• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just landed Suvarnabhumbi Airport

Left Bali 11am flight to Jakarta then change flight back. No did not feel a thing today while there.

F421B02A-A5F7-477C-B600-746C8847787E.jpeg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last post on Indonesia for now as I'm back to Bangkok. The Seokarno Hatta new Terminal 3 is much more spacious and clean and its new lounge is also nicer compared to the old terminal which is dark, old, not so clean and this new lunge serves freshly cooked food on request.

Chef
TyJUn3w.jpg

Spaghetti
ji5ca1U.jpg

Mee Soto
pcPVqG9.jpg

Ketupat - rice cake, rice vermicelli, tofu, beansprouts
odJJTOQ.jpg

Covered with peanut sauce
37XBnkR.jpg

yMkeeJ0.jpg

MUo2NMb.jpg

fXwhyPX.jpg

7idVPRa.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to Bangkok and back to office. Having my favourite Khanom-Jeen breakfast near office now.

Khanom-Jeen is the white soft rice noodle in Thailand made from fermented rice so it has to be eaten fresh after its made if not will turn sour quickly and spoil. Khanom-Jeen is usually taken with Thai curry and most commonly with Thai green curry known as gaeng-keow-wan literally translated word by word curry-green-sweet or for our easy understanding sweet green curry, and in this case for chicken green curry we call it gaeng-keow-wan-gai, gai as for chicken.

This is a rural area so the simple and rural setup.

Besides making this khanom-jeen-gaeng-keow-wan in very traditional taste the seller is also very sweet and cute. 2 reasons why this is my favourite
u6Wyww8.jpg

I can down 2 of her khanom-jeen anytime
EY1npIJ.jpg

Only 40 baht

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Italian restaurant in Bangkok that I frequent had recently been #1 Italian restaurant in Bangkok in the TripAdvisor site.\
TTfKAun.png

and ranked #32 among 10,936 restaurants in Bangkok, kudos to the owner Peppe
WgCB8KA.png

So just back after a long trip I found my way to the restaurant again last night

Parma
A3wWUW3.jpg

Portobello
vNklTPd.jpg

Saute prawns, mushrooms, squid
2YNZqeW.jpg

Salad with secret sauce, simple and refreshing
pCqrPLU.jpg

Angle hair with Italian sausage
0xNgMDB.jpg

Really like Peppe's penna-cotta cos its just a little sweet
ZY7CdfE.jpg

Ended with some very good Guatamalan rum from Peppe
bvYCntF.jpg

metr6LQ.jpg

We had a rib eye too but forgot the photo. Once again a great dinner by Peppe.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
TGIF knock off early for relaxing lunch

Just 3 dishes
2DigtIO.jpg

Fish maw soup in claypot
LcBdSP5.jpg

Pork jerky great with drinks
4dKiCiQ.jpg

Broad noodle
ckb4Vrr.jpg

Good meal
mOED2ug.jpg

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
depends on where it is grown. those from prc are grown on very shitty soil thus have stinky moldy bahu. if grown on good soil where no tiongs pee or shit on it will taste better.
No matter where they are grown, even in Japan, I can't get used to the taste rah. Lol :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these shoots are very well grown in cooler climate, good porous soil, but with a lot of fog and fresh water from rain. taste much better with no disease, discoloration, and bahu.
Bamboo-Shoots.jpg