• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like to share an incident with some of my LOS kakis in this forum...:smile:

I was browsing magazine @ 7 Eleven and suddenly Bayi approached me and commented on my looks. He pointed to a certain feature on my face and claimed I "duang" very the "dee". I was thinking, KNN, so difficult to make money these days, still "duang dee" ? He claimed to be an Ajarn, and showed me his "pass".

Then came the million-dollar question. He said I had something on my shoulder, and he could see very clearly. He asked me to "bhloy plaa, bhloy nok.." and my life would be even better. I told him "duang dee", but I "mai mee tang loei" ? He asked me what I do for a living. He said "got money come in, difficult to keep". In my mind I was thinking "it's the way round" because I'm a very thrifty person - eat little, spend little. I always go for "value for money" stuff.

Then I told him : "But I mai mee faen loei.."

Then he said my previous life I "tam barb"..."tam hai puying sia jai mak mak"

So I asked him: "Then what must I do to help the puying "khng sawan" ?"

So he asked me for my 生辰八字。I say "fcuk off!"
Don't know is it coincidence. I also encountered before and in BKK (The Mall Bangkapi). Why must be Bayi? Watch Rueang Jing Pan Jor and ever got cashier kena hypnotized by these Bayis and surrender the cash to them. Even have CCTV footage showing the cashier handling the money to the Bayis.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Chinese Words become Box

If this is for the office, why not consider one of the single-serve, auto brewing machines like Keurig, Tassimo, Nespresso, Senseo etc? My office in Bangkok has a couple of Keurigs - so they must be available in Thailand.

The coffee beans come in a sealed plastic cup. You pop-in a cup into the machine and it brew a single-serve fresh for you. The range of beans/roasts are amazing - in my office alone, I counted more than 20 available, and they rotate the flavors monthly.

An espresso machine isn't the only way to brew a cup. I find that good fresh whole beans and grinding them just before brewing to be more important that the method of brewing.
Still considering all options but most likely to get one that is easy to use and low maintenance. Not too many options in Pattaya unless I come all the way to BKK to get one.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KYP, could have been worse ..if that turban guy gets away with other tricks:p

Excuse my ignorance, what's 'king sawan' puying?:confused:

PS: Raised you some so you get idea where your pts coming in

The best way to Tam Boon is to come walking street. Many sao sao will appreciate. :smile:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Young man, me cannot redeem with proverbial 9 (or 7 heavenly virgins?) -bad sinner, no religion:o May the dark force be with you:p
Don't worry. Tam Boon means making merit (Doing Charity). Anyone (Got religion, no religion or those all gods also believe) are welcome to do charity at walking street. Wow! this is meaningful!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean buy the 20 baht-balls and start throwing onto the stage ?
Yes, that will be a good charity. Buy LD, can only help 1 or 2 sao sao. Throw ping pongs, can help more sao saos. :wink:

So what did the Bayi say to you ?
Can't remember the exact phrase. But he wrote a few set of numbers and told me to buy the lottery according to the numbers on the paper. Bayi told me 'Ja Ruay Pai Nai Arthit Nee' (Will be rich in this week). I just ignored him. That was 5-6 years ago.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So he asked me for my 生辰八字。I say "fcuk off!"

I didn't know 生辰八字 is also practised Thailand. It began with the invention Chinese calendar and clock. The 8 characters are your year, month, date and time of birth. 4 x 2 chracters each = 8. It was used in ancient Chinese birth certificates but somehow used for divination of destiny. I don't think most of us know our 生辰八字 now. But it can be converted back from the data on your modern birth certificate if you have the conversation charts.

Technically, you can have 生辰八字 in modern format too, but in all numerals instead of mystical ancient characters, YY/MM/DD/HH.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yeah, better return to LOS soon. These few weeks, all the arb nam joints 'liao chor' (lose big) because of your absence. :smile:

knn Japs damn serious in meetings keep repeat and repeat and repeat I seriously need a drink soon if not I will go crazy. Still in meting now do you believe it?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn Japs damn serious in meetings keep repeat and repeat and repeat I seriously need a drink soon if not I will go crazy. Still in meting now do you believe it?
Don't worry, though you overwork and underpaid today, the Japs will reward you later by bringing you out for a nice rub or maybe eat fresh abalone leh. :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about BKK, this is still a common sight in Pattaya and upcountry. Yes, Ice Kachang. Pai Seh for the resolution. Maximum zoom liaoz.

08fd6e42.jpg

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
noted. i think also 命 can.....since fortune telling can mean 算命 also.
Yeah, think Duang is a sort of all. One popular past time for the locals is go look for Mor Doo to Doo Duang. Was present in one session. The Mor Doo is usually call Sa Dej Por (man) or Sa Dej Mae (woman).