• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Mordern yet classic noodle shop

Open kitchen
sQGp3Fm.jpg

Easy going shop
FRPasgn.jpg

Inside
RrKGZma.jpg

CoNWHnC.jpg

Popular Thai drink made of plant, ka-jiab
Gq2nh8N.jpg

Tomyam rice noodle (beehoon)
axEpizR.jpg

Tomyam charcoal noodle
t0tpAsr.jpg

Krapow minced pork rice
tJL5LNZ.jpg

The shop
FVfvk6k.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seacon Bangkae mall now has a new food street section (grand opening yesterday). Interesting variety including msia bak kut teh, roti prata, hk style noodles. Good system of electronic card you pay on checkout (instead of coupons). Now the mall has 3 levels of food sections -basement + mid level food courts and this new one.

Bkt and HK noodles
261F9F8B-A579-478C-843E-BB76FA26C624.jpeg
C22AE0C7-710F-403A-B9C1-FC139BCCFB17.jpeg
E0BF9821-3FA6-480F-B3EB-194A26EDA74F.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Solo barista with filtered special coffee. Showed me how to ‘fart’ coffee (exit gas) in filter, exacting boiling water temp and to circle same (flavour). He spoke decent English and just back from some Sg coffee contest.
4B64AA91-225E-49CB-BA19-E1C9375FB228.jpeg
D41FD758-0C3F-4DC4-92EE-5E8952E002D3.jpeg
D115FF14-FD8C-41F1-AD46-19C8B4085EE7.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There are not many of these traditional coffee stall left in Bangkok, its nice to once in a while bump into one. Found this is a wet market

Guests sitting around the stall drinking coffee, chatting and watching TV
BtNvkhI.jpg

Traditional way of making coffee
oIhrHHs.jpg

For hot black coffee they serve with a glass of thin chinese tea as the black coffee is rather strong
f7PTetu.jpg

Ordered 2 eggs half boiled
Bh8Yipc.jpg

Easy to drink it down
Rw3oqqz.jpg

Easy breakfast costs only 35 baht or $1.50

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to Pattaya for the annual planning meeting with the various Thai regional sales managers and marketing people, stayed int he same hotel, nice view cannot complain

eX27OpV.jpg

BlUy11f.jpg

The "generals"
IVAXXez.jpg

Lunch break, tomyam
0qrnYN7.jpg

Green curry with fishballs
uiwUyW3.jpg

Red curry with chicken and potato
XJ2jlQI.jpg

Minced duck meat krapow
IAzovJg.jpg

Thai herb glass noodle salad
MXwoUtY.jpg

Stir fry mixed veges
TRrSDvF.jpg

Saute beef slices
oTXnQEF.jpg

Hormok
EcTtruY.jpg

Beautiful Thai desserts
FdUnFJq.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[froggy],
Wow, fantastic gourmet meals, and al most times, excellent beverages.
You must be one of those "generals" of the screws.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Life of a travelling screw salesman in Thailand, after two and a half days of work its time to leave for home

q48W5Dd.jpg

O86JRtH.jpg

Got to top up for the 143km journey home. Gasoline is getting more expansive, 27.09 baht per litre for diesel or S$1.15
5giPBpk.jpg

Cook my own dinner, traditional rice noodle with sliced pork and a hard boiled egg
TCQDnB9.jpg

Bon Appétit
tZXfVon.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am very lucky to be living in Bangkok where one could find great international food here and most of the time cheaper than in the original country. For a person who travel much I am quite particular with food quality and coming from Singapore I know how ridiculous "good food" can cost. Bangkok has a large Japanese community living here as there are many Japanese factories and businesses located here as such Japanese food here is in the level same as in Japan, so say the Japanese professionals I encountered here who swear by it and often claimed Bangkok to have the best compared to the other cities around this region. Best as in the freshness, quality of cooking and prices.

If one likes fresh sashimi I highly recommend Sushi Tsukiji in Thaniya. Fresh seafood is airflow in twice a week directly from Japan.

pA8pa5m.jpg

6cJWacV.jpg

Starters, tofu with minced pork
4hRP5rr.jpg

Fermented squid with Thai herbs
1zh4uOk.jpg

Grilled ginkgo
bwgyqd3.jpg

Grilled chili, we had 3 servings of this
7X2YENJ.jpg

The master preparing our sashimi
Kaduv3q.jpg

Finally
rvLIhiC.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Great chicken rice in Suvarnabhimbi Airport’s Singapore Airlines lounge

4Q2dJgi.jpg

FFADyc4.jpg

R7OXTnh.jpg

Also nice pad Thai
lUFbY9x.jpg

Great somtam
a1rFh2p.jpg

Tomyam goong is nice too
uIXOn3Q.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had brunch with wife at the legendary Old German Beerhouse. Its moved to a new premnise in Sukhumvit Soi 13 from Soi 11. However their Soi 11 joint is under renovation and will reopen, means there're gonna have 2 beerhaus soon, isn't that great?

Rw9AA3C.jpg

OSFZWZH.jpg

F05ugOl.jpg

Getting my beer
aruQmnV.jpg

G6rheqF.jpg

lntOJDn.jpg

Orifa8B.jpg

aYDzgvw.jpg

aUykZ98.jpg

Juicy sausages
22ouYaz.jpg

fvtmVEQ.jpg

Moist
GocFQj5.jpg

More beer
5R6qJ96.jpg

tQC6M8V.jpg

Had a great lunch there today, real German stuff.

ioi