• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
joetys where are you flying to?

In Taiwan now. Arrived in Taipei now in High Speed Rail from Taoyuen Station to Zuoyin Station in Kaohsiung. Train stooping at Taizhong Station now will arrive at 3pm. Came here for their annual screw exhibition. This is my first time attending.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Taiwan now. Arrived in Taipei now in High Speed Rail from Taoyuen Station to Zuoyin Station in Kaohsiung. Train stooping at Taizhong Station now will arrive at 3pm. Came here for their annual screw exhibition. This is my first time attending.
Got 3G or not on the train? got any pics to see? Don't worry, you won't be seeing any of that kind that put foot on table in ROC. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
= I need to be at airport at least 1 hr 45 minutes before departure.

2 hr 15 mins if I want to buy duty-free, exchange money, go to airport lounge etc.

KNN.

Yes you're right. This morning I arrived at 5.40am for my 7.25am flight.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was mao last night when I got back and left my phone in the car.
How's the air situation in CNX?
No worries, also disturbed joety's beauty sleep before he left for screw conference:o

Still hazy, but better than yesterday. Not missing it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am surprised that the airport remained packed despite being a 7.30 am flight, which means the pic must have been taken at about 6.00 am in the morning.

Joety must be on board HSR by now.

Yes HSR now. Just finished my MOS burger that I bought at Taoyuen, it's like a routine without fail will buy MOS burger before boarding. Today business cabin quite empty.

187fe9dd.jpg

Got 3G or not on the train? got any pics to see? Don't worry, you won't be seeing any of that kind that put foot on table in ROC. :smile:

Taiwan 3G everywhere la. But HSR goes through many tunnels so inside tunnels no signal at all also some stretches of farmland also no 3G but have regular signal la. Again I paid 1400baht for 5 days unlimited data plan so I am using my iPhone now to serve. Can use LINE to call home too all in the price.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok i've settled down in my room and I'm getting ready to go to the hotel's Onsen.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wow even screws have exhibition. One thing good about such places is i'm sure it won't be crowded with ppl not from the industry that will mingle around there. Any chio models to take picture in there or not?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow even screws have exhibition. One thing good about such places is i'm sure it won't be crowded with ppl not from the industry that will mingle around there. Any chio models to take picture in there or not?

Taiwan models not chio at all. Even the car models are not chio.

Come to Bangkok end of this month, and you can join the rest at Impact Muang Thong Thani for Bangkok Motor Show 2012. Sure got chio models. Unfortunately, I will be leaving for Taipei before that. But I will make do with Condo and Property Show @ Queen Sirikit Convention next week. The models are very chio since the exhibitors are property developers they have higher budgets and can hire top-notch models.

Just to give you an idea of what to expect during Condo Fair:

4014148401_71bf3f5aa5.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kns, kena disembarked from AA flight at CNX airport just before take off at 5pm. Reason is ''technical" problem. Only daily late afternoon flight, other is Silkair only doing 3 odd days weekly. Oh well, better than face this mid air :(. Oh, just announced delayed by 1hr to 545pm ..change of aircraft, thank goodness

Looks like I'll miss EPL match with other red team MU at 2200 tonight.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Come to Bangkok end of this month, and you can join the rest at Impact Muang Thong Thani for Bangkok Motor Show 2012. Sure got chio models. Unfortunately, I will be leaving for Taipei before that. But I will make do with Condo and Property Show @ Queen Sirikit Convention next week. The models are very chio since the exhibitors are property developers they have higher budgets and can hire top-notch models.

You sure taiwan gals not chio? Taiwanese gals are considered to be the prettiest gals among the chinese dispora.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I free, will come down to BKK for Condo fair. Does this cover Condo outside BKK or just BKK properties only. Auto show, I think I might go as partner is suggesting investing in a mini-bus.

Kns, kena disembarked from AA flight at CNX airport just before take off at 5pm. Reason is ''technical" problem. Only daily late afternoon flight, other is Silkair only doing 3 odd days weekly. Oh well, better than face this mid air :(. Oh, just announced delayed by 1hr to 545pm ..change of aircraft, thank goodness

Looks like I'll miss EPL match with other red team MU at 2200 tonight.
Think you might still make it.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sure taiwan gals not chio? Taiwanese gals are considered to be the prettiest gals among the chinese dispora.

Bro, trust me. How many generations since Chinese diaspora ? The Mainland girls are better looking. Just compare their soap operas and dramas.

If Taiwan media continue to market these few celebrities as chio, something is very wrong:

201091694916.jpg
1325701514a9.jpg
100743529.jpg

Without SKII, all these ladies will be hiding their apartments.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I free, will come down to BKK for Condo fair. Does this cover Condo outside BKK or just BKK properties only. Auto show, I think I might go as partner is suggesting investing in a mini-bus.

Think you might still make it.

Mainly BKK. But over years, I have seen Chiangmai, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Rayong all getting involved.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
bTW, I went on a LV shopping spree last night at Patpong. The current batch of LV products are very good, and I just realized that they were all made in China.

As for Lacoste, they're made in Thailand.

These products are all released for sale from their OEM partners.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, trust me. How many generations since Chinese diaspora ? The Mainland girls are better looking. Just compare their soap operas and dramas.

If Taiwan media continue to market these few celebrities as chio, something is very wrong:

201091694916.jpg
1325701514a9.jpg
100743529.jpg

Without SKII, all these ladies will be hiding their apartments.

Wow these gals are quite ugly but i don't recognize any of them. What about the gals from AI drama?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clockwise okay ?

First is 小 S, the younger sister of 大 S
Second is 隨棠,the lead actress in 犀利人妻
Third is none other than 林志玲

I didn't know lin chi ling was so ugly close up but then again she's not young anymore and i think more famous for her body.

Should have put in vivian hsu or shu qi instead.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This 隨棠 sure is freaking ugly. I'm sure she's a lead actress due to her acting talents

http://photo.xuite.net/zero679/4128184-隋棠整形前

You said it ! But she is now the benchmark for Taiwanese beauty.

Yes, her acting skills not too bad but not earth moving. She parachuted from being a fashion model.

When I was having casual conversations with a few of my Taiwanese friends, and lamenting that the recent crops were not as good as before in terms of beauty, they retorted with 隨棠. Of course, they're referring to her face after she had gone under the knife (but many don't realize she went under the knife). Even then, I could see she is ugly. Many guys just could not see beyond SK II.

p122242724830.jpg

Last edited: