• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the scouting. Some questions if I may. What do you mean by "on the other side" - exit Gate 3, cross the road and go to the opposite building structure? What level - not departures (Level4) for sure, arrivals (Level 2)? one below arrivals (taxi level)?

Again, very useful info for another option besides the Magic food court. I'm in and out of BKK every 3 months but I'm so used to a set routine that I've stopped exploring.
It’s right at basement (same level as taxi stand). Door 3, get down straight from arrivals -other extreme end of food court. At corner of main terminal building, no crossing of road or to car park.

It’s a cosy corner, bit narrow but the outdoor seating’s best. Frequented more by staff. Best of all, 10m from smoke corner

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Midnight supper, at a porridge shop

Always have to have your beer with such a meal
3V5vl4Z.jpg

Bean sprouts and tofu
av6weer.jpg

Gucai and minced pork and tofu
ziT3vaI.jpg

Saute mushrooms
YyseUex.jpg

Black olives with minced pork
vYv5z8V.jpg

Omelete with chaipor
qc4DoVV.jpg

Food looks cheap but not so cheap $23 (with 2 big bottles of Singha)
wxpHX8V.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Enroute to Sukhothai, 1 night at Nakhon Sawan. NS has a big ethnic Chinese presence. Seems Chao Praya river starts here. The river promenade is long with typical markets.

Nice view from some temple up on hill

F42AD49C-1EED-474B-BE37-8D5ED79C1D53.jpeg
FCBC619D-1525-4B3C-8F0C-88EBF549B50B.jpeg
865EB64C-E7E4-4D25-A06F-B8889F5944F7.jpeg
FB7090AD-96DE-4AAA-A048-1159CB190FAA.jpeg
35D84D59-5674-46D7-A175-EEECFE3C8564.jpeg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got in to Sukhothai, past Phisanulok (got a speeding ticket darn, paid thai price bt400).
Staying at old quarter, more interesting than new city part. Next to historical park. Rice cracker over charcoal fire
2EACBFD2-1866-44DB-AB4E-77D6687F1700.jpeg
1E3953B9-630D-45FB-8913-74E67D28F487.jpeg
CE6C6EB7-825F-492D-B7B8-154E22FC0128.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thais are famous for their many desserts and this is a typical shop for dessert which recently opened near my home

uk8u4uB.jpg

Simple shop but brisk business
Rp4bHxJ.jpg

Choose what you like
UlQPnx0.jpg

Too many choices
B9B8NJ1.jpg

Hot dessert
TTr5n2Q.jpg

Cold coconut milk dessert
jsEhSUC.jpg

Mix it all around
Ad6oD47.jpg

Only $1.25 per bowl

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thais are famous for their many desserts and this is a typical shop for dessert which recently opened near my home

uk8u4uB.jpg

Rp4bHxJ.jpg

Choose what you like
UlQPnx0.jpg

Too many choices
B9B8NJ1.jpg

Hot dessert
TTr5n2Q.jpg

jsEhSUC.jpg

Mix it all around
Ad6oD47.jpg

Only $1.25 per bowl

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Noodle is also popular among Thai and there is one particular noodle that is only available here in Thailand which is known as Yentafu (sound very familiar with Hakka's yong tau fu) however in the Thai version fermented tofu (red in colour) is made into a sauce and added into the noodle. The most famous (Thais said could be the original founder) is A. Mallika shop

This is yentafu for you

APbiIzD.jpg

MAETQJr.jpg

as I am not a fan of yentafu (I cannot stand the smell of the red sauce) I prefer normal noodle soup

FcKclPP.jpg

A. Mallika is also known for other traditional Thai and Chinese dishes, this is khanom jeeb (siewmai)
rfiY6nS.jpg

and geow-thod (deep fried wanton)
tQcm0Sk.jpg

Good desserts here too
2bP0VNR.jpg

This is their website if you like to know where to find them (many malls have a branch) - http://yentafo.com/eng/about/

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Choose what you like
UlQPnx0.jpg

Too many choices

Hot dessert

Mix it all around

Only $1.25 per bowl

How do you order? Are the toppings fixed or can you ask for this and that?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Easy dinner at nearby restaurant. Some young coconut dish, catfish (padufu?) and clear meatball soup (suit more to our palate over the Thai herbal variety).
6D9F4B6E-8C6F-4262-9A25-348B80A50ADB.jpeg
EE1C8825-3682-468B-8BB4-2A61931F61D4.jpeg
CA58C3E4-8231-4A28-A4A6-3F261C2839FB.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How do you order? Are the toppings fixed or can you ask for this and that?

Two ways - they have photos so one can just point to the photos and the other way is just point at the condiments and will be charged by the number of items.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two ways - they have photos so one can just point to the photos and the other way is just point at the condiments and will be charged by the number of items.

Usually, you will make 3 choices, and then the seller will ask what sauce you want it with, like milk, syrup... and if you want ice.

Personally, I like their version of black grass jelly (called chow gwai).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Celebrating my fried's new house at Peppe's Italian

jmzFKeJ.jpg

EK2zY2y.jpg

Octopus salad
ZdGpwW5.jpg

Baby octopus in freshly homemade tomato sauce
VxMAuyw.jpg

5Usd4Uu.jpg

French mussels in white wine
GtMIZAF.jpg

Peppe, left ot right lobster?
kK600sT.jpg

Finally
G4Nxvsh.jpg

TkO2kON.jpg

Then the meat
0AFHKBo.jpg

Excellent
UCjjPZk.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A typical Thai worker breakfast, Khao Gaeng. Khao gaeng is basically rice covered with dishes which a customer can choose from the many trays of dishes

A typical khao gaeng shop

aTwv3sK.jpg

boIOIib.jpg

Free extra raw vegetables and salad sauces take as much as you like
IvsDb1b.jpg

Free soup too
yWura7P.jpg

My $1.45 breakfast (35 baht) consisted of 3 dishes - stir fry cabbage with mushrooms, bean sprouts with tofu, fried chicken with Thai herbs.
6XKlpUT.jpg