• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3fa345127fbdc80bcff430a4b56b81e4-1.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took off yesterday

Bangkok-Pattaya special train makes debut
Bangkok Post Published: 17/03/2018 at 05:27 PM

PATTAYA: A special tourist train from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip made its debut on Saturday, with services planned every weekend for the next six months to spur tourism in the eastern region.

Trips in air-conditioned carriages to Pattaya station and Ban Phlu Ta Luang station in Sattahip will be offered every Saturday and Sunday until Sept 30. They will leave Bangkok early in the morning and return in late afternoon.

The inaugural service arrived on Saturday at Pattaya station at 9.10am. On hand to welcome it were executives from the State Railway of Thailand (SRT), Pattaya municipality, the Chon Buri Tourism Association and a crew of media members.

The train later left for Talad Nam 4 Pak Pattaya station (Pattaya floating market), where the formal inauguration ceremony was held, with many Thai and foreign tourists looking on.

Anont Luengboribun, a Transport Ministry inspector-general and the acting SRT governor, said operators in Chon Buri would provide transport services from Pattaya station to other tourist attractions in Chon Buri.

The special train will leave Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok every Saturday and Sunday at 6.45am, arriving in Pattaya at 9.13am and reaching Ban Phlu Ta Luang in Sattahip at 9.50pm. The return trip leaves Ban Phlu Ta Luang at 3.50pm, reaching Pattaya at 4.26pm and arriving in Bangkok at 6.25pm.

Fares from Bangkok to Pattaya and the final destination are 170 baht and reservations are recommended, according to the SRT. Seats can be booked via the SRT hotline at 1690 around the clock.

SRT deputy governor Thanongsak Pongprasert said the agency would evaluate the services and if they prove popular, it could increase frequencies or add more carriages.

2689051.jpg

Photo by Chaiyot Phupattanapong

2689038.jpg

The special train from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip arrives at Pattaya station on Saturday morning. (Photo by Chaiyot Phupattanapong)

2689042.jpg

The train leaves Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok for Pattaya on Saturday morning. (Photo from @pr.railway Facebook page)

2689046.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took off yesterday

Bangkok-Pattaya special train makes debut
Bangkok Post Published: 17/03/2018 at 05:27 PM

PATTAYA: A special tourist train from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip made its debut on Saturday, with services planned every weekend for the next six months to spur tourism in the eastern region.

Trips in air-conditioned carriages to Pattaya station and Ban Phlu Ta Luang station in Sattahip will be offered every Saturday and Sunday until Sept 30. They will leave Bangkok early in the morning and return in late afternoon.

The inaugural service arrived on Saturday at Pattaya station at 9.10am. On hand to welcome it were executives from the State Railway of Thailand (SRT), Pattaya municipality, the Chon Buri Tourism Association and a crew of media members.

The train later left for Talad Nam 4 Pak Pattaya station (Pattaya floating market), where the formal inauguration ceremony was held, with many Thai and foreign tourists looking on.

Anont Luengboribun, a Transport Ministry inspector-general and the acting SRT governor, said operators in Chon Buri would provide transport services from Pattaya station to other tourist attractions in Chon Buri.

The special train will leave Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok every Saturday and Sunday at 6.45am, arriving in Pattaya at 9.13am and reaching Ban Phlu Ta Luang in Sattahip at 9.50pm. The return trip leaves Ban Phlu Ta Luang at 3.50pm, reaching Pattaya at 4.26pm and arriving in Bangkok at 6.25pm.

Fares from Bangkok to Pattaya and the final destination are 170 baht and reservations are recommended, according to the SRT. Seats can be booked via the SRT hotline at 1690 around the clock.

SRT deputy governor Thanongsak Pongprasert said the agency would evaluate the services and if they prove popular, it could increase frequencies or add more carriages.

2689051.jpg

2689038.jpg

The special train from Bangkok to Pattaya and Sattahip arrives at Pattaya station on Saturday morning. (Photo by Chaiyot Phupattanapong)

2689042.jpg

The train leaves Hua Lamphong station in Bangkok for Pattaya on Saturday morning. (Photo from @pr.railway Facebook page)

2689046.jpg

I suspect the stop at tarad nam 4 park ( floating market) is influenced by the prc tourists. Time taken from hua lamphong to Pattaya is about 3.5 hours. Most frequent travellers to and fro pattaya will opt for either rot tu (mini va) or rot bus, which takes about 3 hours and cost about 120 baht. And more importantly, rot tu and rot bus are more flexible when it comes to alighting, can alight almost anywhere.

So my guess is it will not last long.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the stop at tarad nam 4 park ( floating market) is influenced by the prc tourists. Time taken from hua lamphong to Pattaya is about 3.5 hours. Most frequent travellers to and fro pattaya will opt for either rot tu (mini va) or rot bus, which takes about 3 hours and cost about 120 baht. And more importantly, rot tu and rot bus are more flexible when it comes to alighting, can alight almost anywhere.

So my guess is it will not last long.
I will be very happy if this new train service will help remove some chinks from the queue in RR @ Swampy.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will be very happy if this new train service will help remove some chinks from the queue in RR @ Swampy.
If you are refering to Roong Rueang, I dont think it has any effect.

More likely the train are targeted at those half day pattaya prc tour packages. Eg. depart BKK in morning, go see floating market, elephant ride and buffet lunch plus crocodile show before heading back to BKK on the same returning train from Sattahip.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of middle and lower end eateries hires FT workers mainly from Cambodia and Myanmar, and Laotian in some Issan cities.

They are able to speak very fluent Thai so most foreigners and even some locals will not be able to tell the differences.

Most Thais can tell right away when the FT workers start talking as the accent is different.

In the morning, Myanmese workers like to apply a kind of creamy brown paste on their face. Cannot remember the name of the paste. Think it sounds like Japanese name. The practise of applying this paste spread to Siam Lor as you can see during Songkran. BUT the one used in Siam Lor songkran is not the actual paste.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of middle and lower end eateries hires FT workers mainly from Cambodia and Myanmar, and Laotian in some Issan cities.

They are able to speak very fluent Thai so most foreigners and even some locals will not be able to tell the differences.

Most Thais can tell right away when the FT workers start talking as the accent is different.

In the morning, Myanmese workers like to apply a kind of creamy brown paste on their face. Cannot remember the name of the paste. Think it sounds like Japanese name. The practise of applying this paste spread to Siam Lor as you can see during Songkran. BUT the one used in Siam Lor songkran is not the actual paste.
thanaka. sounds like tanaka but pronounced with th. used to stay in burma for quite a while.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow.. "you" wear white spectacles frame ah ? Guys wear white frames to increase their 女人缘 a.k.a. more palatable to girls :rolleyes:o_O

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Planning to hit Bangsaen next week (been years since last). Previous, I did the Tide Resort ($$). Now doing this boutique style hotel, after some research and fabulous reviews -Phu Places. Weekends thb2150, weekdays 1550. Too close to our 2 Patts lau heroes? :p

Popular with Bangkokians, but the beach cannot swim in. Recall got decent seafood restaurants along the rolling coastline, and small Tawandeng pub (unsure if still around).
5919e562786f151cc5cc66aa3d8c9ade.jpg
517b3040b2c17e097589e34d2fd446c7.jpg
37204504d296f1b974e370d18a86daeb.jpg
contact-map-website-Full.jpg

http://www.phuplaces.com/

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Planning to hit Bangsaen next week (been years since last). Previous, I did the Tide Resort ($$). Now doing this boutique style hotel, after some research and fabulous reviews -Phu Places. Weekends thb2150, weekdays 1550. Too close to our 2 Patts lau heroes? :p

Popular with Bangkokians, but the beach cannot swim in. Recall got decent seafood restaurants along the rolling coastline, and small Tawandeng pub (unsure if still around). View attachment 39939 View attachment 39940 View attachment 39941 View attachment 39942

I'm domiciled in Singapore, in case you are referring to me. CNX is still my 1st choice when I eventually moved. JB is also another option.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Popular with Bangkokians, but the beach cannot swim in. Recall got decent seafood restaurants along the rolling coastline, and small Tawandeng pub (unsure if still around). View attachment 39939 View attachment 39940 View attachment 39941 View attachment 39942

I still visit Bang Saen and Chonburi once or twice a month. Bang Saen is quite a boring place but lots of Burapha Nak Seuk Saa (Burapha Uni) zhabors hanging around laem tong (shopping mall) and nearby areas during weekdays.

The food is definitely better than pattaya ones.

For those who want to go to Bang Saen from Pattaya, you can take almost any rot tu (mini bus) along sukumvit road. The fare is 60 baht.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neighbour BF tabao from Cambodia while doing his final visa run before going back to Sweden. Went in the morning and just arrive in Pattaya.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 3 soda brands of Siam Lor. Right to left: Singha (the original), Chang (used to be red color like Singha but recently change their color to green to go in sync with their famous Chang beer), and the new kid on the block is “Rock mountain”.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The 3 soda brands of Siam Lor. Right to left: Singha (the original), Chang (used to be red color like Singha but recently change their color to green to go in sync with their famous Chang beer), and the new kid on the block is “Rock mountain”.

ROCK is the best with my Double Black.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

555 just show my siao zhabor the pics. She say suay, want to go also wor. I say paeng (expensive), she said she jaai eng! (Pay herself). Kns. Might end up in bang saen next soon.