• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
got a friend in F&B, he told me gas is a killer in overhead after rental in sg. i don't know about Thailand though. some eateries even started using microwave oven to heat up or cook food to serve.

Yes, utility could be the second biggest part of the food business expenses. However depending on what gas, LPG or towngas, there is a very big difference in the cost all because of the BTU in LPG is much higher than towngas thus giving off more heat for the same volume (if recollection is not wrong towngas is 500BTU/cu ft while LPG is like 2,000 BTU/cu ft). I need to clarify that it does not require more time to heat something using towngas neither is it faster to heat something using LPG the reason is that the orifice of the burner would have been adjusted so that the same amount of heat is applied to heating so the difference is in the volume and this is directly proportionate to the cost.

Because I was in the LPG for a few years I've even done comparison for coffeeshops and the savings we're looking at could be as much as 50% at that time. Problem is people are "forced" to use towngas once its connected to your businesses as you may face approval problems from the "regulators", you guys getting my message? I've seen it so many times. Just when its too costly to run a towngas pipe to the place then people are free to choose LPG and save costs.

Also LPG is cleaner that towngas in that people will not die from inhaling LPG but will die from the toxic towngas. Of course one will die if LPG is intentionally released in a room and LPG is replacing oxygen so death is by suffocation not poisoned like towngas.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, utility could be the second biggest part of the food business expenses. However depending on what gas, LPG or towngas, there is a very big difference in the cost all because of the BTU in LPG is much higher than towngas thus giving off more heat for the same volume (if recollection is not wrong towngas is 500BTU/cu ft while LPG is like 2,000 BTU/cu ft). I need to clarify that it does not require more time to heat something using towngas neither is it faster to heat something using LPG the reason is that the orifice of the burner would have been adjusted so that the same amount of heat is applied to heating so the difference is in the volume and this is directly proportionate to the cost.

Because I was in the LPG for a few years I've even done comparison for coffeeshops and the savings we're looking at could be as much as 50% at that time. Problem is people are "forced" to use towngas once its connected to your businesses as you may face approval problems from the "regulators", you guys getting my message? I've seen it so many times. Just when its too costly to run a towngas pipe to the place then people are free to choose LPG and save costs.

Also LPG is cleaner that towngas in that people will not die from inhaling LPG but will die from the toxic towngas. Of course one will die if LPG is intentionally released in a room and LPG is replacing oxygen so death is by suffocation not poisoned like towngas.

thanks joe for your insightful reply.my friend will go for LPG than town gas, cheaper.

gov is screwing sg in utilities!!! even in hawker centres! hawkers will get to vote for gas supply during renovations or upgradings. stalls will ask to vote for which one to use, power gas or union. some stalls not using gas also voted and voted for power gas! those stall owners were kena fuck by those need to use gas upside down. power gas really fucking more ex!!! now HDB ruling that all water heater for newly build housing must use gas! no more electricity! electricity is safer due to circuit breakers, it will trip when short circuit or earth leak. but what if fire got extinguished and gas continue to escape when hitting up the water? i find it more dangerous to use it for water heater in bath room. but gov want to make money force people to use gas water heater.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a raining morning. sianz.

20130126_082501.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thanks joe for your insightful reply.my friend will go for LPG than town gas, cheaper.

gov is screwing sg in utilities!!! even in hawker centres! hawkers will get to vote for gas supply during renovations or upgradings. stalls will ask to vote for which one to use, power gas or union. some stalls not using gas also voted and voted for power gas! those stall owners were kena fuck by those need to use gas upside down. power gas really fucking more ex!!! now HDB ruling that all water heater for newly build housing must use gas! no more electricity! electricity is safer due to circuit breakers, it will trip when short circuit or earth leak. but what if fire got extinguished and gas continue to escape when hitting up the water? i find it more dangerous to use it for water heater in bath room. but gov want to make money force people to use gas water heater.

This is what happen when sinkies dun protest and get back their rights in asking for what they want.

That is why i stay away from sinkie, only morons will stick around with sinkies and compain the whole day how fuck up their life is.

The actual fact is their ball-less cowards sinkie shit self is the fucking cause of their pathetic sinkie life.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Normally my 1st class ticket for bullet train between Shanghai and Hangzhou is like 90RMB but today unpaid 169RMB I thought maybe its close to CNY so didn't care. When I boarded was pleasantly surprised that its actually business class a class higher than 1st. The seat are like airline with personal tv and a wide selection of movies.

5533BDB2-14FF-42B8-A34B-1CE0E2266F7C-1384-000000F6930AE8EA.jpg

A6D30C93-EBDB-477F-AFD8-C340506F0EEB-1384-000000F66AFC48AA.jpg

Honestly 1st class is good enough next time will be careful to insist on 1st class.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Damn tired, so cold and south walking today so now cooling down with a nice bottle of Cordillera by Miguel Torres. Safer to have wine in foreign managed hotel, most wine in china are fakes.

20130126_204315_LLS.jpg

donkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
sunday eye candy

[video=youtube;n91mk3QIec0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n91mk3QIec0[/video]

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tonight me really koh lian. raining earlier, only got 1 table inside. ask cook to go buy gai tord and khao niaw.

1359291600481.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
verdict gai yang which buy from outside is best. som tam and lab muu by cook taste quite plain (jeud). think we short of a few ingredients. anyway, these food not part of our regular menu. see cook kid teung baan so ask him to do some issarn food.

donkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi chon. where is your shop located? got google mapped? never been to pattaya. maybe its time to drop by, and come pay a visit to your shop.

Last edited: