• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm domiciled in Singapore, in case you are referring to me. CNX is still my 1st choice when I eventually moved. JB is also another option.
Dont go cnx lah. Full of sinkies shit up there. Even have their sg cnx fb group.
Maai, my former no.2, a native cnx, really hate cnx .

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Airport link to Patts
c1_1431455_180320040813_620x413.jpg

Pitch set for airport rail link
Transport project to serve EEC scheme
Bangkok Post Published: 20/03/2018 at 04:00 AM

The Eastern Economic Corridor Office (EEC Office) is proposing a high-speed railway linking three main airports worth 200 billion baht to the cabinet Tuesday.

The project aims to connect Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and U-tapao airports to serve the government's much-touted EEC scheme, spanning three provinces -- Chachoengsao, Chon Buri and Rayong.

Kanit Sangsubhan, secretary-general of the EEC Office, said the government expects the terms of reference (ToR) to be completed this month. A market sounding for future investors is also scheduled for March.

"The government will provide the project detail to investors," he said. "More than 70 companies, both local and foreign, will attend the market sounding."

The railway expansion will largely be built along an existing route operated by the State Railway of Thailand at a length of 260 kilometres. An inner-city train travelling in Bangkok will have a slower speed of 160km per hour, while a rural route can reach a maximum speed of 250km per hour.

This route comprises 10 high-speed stations: Don Mueang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Sri Racha, Pattaya, U-tapao and Rayong.

Mr Kanit said the government has a plan to link the double-track railway with three deep-sea ports in the EEC at Map Ta Phut, Laem Chabang and Sattahip, expecting to serve the country's imports and exports.

"The government is looking for success in five main areas -- infrastructure projects, the 10 targeted industries, the tourism sector, innovation and human development in the EEC provinces," he said.

Capt Somnuk Keawmaruang, deputy director of U-tapao Airport Authority, said the Royal Thai Navy also plans to develop eight projects that are related to the EEC scheme.

The main project will be the development of U-tapao airport on 6,500 rai, including the new 3.5km runway, and the phase three terminal expansion.

"The government expects the runway and the terminal will be completed in three years, with U-tapao airport serving more than 250,000 flights per year," he said.

Capt Somnuk said the navy also plans to develop a 700-rai plot at the airport. The government expects its infrastructure investment in U-tapao will be completed by 2023. The airport is projected to serve 15 million passengers in the next five years, 30 million in the next 10 years and 60 million in the next 15 years.

The government also expects to spend 250 billion baht for development under the public-private partnership model.

Capt Somnuk said the defence industry ecosystem has also been included among the targeted industries under the S-curve policy, as the government wants to increase the country's security and reduce the importation of weapons and technology from abroad.

"We aim to conduct R&D for defence locally," he said.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hua Hin ok or not ? I see no mountain in the morning, I damn sianz.
555 moutain ror?.. Hua hin and cha am are beach areas
As for H Hin, fret not ...just within 10km radius, you start on some rolling plains into the scenic mountains. 50km (or 45min lovely scenic drive), and you are onto the Kaeng Krachan national park (with big dam)

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

Got a soft spot for CNX, with my regular commute to/from Lampang (snaky mountain 100m drive) then.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for H Hin, fret not ...just within 10km radius, you start on some rolling plains into the scenic mountains. 50km (or 45min lovely scenic drive), and you are onto the Kaeng Krachan national park (with big dam)

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

Got a soft spot for CNX, with my regular commute to/from Lampang (snaky mountain 100m drive) then.
When I was in CNX, I usually stayed in hotel rooms with mountain view. I love waking up to the view of Doi Suthep.

Between mountains and seas, I prefer mountains.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tropical storm alert from weather dept.

20 march affect the northeast most of Issan.

21 march central,east and parts of central

22-23 central, north and east.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was in CNX, I usually stayed in hotel rooms with mountain view. I love waking up to the view of Doi Suthep.

Between mountains and seas, I prefer mountains.
Cnx used to be one of the best cities to live in but that was 10 years ago when you know then which PM is in charged.

Now cnx is just another overpopulated city with lots of prc influences in almost everything.

Actually Pattaya also slowly becoming like another prc town but no as jialat as cnx due to the distance. Tiongs can drive their prc registered cars into siam lor but have yet to see one in Pattaya. Cnx many.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No prise for guessing where the funds came from? Also not surprise that there is no mention of funding source in the article. This news was actually known to the local property industry about 7-8 months ago.
Airport link to Patts
View attachment 39974

Pitch set for airport rail link
Transport project to serve EEC scheme
Bangkok Post Published: 20/03/2018 at 04:00 AM

The Eastern Economic Corridor Office (EEC Office) is proposing a high-speed railway linking three main airports worth 200 billion baht to the cabinet Tuesday.

The project aims to connect Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi and U-tapao airports to serve the government's much-touted EEC scheme, spanning three provinces -- Chachoengsao, Chon Buri and Rayong.

Kanit Sangsubhan, secretary-general of the EEC Office, said the government expects the terms of reference (ToR) to be completed this month. A market sounding for future investors is also scheduled for March.

"The government will provide the project detail to investors," he said. "More than 70 companies, both local and foreign, will attend the market sounding."

The railway expansion will largely be built along an existing route operated by the State Railway of Thailand at a length of 260 kilometres. An inner-city train travelling in Bangkok will have a slower speed of 160km per hour, while a rural route can reach a maximum speed of 250km per hour.

This route comprises 10 high-speed stations: Don Mueang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Sri Racha, Pattaya, U-tapao and Rayong.

Mr Kanit said the government has a plan to link the double-track railway with three deep-sea ports in the EEC at Map Ta Phut, Laem Chabang and Sattahip, expecting to serve the country's imports and exports.

"The government is looking for success in five main areas -- infrastructure projects, the 10 targeted industries, the tourism sector, innovation and human development in the EEC provinces," he said.

Capt Somnuk Keawmaruang, deputy director of U-tapao Airport Authority, said the Royal Thai Navy also plans to develop eight projects that are related to the EEC scheme.

The main project will be the development of U-tapao airport on 6,500 rai, including the new 3.5km runway, and the phase three terminal expansion.

"The government expects the runway and the terminal will be completed in three years, with U-tapao airport serving more than 250,000 flights per year," he said.

Capt Somnuk said the navy also plans to develop a 700-rai plot at the airport. The government expects its infrastructure investment in U-tapao will be completed by 2023. The airport is projected to serve 15 million passengers in the next five years, 30 million in the next 10 years and 60 million in the next 15 years.

The government also expects to spend 250 billion baht for development under the public-private partnership model.

Capt Somnuk said the defence industry ecosystem has also been included among the targeted industries under the S-curve policy, as the government wants to increase the country's security and reduce the importation of weapons and technology from abroad.

"We aim to conduct R&D for defence locally," he said.

Edit: btw, this project actually affected the land usage status in many areas. For eg. some plots of land are designated to be non agriculture suddenly become industrial/commericial. So the land price shoot up by many times. In siam lor, you cannot suka suka buy a piece of land and build whatever you want.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You ever the urban slicker, KY is more a bill resort kinda place with golf, and food more ang moh style. Need own transport to get around
3D/2N is okay, but not live there lah.

You need shopping malls for free air conditioning, and near Universities for this:

thai_girl_uniform5.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neighbor pass lobang to do twice a day food delivery for a turakey (turkey) customer. Request is if got halal the best, if no halal, then no pork and no spicy. And also no shitskin food. 555

Order stir fried basil chicken with kai dao

Simple tam sang menu

Page 2 menu

In case anyone around here and need halal food

Halal food at market Rompo
411/130 Thep Prasit 17 Alley, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
084 531 4866
https://goo.gl/maps/ZPcNPqbGes82

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neighbor pass lobang to do twice a day food delivery for a turakey (turkey) customer. Request is if got halal the best, if no halal, then no pork and no spicy. And also no shitskin food. 555

Order stir fried basil chicken with kai dao

Simple tam sang menu

Page 2 menu

In case anyone around here and need halal food

Halal food at market Rompo
411/130 Thep Prasit 17 Alley, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
084 531 4866
https://goo.gl/maps/ZPcNPqbGes82
Bro, you run a foodstall at Rompho? Or you run foodpanda service?