• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thais are liars, expert liars, first and foremost, especially Thai women. That was drilled into me years ago by, surprising by a farang American colleage in Bangkok, managing my boss' apartment partnership in Bangkok. It was my first trip to Bangkok. He could already speak conversational Thai. I knew nothing else of Thai except Sawat dee khrap and Sabai sabai. He was actually a Syrian-American, a Muslim indeed. But he didn't give a damn about alcohol or non-halal food or fucking around, just avoid pork, that's all. Very nice friendly guy, especially when I needed a helping and guiding hand. Tough guy too,, served Syrian army NS as Lta.

But there's two facets of Thai lying, one's for money and one's for face. For money, fuck them off. For face, if you like their face, give face and let them off. They'll understand and appreciate.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thais are liars, expert liars, first and foremost, especially Thai women. That was drilled into me years ago by, surprising by a farang American colleage in Bangkok, managing my boss' apartment partnership in Bangkok. It was my first trip to Bangkok. He could already speak conversational Thai. I knew nothing else of Thai except Sawat dee khrap and Sabai sabai. He was actually a Syrian-American, a Muslim indeed. But he didn't give a damn about alcohol or non-halal food or fucking around, just avoid pork, that's all. Very nice friendly guy, especially when I needed a helping and guiding hand. Tough guy too,, served Syrian army NS as Lta.

you kena cheated by thai woman before ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
yes bro..its good you lower your expectation in thai especially you are going to stay there for long ...having a negative mind will not do us any good when we are living in their country ...end of the day its us who will suffer .

thailand is often referred to as "the land of smiles", as first time travelers are often captivated by the friendly smiles of the local thais. little known to tourists, more often than not there is something more behind the smile than just a welcoming gesture. a more sinister side to thailand that is not advertised in the travel brochures, and most tourists may never experience this during their short visits. for the most part, tourists are treated quite well in thailand, aside from falling victim to two tier pricing that can have foreigners expected to pay as much as five times greater fees than thais. the practice of two tier pricing is widespread in thailand, that seems to be endorsed by the government and the tourism authority of thailand. most of the country's national parks, zoos and museums have a separate price for foreigners that is far greater than the fees charged to thais .

aha you just touched on a raw nerve about two tier pricing I really cannot take it. Went to parks got to pay differently. Its not about the money but the double standards. Sickening knn.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
pii, new car cannot drive leaw leaw like that one. must break in cha cha. just like a new girl.

camera awesome has a new update that has zoom. Too bad I didn't have it when I was at a model show last week when that actress Cris from Rot Fai Fah Maha na ter was strutting. She looks much better in real life.

Now about 500km liao can la. Yes these camera apps are better than the official one.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Alamaking this video dedicated to you, I hope the ending is same same for you

[video=youtube;YFOQOuyjU5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFOQOuyjU5Q[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aha you just touched on a raw nerve about two tier pricing I really cannot take it. Went to parks got to pay differently. Its not about the money but the double standards. Sickening knn.

yes..i understand your feeling its not about money its like being cheated ..

in thailand the life of a burmese worker is worth less than that of a dog, the way the burmese are treated is truly shocking. at one trip to the immigration office in phuket town, i saw dozens of burmese men, women and children, sweating in a ten foot by ten foot concrete cell, with no food, no water, no toilet. In the heat of the day there wasn't as much as a fan. i thought to myself, if only the tourists could see this shocking sight .. then what would they say about the land of smiles?

another case that comes to mind is a high profile case of a serial rapist in phuket.... a local thai man posing as a police officer, kidnapped several Nepalese women and raped them repeatedly..... the courts refused to try him for rape, saying that the evidence suggested that the women had not made any reasonable attempt to escape.... the nepalese community protested that the women believed the man was a police officer, and that any attempt to escape would result in more severe punishment. when i hear stories like this, It makes me realize that my personal experiences of racism in thailand pale in comparison. the fact is that these are issues that need to be discussed, as much as people want to believe that thailand is truly the land of smiles, they need to know that not everyone is smiling. different nationality received different smile in thailand :wink:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamaking this video dedicated to you, I hope the ending is same same for you

Alamaking should stick to PRC 劉詩詩. If Alamaking kanna KC by Thai sao sao, this is a more likely ending:

bankrupt.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
the fact is that these are issues that need to be discussed, as much as people want to believe that thailand is truly the land of smiles, they need to know that not everyone is smiling. different nationality received different smile in thailand :wink:

Thais are extremely proud people they will not discuss these things, no hope la

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just had another one, a little stone now, goodnight fellas, love it when mrs not around can do the pot anytime.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you kena cheated by thai woman before ?

No. I attended Thai kindergarten to SAP school before handling my first Thai woman. :biggrin:

But to be fair and gentleman, I did give my last Thai GF Bht50,000 before sending her back to Payao. The most I could do, fairly and gentlemanly.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No. I attended Thai kindergarten to SAP school before handling my first Thai woman. :biggrin:

But to be fair and gentleman, I did give my last Thai GF Bht50,000 before sending her back to Payao. The most I could do, fairly and gentlemanly.

why must you give her money ? she asked for it ? she tell you her papa mama brother sister sick ?