• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner at Club 24, very nice place

i4COx2j.jpg

UzFPY1U.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Love comfort food, in Thailand one of my comfort food is Khao Tom, boiled rice. Its basically cooked rice put into soup and stuff like pork, prawns etc could be added into it. This can be eaten anytime of the day that is why it is comfort food. Its especially great after a late night of drinks.

Khao tom moo saab (boiled rice with mince pork) and khai jeow moo saab (omelette with minced pork)
u1ScUCF.jpg

Cheap breakfast costs only $3.40 (80 baht)

at a countryside joint

1bHGjqI.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Good morning everyone, sawasdee krup.

Wonderful coffee
BBQdvHH.jpg

Curry puff and ham and cheese puff
rvlBXaL.jpg

Pretty reasonable breakfast at $5.30

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good morning everyone, sawasdee krup.

Wonderful coffee

Curry puff and ham and cheese puff

Pretty reasonable breakfast at $5.30

Breakfast looks lovely. The only time I drink illy is when I fly United Airlines (that's what they exclusively serve in air and in the lounge) but I like it..

Just curious, after so many years in Thailand, do you still think in terms of SGD?
For me, when I am in Thailand, I look at THB prices only and I don't compare - different countries, different variables.
What I do often is look at prices in relation to the median income - often I am surprised how much people will spend.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you like to eat hoy? :wink:

But seriously, do you eat hoy like the thais with a sprig of herb, fried garlic and chilli?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast looks lovely. The only time I drink illy is when I fly United Airlines (that's what they exclusively serve in air and in the lounge) but I like it..

Just curious, after so many years in Thailand, do you still think in terms of SGD?
For me, when I am in Thailand, I look at THB prices only and I don't compare - different countries, different variables.
What I do often is look at prices in relation to the median income - often I am surprised how much people will spend.

When I am in thailand I only think in terms of THB unless its property and cars I will tend to compare. Yes strangely Thais will spend on some stuff (relative to their income) that some people from developed countries may not for example coffee.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did this modest Italia restaurant at Bang Sare. Pizza from firewood oven, with a glass of house red Sauvignon. Fiat car imported wholesale from Italy.
92DBE5B4-BB60-42E0-B27E-FCB4752003E5.jpeg
14FC132D-0A5D-4F9A-BCF1-58EA07AF8302.jpeg
A8C62313-A0D8-4272-B307-D3DF4E382C92.jpeg
23B2A035-702C-4D02-91E8-2EC8296EDCBC.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New find, if you feel hungry at Swampy. Avoid the rip off prices inside terminal or the PRC hordes at food court. On other side, close to door 3.. next to police station. 3 months old, cool place next to open area (not claustrophobic). Open 0700-2000, staff prices
2B92B393-C68E-4A33-B2F2-8023E09F0637.jpeg
F8D4EB1D-8B35-4FEC-B796-067A7013D32C.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dinner on Thonburi side of Krungthep, at sprawling restaurant (with lots ktv rooms) and rooftop terrace.
Had best prawn cakes, squid lemon (1st time had squid eggs), and some seafood based dish on hot plate (ho mok?). Plus 2 Singha draft beers + fruit platter only bt805

6472F36A-2E61-435C-B662-50B5F15A47BC.jpeg
7DB21BDC-201F-45FA-93EA-FF1D0EF9135D.jpeg
0EDBCFE0-D129-4EEF-B1E0-38B72AB0A252.jpeg

A1DEEA17-5556-4A49-AECE-92006211A4A8.jpeg

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
New find, if you feel hungry at Swampy. Avoid the rip off prices inside terminal or the PRC hordes at food court. On other side, close to door 3.. next to police station. 3 months old, cool place next to open area (not claustrophobic). Open 0700-2000, staff prices

Thanks for the scouting. Some questions if I may. What do you mean by "on the other side" - exit Gate 3, cross the road and go to the opposite building structure? What level - not departures (Level4) for sure, arrivals (Level 2)? one below arrivals (taxi level)?

Again, very useful info for another option besides the Magic food court. I'm in and out of BKK every 3 months but I'm so used to a set routine that I've stopped exploring.