• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

bobian lah. this kaki help us a lot when we first started. till now still introduce gao li look ka.

problem now is cook scratch head. how to make tom yam and yam woon sen and other dishes mai spicy.

i tot korean can take spicy food?

their food always red in color too.

then again, i never fancy korean food.

u can make or get some sushi? they like sushi too but dont call it sushi as the korean insist they invented sushi and the goddammed japanese copy them.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i tot korean ..their food always red in color too.
then again, i never fancy korean food. korean insist they invented sushi and the goddammed japanese copy them.
Sama2 here, cannot stomach blxxdy kimchi. Into everything Korean makan:(:p

And the bitter rivalry with japs...

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

gao li fren ask for local food but not spicy. this is something challenging cos' lots of local dishes will taste totally different when 'unspicified'.

today is very hot and humid.

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

u can make or get some sushi? they like sushi too but dont call it sushi as the korean insist they invented sushi and the goddammed japanese copy them.

Korean sushi is called kim bap.. Rice is similar to Japanese/Australian short-grained sticky rice but they use seasame oil instead of vinegar. Roll with seaweed wrap. Ingredients can be carrot, egg, cucumber, spinach, pickled veggie (can't remember the exact one) etc...

panzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

gao li fren ask for local food but not spicy. this is something challenging cos' lots of local dishes will taste totally different when 'unspicified'.

today is very hot and humid.

Bro chon

Less chilli powder and pepper?

Korean food can be quite spicy e.g. doo buk ki (rice cake stew) and even normal kimchi they add chilli powder. Maybe less pepper as generally korean food not as much pepper? Just my 2 cents, not an expert in Korean food...keke.. but have interest in hangul mal and of course hanguk yeo jia...keke...

http://www.trifood.com/food.asp

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

bobian lah. this kaki help us a lot when we first started. till now still introduce gao li look ka.

problem now is cook scratch head. how to make tom yam and yam woon sen and other dishes mai spicy.

I would tell the customers "mai spicy mai jiak". Luckily I'm not a kopitiam owner or it will very fast go under.

jw5

Loyal

There is one korean dish that I like very much.
Their cold noodles with the spicy sauce, it's called (bibim)naengmyeon. Really spicy and tasty.
There's also a soup version, cold noodles with cold soup, but this one is an acquired taste.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

kao li spicy quite different from los spicy. kao li spicy is mainly hot at nose and throat whereas los spicy is hot a the tongue and lips. all because los use this. :p

20130227_180705_zps1f7745d3.jpg

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hello everyone in Bangkok and Pattaya greetings from Chiangmai

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok my friends from kao li arrive liaoz. not sure our non spicy tom yam and yam woon sen can make it or not.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ok i got one new potential. like my kopitiam mak mak. hehehe. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. gao li guest check bin liaoz. nows its look toong time. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hehehe. one last song for my korea friends. hehehe. tonight i am youtube dj. simi song also can play. :smile:

20130227_223137_zps759a19d2.jpg