• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy. Use a shower cap or swimming cap or even one of those fashion multi purpose headgear.
Frankly, I hardly use motorsai rapzhang when I am in Pattaya, compared to BKK. In Pattaya, they start from 40 baht. In BKK, I am still paying 10 baht to get out of my Soi.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
My next trip to Pattaya I might want to fly to KL then to Utapao. I feel so much at ease when I arrive at Utapao, knowing that the mini van will take you all the way to your condo or hotel. And since I am near Jomtien, I am always among the first to alight. Most importantly, I don't have to worry about the Roong Rueng queue at Suvarnabhumi.

For the return trip to Singapore, it's still worthwhile to fly from Suvarnabhumi as the journey from Thappraya to Suvarnabhumi is pretty fast - 90 minutes.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I hardly use motorsai rapzhang when I am in Pattaya, compared to BKK. In Pattaya, they start from 40 baht. In BKK, I am still paying 10 baht to get out of my Soi.
555 pattaya is robber city. Believe or not. Me 10 over years in pattaya. Never even take the blue yellow taxi once. Blue Song taew robbers a few times and motorcycle taxis a few times. Hate those mother fuckers motorsai rab jang and taxi robbers. Refuse to give in. Rather have my own transport. Fyi. People in pattaya hate these lowest form of life in pattaya. Taxis motorsai taxis and song taews. I also sibeh look down on these mother fuckers.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My next trip to Pattaya I might want to fly to KL then to Utapao. I feel so much at ease when I arrive at Utapao, knowing that the mini van will take you all the way to your condo or hotel. And since I am near Jomtien, I am always among the first to alight. Most importantly, I don't have to worry about the Roong Rueng queue at Suvarnabhumi.

For the return trip to Singapore, it's still worthwhile to fly from Suvarnabhumi as the journey from Thappraya to Suvarnabhumi is pretty fast - 90 minutes.
Yeah same same. Love utapao cos i drop at Rom Po market. Drop off even before you at pratamnak. 555

Also hate the long queue at suvarnhabhumi.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah same same. Love utapao cos i drop at Rom Po market. Drop off even before you at pratamnak. 555

Also hate the long queue at suvarnhabhumi.
Bro, share your experience at Rompho market if you have the time. The stalls and the food, I mean.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, share your experience at Rompho market if you have the time. The stalls and the food, I mean.
OK brief introduction of Rom pho market.

Part 1. Rompho Wet Market building
A small humble building with about 30 or so permament stalls. Most of the stalls sells fresh veges and fruits. There are other stalls selling pork, chicken and fish/seafood. On the front row of the market, there are 6 or 7 permanent stalls selling food. The first stall is Mango Sticky Rice, next stall is Fried Chicken(halal).Next is Khao Gaeng(economy rice) and follow by a Tam Sang(zhi char) and pork trotters (khao kaa moo). next is the drinks stall and last stall is also a Tam Sang (zhi char).on the side row is Khao Gaeng(economy rice halal) and corner shop is Tam Sang (zhi char halal)

I quite like all the Tam Sang (zhi char) but you need to tell them you can eat spicy or not. Or else they will cook the farang version which is tasteless.

The corner Tam Sang (halal) also have Chicken Briyani on saturday and sunday)

So far, only talked about Rompho wet market building. Next will be Rompho makeshift market (morning) and Makeshift market (night)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part 2 Rompho Makeshift Market (Morning)
In the morning, the empty car park beside Rompho Market building beome makeshift market for both food stalls and non food stalls

There are clothing stall, lottery stall,fashion acceasories stall, underwear stalls and handphone accessories. Some of the stalls are not fixed as they pay daily rental as compared to the stalls in the market building.
For food stalls, there is my favorite porridge (joke moo). also sell Tom Luad Moo. Her stall is motorcycle side stall and only have 3 or 4 seats. Dont be shy, just squeeze in politely. Chances is you will sit beside a girl or maybe half girl who just finish work at walking street.
Behind Jok Moo have Kuay Chap (Thai style Kuay Chap). I will say so so only. Nearer the main road have fried chicken stall, Nam Tao Hu (soya bean) and pa tong kor( you zhar kuay) and Moo Ping (pork satay). Basically, the morning makeshift stalls starts at 5 am and closes around 10 pm and caters to mainly local Thais. Sells the typical Thai breakfast stuff.

A scene from Rompho morning makeshift market. think i was having jok moo when i took this photo months ago.

Market side row. Among the Khao Gaeng ( economy rice) this stall is best but its halal so no pork. They sell in packets but you can eat there at their shops. Stall is closed in the picture.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part 3 Rompho nakeshift night market.

The same area beside the Rompho market building becomes a open air hawker centre in the evening and the stall owners are different from the morning ones.

Unlike the morning one which caters to the locals, the night one caters primarily to the foreigners and bar girls working near the area but dont worry, the price is reasonable and there are no 2 price system here in this market which is why it is popular with the foreigners living around this area.

the building in the background is Rompho market building. photo taken at around 5 pm where all the stalls just open for business.

Roast duck rice and noodle stall. this stall not consistent. sometimes open sometimes close. think was taken over by a Teochew porridge (khao tom gui) stall.

Duck rice THB 40

This is a seafood zhi char stall. one of my favorite stall and can get very busy during peak hours. It is mend by a pretty SYT. Dont judge book by cover, this SYT can really cook very well. BF or husband damm lucky man.

SYT in action. Recommend dish is seafood suki. both dry and soup version gor aroi. Khao Pad Pu (crab fried rice). Pad Hoi Maeng Poo (fried mussels).

Look Chin Tord (fried fishball) and Moo Tord (fried pork) stalls with sticky rice. Very nice but more of to go with beer (gab gaem) at nearby bars.
On the far left is kebab stall (partial view) and on the far right is Roti prata or just call roti. Kebab is quite popular. Forget about Roti prata unless all other stalls are closed.

Behind have Chai See Baa Mee Giow (char siew wanton noodle). So so but owner very friendly. There are two Hoi Tor/Pad Thai stalls. both also can eat lah. Then, there is famous Rom pho Pla Pao (grill fish). they used live fish to grill.So if you cannot stand the sight of live fish being grill on the spot, dont eat here. Beside Pla Pao is chicken rice and noodldes. Have both boiled and fried chicken or can even order both type. just tell them "ruam". business very good.

next we have Spagehti stall. have all kind of sauces. I tried only once anx think its so so. next to spagehti is sushi stall. never tried so no comments. next is fruit stall. in front of fruit stall is traditional Thai steamboat aka jim joom. this stall also do som tam and yum salads. just order pork or seafood. not sure have beef or not. basket of mix vegetables mushrooms are serve along.

in front of jim joom is gai orb ang ( means baked chicken in container). also have pork ribs. quite nice. and beside this stall is fried chicken stall. So so only cos I prefer fried chicken elsewhere.

there is a pizza stall in the middle of the market. another go with beer for the farangs customers at the nearby bars. never tried so dont know delicious or not.

finally, there are two tam sang (zhi char) right at the end (near KISS food and drink) and spectacle shop. both are reasonably priced and food is so so for me. but the reason is they are used to cooking foreigner versions. I still prefer the SYT zhi char as she knows my taste already.

oh yeah. almost forgot. there is also a kanom jeen stall. my standard quite ridiculously high when it comes to kanaom jeen so will be unfair for me to say not aroi. 555 lady boss busy looking at lottery ticket.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part 4. Nearby Rompho market.
Just beside Rompho market is the famous Rompho entertainment complex. It is 3 rows 30 over bars. beside the bars are 1 long stretch of single storey shops. there are 1 shitskin restaurant (obviously no comments from me). There is also a Italian/Thai and a Thai food shop. All doesnt look nice to me and quite expensive cos main customers are the farang customers at the bars and the bar girls.

on the other side of the road, there is this Porky restuarant. have been around for sometime but look quiet. beside the porky restaurant is pork/beef noodle. There is a cocktail van and burger stall on the same side. burger not bad. think they also do pizza. you wont miss this part of rompho as there is the famous row of 8 barber shops. yeah. 8 barber shops on the same row and all are doing well. I have my own personal barber (two). Walk in no need say a word, they know what to do. next to cocktail/burger stall is Hodeng beef/pork noodle. Not bad.

Actually there is one shop at Soi 7. Just cross the road and walk into Soi 7. The zhi char stall is on the right hand side. imho, very good. starts at 4am and closes late afternoon.

Personally I prefer to eat at Rattanakorn market at Thepprasit as Rompho market too familiar already. Sometimes paiseh other stalls if eat from one stall.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kuay Tiow Look Chin Pla Nam (fish ball bee hoon soup). Tabao from Mae SriRuen Restaurant. One of my favorite restaurant in Pattaya. Been a customer since 10 years ago when I step foot in Pattaya. Also have a branch in Central World in Bangkok. Like this restaurant because they dont change their cooking style just to satisfy the taste of foreigners. Uswd to have 3 branch in Pattaya. The branch that was closed was Central Marina and replaced by a lousy food court. Imho, the best Mae SriRuen branch is the one at Outlet mall beside Tesco Lotus at Pattaya South. This bee hoon soup tabao from this branch.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hot!!! Part 2 of Richard Milles and Big big diamond and Pui Kia DPM

Siam kia csi team (CSI LA) just dig out Pui Kia was wearing another model of Richard Milles watch. This one slightly cheaper lor, around 4 million baht nia. Cheaper compare to the first one.

Also the size of the diamond was determind to be somewhere between 5 to 7 carat. Well, the price you can go google it.

CSI LA is quite famous in Thailand as they have help solved many cases including the four face buddha bombing and some high profile hit and run case.

I can confirm Prawit's friend is either Cortina or Hour Glass liaoz.

By WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION

The Matter, the alternative news agency, on Tuesday also presented photos of Prawit on nine occasions from 2014 to this year wearing different watches. Although the definition of the photos was limited, three of the watches could be the same while the rest looked distinct.

The Matter asked its followers to help identify the watches and their guesses centred on high-end brands such as Patek Philippe, Franck Muller, Audemars Piguet and Rolex, with prices ranging from Bt700,000 to Bt2 million.

Prawit has kept mum on the issue since the day he was discovered wearing the extravagant watch last week.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I want to find out about the restaurant (not sure restaurant or food court) located immediately on the left if you are coming from Thappraya. I believe it's immediately next to View Talay. I see lots of farang having meals there.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only very few people know my origins. Most either think I am a local or Gao Li or Pa Ma (Myanmar). KNN , Even have people guess Kam Pu cha/ Kha Men (Cambodia). Probably because I wear a Cambodia scarf aka Krama all the time. Talk abou Cambodia stuff a litte bit. Krama is a multi purpose scarf that is very common in Cambodia and some North East province where there is a significant Cambodian presence.

In Pattaya, most of the construction sites are dominated by Cambodia workers. So can see them using Krama scarfs as headwear, scarf, mask, hankerchief, towel and belt etc. Krama is very Khmer and during Vietnam war, the Vietcongs adopt Krama. Different colors for different combat units.

Most hi so quite look down on the krama because consider as peasant or farmers wear

Really multi purpose and versatile.

my personal collection of krama. Simi color also have.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I want to find out about the restaurant (not sure restaurant or food court) located immediately on the left if you are coming from Thappraya. I believe it's immediately next to View Talay. I see lots of farang having meals there.
I believe you are refering to KISS drink and food. KISS food and drinks has many outlet and branches in Pattaya. It is 24 hours and have both western and Thai food. The price are not expensive as compared to restaurants or slightly more expensive than roadside stalls.

Tastewise, Thai food is above average for foreigners but so so only for Thais. If you prefer original Thai food, have to tell the waiter/waitress when ordering else they will just cook the foreigner version.

Eat there a few times because its the only 24 hour restaurant within walking distance from my apartment.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..find out about the restaurant ..immediately next to View Talay. I see lots of farang having meals there.
Across View Talay is a decent Thai restaurant (forgot name) at corner on 2nd rd. Came with recommendation by my usual haunt Page 10 on soi 10.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
555 just realise gay phone latest ios is not using jpg format. Uses another format call heic which photobucket doesnt support.
After uploading a pic, keep showing processing video.

So no choice, have to carry my samsung galashit phone with me.

Edit: add this
Found out can use back jpg format by going to Settings - Camera - Format - Most Compatible

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you are refering to KISS drink and food. KISS food and drinks has many outlet and branches in Pattaya. It is 24 hours and have both western and Thai food. The price are not expensive as compared to restaurants or slightly more expensive than roadside stalls.

Tastewise, Thai food is above average for foreigners but so so only for Thais. If you prefer original Thai food, have to tell the waiter/waitress when ordering else they will just cook the foreigner version.

Eat there a few times because its the only 24 hour restaurant within walking distance from my apartment.
Yup ! This is the one. Nice to know they are open 24 hours.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh.....NPNT :eek::rolleyes:o_O
I believe YY is refering to the KISS Food and Drink outlet at the Second Road branch. It is directly opposite Mike Shopping Mall just before reaching View Talay Condo/Central Festival. The tall white condo beside Central Festival is also View Talay but cannot remember View Talay what number.

This is another crowded KISS food and drink branch. Remember meeting up with a sbf bro at this outlet many years ago. Hihihi....and then mao at Bua Khao.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This time of the year, there are many makeshift beer gardens, usually near big shopping centre. The bigger ones usually have live band. Usually, the beer gardens are managed by either Chang or Singha and sometimes Heineken. In Pattaya, the two venues for big scale beer garden are the podium facing the beach at Central Festival and and Central Marina.

A10BABBB-DB35-4D3E-B826-72AEC3E82AA7_zpsxa283ofz.jpg