• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine too they are so loyal, understanding, demand some things, caring to the family and simply lovely

View attachment 32271

You should keep a cat.
The cat will roll on your grave and look after you. Your doggies at best will pee on your gravestone.

Heartbroken cat misses her dead owner so much she has spent a year living on her GRAVE in Indonesia

39E988A400000578-0-image-a-84_1477923467357.jpg

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems they cannot live without sugar. Like you whenever I order any food especially from their tzechar stalls or any restaurants I'll specifically tell them no sugar. You see even their curries are sweet and thats the flavour they like. I've cooked for my Thai friends our style of curry they will ask me for sugar, I at first felt not happy but then its just them their preference of their habit.

A new research, 9 year long, has undeniable proof that sugar help cancer to thrive.
https://www.sciencealert.com/a-nine-year-study-has-just-shown-how-sugar-exacerbates-cancer

It is way more than just getting obese. I wonder if the Thais will know about it and view it seriously. Processed Sugar ( not refer to natural sugar) is generally a toxic. Most sugar condiment ( krueang Proong) on the food dining table are processed sugar. This, of course, include those sugared drinks too and the sugar that is added on most Thai cookings.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Famous beef kopi tiam at Hua Hin, with wide selection. With chicken side dish, plus rice. The clear soup side was yum for my bland taste buds. All for princely sum thb160 incl water
IMG_1036.PNG
IMG_1037.PNG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Chaophya Veg massage last Friday and another known as Day Spa on Saturday

H8Vmr3Y.jpg

f9amXtC.jpg

lRjRdwu.jpg

Room
QoI2AKO.jpg

New price
4rATmaC.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saturday had 3hrs spare before dinner passed by this spa looks very highclass so decided to go check it out. Was very good indeed. Did a 2hrs Aroma massage only 2,400 baht or $95

Lobby counter
jdInbxN.jpg

Huge lobby very comfy and impressive
qzSzoda.jpg

s03vISr.jpg

AW2ftQr.jpg

eDvQ5z9.jpg

jWz23Gi.jpg

c3X1Oii.jpg

3 storeys
Za7fBF6.jpg

My masseue
aZ9wvWP.jpg

OUPOSHD.jpg

The room
l6abrOV.jpg

xoZelMY.jpg

Prices
puQ8fOR.jpg

zfpU9pO.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's likely any visitors to Thailand have seen or even ate at a Chai See stall. Chai See ชายสี่ (ชาย4) is the biggest Baa Mee Giow franchise in Thailand (not that aroi but eatable, in my opinion).

The standard of this franchise varies. Some stalls really CMI. So far, this is one of the few Chai See stall that still worth eating.

Chai See stall

THB 40 - Baa Mee Haeng (Dry noodle) - This is not piset, I sort of regular here so Khun Paa (Auntie) give more moo daeng and vege.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fino change engine oil at regular motosai repair shop. 120 baht. No fix schedule for changing, change everytime feel engine sound have 'something wrong'.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Second day of vegetarian festival. This mix rice vegetarain rice at lotas is thb 45. Many shops will have vegetarian menus or there are many makeshift vegetarian stalls during this time.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
@chonburifc hiso eat at food court, my chap chye png breakfast yesterday

35 baht ($1.45) - omelette; taugua taugay; chicken with ginger. Free soup, free water, free tissue paper :biggrin:

2BEB6B65-7BFA-48E9-8F22-99829A0B339A.jpeg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Fino change engine oil at regular motosai repair shop. 120 baht. No fix schedule for changing, change everytime feel engine sound have 'something wrong'.
That would be a bit too late if you ask me. The time to change engine oil is "before something goes wrong from lack of lubrication".

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spotted this mobile gas stand on a country trunk road, between H Hin and Kaeng Krachan (national park). Saw 1 motorcyclist putting thb10 (@thb35/litre), enough to get going.

IMG_1208.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wild mushrooms picked by farm hand from the forest at Kaeng Krachan. Apparently, comes on only for 2 weeks in Oct once a year. Not a mushroom fan, but tasted yum after cooking with some spices

IMG_1204.JPG