• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks, I always like this dish with lots of Thai pepper, I guess you too right?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! :smile:

Guys, today I tried out something simple and yet no chance to do. This is Macaroni Soup with Chicken. I copy this dish from my old folks and modify a little to cater to both local and ang moh taste.

20130228_172413_zpsff29e4d9.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys, I feel a little shy to show you all something here but here is it.

My staff after traveling to Bangkok last year has been begging to eat Thai noodles they missed it so much. I told them I will cook for them, one promise after another.

Finally this trip I here for 11 days I go no more excuse so last Sunday setup "stall" in my warehouse and whipped up some Thai beef noodles for them. They came in on Monday and was surprised to find it for breakfast. This was enough for two days breakfasts for 9 staff.

Almost all ingredients I hand carry from Thailand including the noodles and meatballs, the rest of the meat I purchased and cooked here in my office.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I chose these because I have been using this in my Thai home for 4 years. Good for frying anything to get wok smell of course wok must be right, tiger woks are good.

For the above cooking no need the turbo feature la, actually its not turbo its just letting air come in. Real turbo stoves comes with air compressors.[/

Hehehe. These 2 stoves Tok Kong right? Got turbo one. :smile:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro joetys

Your beef noodles look aroi mak... your staff are have makan fortune :-)

ke ke ke next time I'll do Thai desserts for them.

joe your staff travelled to bkk but beg to eat thai noodles?

I sent 6 staff to Bangkok for meetings last year around October. They had Thai noodles and love it. So whenever I come here in Jakarta they will say and say and say they missed the noodles. I can't be sending there for noodles right? So I made for them la.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Puri (a district in Jakarta) for meeting at noon in PX Pavilion building, found a Thai Somboon restaurant. Took some photos. Asked staff if its the original restaurant from Thailand she said its not but the chef is a Thai. Will go try one day.

The outside
18DCB92B-FD18-49A6-8AA2-5A7B9026013A-1215-000000B81A8580F1.jpg

The inside
6C06EA5E-1866-47D0-A9DA-2395C02BD363-1215-000000B81277BE5B.jpg

13FF2788-558C-45DD-ACEC-6ADC9D67D638-1206-0000018EBC7C2E58.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Almost all ingredients I hand carry from Thailand including the noodles and meatballs, the rest of the meat I purchased and cooked here in my office.

04.jpg

Love the balls.
I seldom eat beef but always make an exception for good balls.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Love the balls.
I seldom eat beef but always make an exception for good balls.

I bought 2 brands of Indonesia's best beef balls for this to try and everyone including me don't want to eat the local ones. In fact took just one bite and spit it out, the bite can immediately tell its too much flour and so little meat for the Indonesia beef balls. Thai best best.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ke ke ke next time I'll do Thai desserts for them.

I sent 6 staff to Bangkok for meetings last year around October. They had Thai noodles and love it. So whenever I come here in Jakarta they will say and say and say they missed the noodles. I can't be sending there for noodles right? So I made for them la.

Ok
Indonesia staff