suan Kwang Gai Yang sign everywhere in Thailand as shops like to copy and call it by this name. The entire town is selling gai-yang so while driving along the stretch of Highway 2 crossing Khao Suan Kwan town you see practically shop after shop selling this. Not everyone is good but the standard is there somewhat. However the best I must say is Toto Gai Yang. Why is this the best, well the marination and the way they maintain the juiciness of the chicken while the outside is a little crispy is what makes it perhaps the best.

We arrived at the restaurant parking along the frontal road of the highway 2

[video=youtube;8HUIlZywaTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HUIlZywaTA[/video]

This is our food, gai yang of course, we finished 4 chicken they are not big like kampong chickens (each costs 120 baht)
D5D044E6-7490-4E5A-984C-90236F72A56E-2074-000000608355CB97.jpg

The somtam is superb too, had 2 plates of tam-lao, 2 plates of tam-pu (crab) and one plate of tam-thai
E2948BB3-C676-41E1-B6F7-F86E170F397D-2074-000000604CFA174A.jpg

One plate of larb moo - its larb is just normal nothing special
790E2431-DC6D-4A8F-864F-E9F29F767F7A-2074-000000601FA23E49.jpg

And of course a bottle of Sing to want them down
4DDFB2DA-EEF5-479B-97F2-690341582422-1841-0000004BF9D52817.jpg