• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I believe I have posted about the consequences of getting caught having e -ciggies in Pattaya many months ago but couldnt find the post.

Anyway, I will say again. Its a seizable offense if caught during road block and spot checks.

The fine can be up to 100,000 baht and jail term plus pay taxes. I know there are stalls selling openly in night markets but dont even think of buying unless 100,000 baht and jail in chonburi prison is sup sup soi to you.

Smoking is bad for health :p

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss Thailand 2017's back home. Could give up my right arm for her (and my left arm can still do wonderful things with her) :biggrin::p
ebcfe6eb9357410f91520609a1cb2319-jpg.34925

Actually she appeared many times in Froggy's food postings if you have been observant enough:wink:.

To be frank, this type of pretty faces Baccara has plenty too. When they are off duty and dress like Miss Thailand, you really can't tell. So you better not go Baccara, lest you lose both your arms.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she forgot to apply anti-perspirant on her armpits.
Au naturel, comes with the territory :p

....she appeared many times in Froggy's food postings if you have been observant enough:wink:. ...type of pretty faces Baccara has plenty too. When they are off duty and dress like Miss Thailand, you really can't tell. So you better not go Baccara, lest you lose both your arms.
He's the lucky dude. Sounds like you sampled Baccara's wares in WS Patts?:wink: Nah, beer goggles can be your undoing. Come the morning after, you'll wonder what the cat's dragged in, sans makeup etc :eek:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucikily last month I just renew my motorsai license before waiting for it to expire as Land Transport Department is going to implement new requirements for both Thais and foreigners regarding new or extending drivers license. Also senior citizens like me now need medical certificate to indicate applicant is free from 5 diseases. This is in respond to the deadly traffic accident that happened in Pattaya recently.

Effective date will be March 2561/2018. Will also include fingerprints biometric in new license.

Advise those who going to take driving license or convert or renew(3 months before expiry) to do soon before March 2561. Thai drivIng license becoming more and more difficult to get.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore licence got par ghay in Thailand leh.
Yes, my understanding is if staying not longer than 90 days. or exit every 90 days, can drive using Sinkie driving license. If more than 90 days, IDP with Sinkie license or local driving license is required.

Heng arh, i have both Sinkie and Thai licenses for both cars and motorsai. sinkie license no expiry date. Thai one expired in 2023. 555. Also dont know I can live until then or not.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although me quite adventurous in trying out new food but will skip this one. Prefer my black soya sauce (ao tao tiu) with half boiled eggs.

New style of eating Ice cream with Black soya sauce.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most people will know what is Mai Pen Rai ไม่เป็รไร which means never mind.

Actually where I stay now and all parts of North East Thailand and Laos use “Bo Pen Yang” บ่เป็นหยัง

Here is a song from the famous Kong HuayRai. Dont worry if you cannot understand as most of his songs is in Issan dialect.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just in moments ago. From 25 december 2560/2017 onwards, motorsai rider and pillon rider must all wear helmet. Mata will arrest, fine and detain motorsai of offender.

Actually old law but not enforced. This time look very serious. Actually there was a time about 5-6 years ago, mata also kee siao and enforce this in pattaya until everyone guai guai wear helmet. That was the time where cheap motorsai helmet have a new nick name call ‘gan tam ruat’ means ‘protect from mata’. If you go to motorsai shop and tell them you want ‘gan tam ruat’, they know you are refering to cheap helmets just for avoiding being catch by mata.

Looks like cheap motorsai helmets is going to sell like hot cakes soon. Cheap helmets cost around Thb 120.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siam lor many fake matas going around to cheat money. The real mata came out with an online database of all real matas. User just need to go to website and enter either the first name or surname or both to search the database. The search will also return the rank and photo or the mata if there is any.

Just go to the following url in the screen cap.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just in moments ago. From 25 december 2560/2017 onwards, motorsai rider and pillon rider must all wear helmet. Mata will arrest, fine and detain motorsai of offender.

Actually old law but not enforced. This time look very serious. Actually there was a time about 5-6 years ago, mata also kee siao and enforce this in pattaya until everyone guai guai wear helmet. That was the time where cheap motorsai helmet have a new nick name call ‘gan tam ruat’ means ‘protect from mata’. If you go to motorsai shop and tell them you want ‘gan tam ruat’, they know you are refering to cheap helmets just for avoiding being catch by mata.

Looks like cheap motorsai helmets is going to sell like hot cakes soon. Cheap helmets cost around Thb 120.

It's very inconvenient for the occasional pillion riders, especially for office ladies in Bangkok. It's not likely that the pillion rider will bring his or her own helmet, and if you use the "spare" one provided by your friendly motorsai lapzhang, the issue of hygiene cannot be ignored, bearing in mind the hot weather in Thailand. I wouldn't want to wear the same helmet that had just been worn by a shitskin.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's very inconvenient for the occasional pillion riders, especially for office ladies in Bangkok. It's not likely that the pillion rider will bring his or her own helmet, and if you use the "spare" one provided by your friendly motorsai lapzhang, the issue of hygiene cannot be ignored, bearing in mind the hot weather in Thailand. I wouldn't want to wear the same helmet that had just been worn by a shitskin.
Easy. Use a shower cap or swimming cap or even one of those fashion multi purpose headgear.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hot!!! Part 2 of Richard Milles and Big big diamond and Pui Kia DPM

Siam kia csi team (CSI LA) just dig out Pui Kia was wearing another model of Richard Milles watch. This one slightly cheaper lor, around 4 million baht nia. Cheaper compare to the first one.

Also the size of the diamond was determind to be somewhere between 5 to 7 carat. Well, the price you can go google it.

CSI LA is quite famous in Thailand as they have help solved many cases including the four face buddha bombing and some high profile hit and run case.

KNNBCCB limpeh diamond so big and shiny until blind almost blind limpeh eyes!