• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this situation I think no country will qualify you for citizenship. I am sure there is nothing you can do about it. Only thing I can think of is if someone overseas willing to employ you and you could start from there for citizenship.

So sad, sigh....want to escape clutches of pap really so hard?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EraeCEYUUAIlx2W.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OPINION: WE’VE HAD ENOUGH OF COVID CONFUSION FROM GOV’T
By
Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer
-
January 10, 2021 8:00 am
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...weve-had-enough-of-covid-confusion-from-govt/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...covid-confusion-from-govt/&via=KhaosodEnglish
https://vk.com/share.php?url=https:...weve-had-enough-of-covid-confusion-from-govt/
Dtbezn3nNUxytg04OOWb5mfGgVwVfVEwsMWQ0nCAYcusth-3-696x493.jpg

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha visits a state-run coronavirus quarantine facility in Bangkok on April 12, 2020.
lg.php

Confusion, confusion and more confusions can be expected if the government doesn’t learn from this week.
As the government tries to contain the second outbreak of coronavirus, new regulations were passed, then hours later repeal, rescinded or reversed, again and again. Examples over the past week include whether parts of Thailand will be in a lockdown, whether on-site dining at restaurants in Bangkok ends at 7pm and whether the government’s tracking App is mandatory.

Do not ask me whether one can still travel from Bangkok to Chon Buri, both red-zones which means highly infected areas and restricted, without a government permit. Don’t ask me how long fitness gyms will be closed or how much longer can you buy booze legally. Things seem to be changing with little notice within hours and there’s no point trying to write a definitive rule that could be reversed in just a few hours.
What I am more interested in this column is to try to understand and explain all the confusions. Basically, it boils down to a few factors.

Let’s start from a positive explanation. The government of Gen Prayut Chan-ocha is basically like a cook trying to balance the various tastes to come up with the best dish. In this case as Prayut said himself earlier this week, he’s trying to strike a balance between protecting public health and the economy.

Let’s face it, the government cannot keep on borrowing money with no end and avoid the economy sinking into the abyss. Last year was already a painful period and if anything, Prayut must have learned that you cannot save people if you push more into unemployment and destitution.
So instead of a nation-wide lockdown that would lead to massive state compensation for workers affected, the government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration spokesman Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Sunday that they won’t even use the word lockdown because by doing so “there must be some [state] compensations”.
Like fuzzy logic, Prayut is trying to strike a balance. Bear with him and his men while they try to figure out how much non-lockdown lockdown is too much or too little.

On Thursday when Taweesin said live on TV during his daily update that coronavirus patients who were found without virus tracking application would be prosecuted, it didn’t take long before he reversed the course.
It took a few hours of public outcry by netizens, civil rights and privacy activists before he did a U-turn. Taweesin and the government apparently realized it was too much and the public won’t put up with it and on Friday, he apologized on TV.
Well, even if one gives the best benefit of the doubt to Prayut and his men, one hopes they could have communicated better among themselves and be more sincere before issuing the latest order. Take dine-in restriction time for example.

Why did Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang on Monday noon wasted his time and face ordering all restaurants not to allow dine from 7pm to 6am only to see Prayut repealing it within hours before it even came into effect and extended it to 9pm to 6am instead?
This clearly shows a lack of communication and coordination among various key figures in charge.
The dine-in case shows that Prayut, despite trying to relegate authorities to all governors to decide how best to control the outbreak, with nearly 10,000 accumulated infections as of this weekend, still clings to power and reverse decisions by others whom he relegated powers if he disagrees.
Decentralization is easier said than done for Prayut, a former junta leader, as he overrides the order of the Bangkok governor.
Yes, I personally think that dine-in restrictions from 9pm makes more sense and I was told by Taniwan Koommongkon, president of Thai Restaurant Association on Wednesday that the association desperately warned the prime minister of the dire economic consequences after learning about the Bangkok governor’s decision.
I wish the three could have just held a Zoom conference for 5 minutes before the government would make the public more confused as they are in fear enough with the second pandemic outbreak.

Taniwan told me that Aswin could have rang her up. And as Wednesday, after the governor’s order was overridden, City Hall didn’t even bother to contact her to discuss the best way to balance public health and the economy going forward.
Hopefully there will be less U-turn, more coordination, more listening, sincerity and less confusions.
A week of confusion should suffice. The public deserve better.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not particularly happy with the black pepper crab at Jumbo Seafood restaurant over New Year, thought go try their Chili crab over the weekend.

Had the fried rice again which I like
QGBVmJu.jpg

and the sambal kangkong
FN1VkJ8.jpg

Ordered the sweet and sour snow fish, just so so this dish
iADBjyF.jpg

Coffee pork ribs, this is really nice
PeeZm8o.jpg

Roast chicken, again this is just so so
UN9zm0R.jpg

Lunch
Dvmw9Q9.jpg

I was very excited when the legendary Jumbo chili crab came
TTMI4XK.jpg

Was really disappointed when I saw the gravy. Immedately I know its a watered down dish compared to the original in Singapore
9mALVGl.jpg

This is my Jumbo Chili crab - the sauce is thin, sweet and sour more like its full of ketchup sauce than the original and so little egg. A complete waste of time really

compare to this photo from internet
Jumbo-Seafood-crab.jpg

Dessert deep fried durian
ece4X5o.jpg

This is one dessert I'd love

Reactions: jw5

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Wish" is not the same as "Can"...

can.

unless you are prevented by stinky police or at changi airport,

you can buy a ticket move to some random country and start a new life, from scratch. see how well you fare. if you like it, forget abt stinkypura.

if not, go back to stinkypura and repeat the task in another country

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ypu shouod talk about your financial status, what ypu want rental or citizenship and who you are going with. Then do you expect to stay overseas for life or what?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Made a simple traditional dish for breakfast with rice - steam pork with salted fish

After marinating the chopped pork with salt and pepper and a little light soya-sauce and some pounded salted fish I assemble the dish like this
FcCVliv.jpg

And then garnish with ginger, chili and spring onions
qfrAx3U.jpg

And then

Breakfast is served
6r5KIL8.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New outbreak to slash Bt140bn off Thai trade, tourism:
TMB Analytics

National
Jan 14. 2021
800_916e12c86cb92dd.jpg

By THE NATION

TMB Analytics said the biggest economic fallout would be felt by the central and eastern red-zone provinces, where trade and tourism accounts for 23 per cent of GDP. It forecast the fresh outbreak, which began in mid-December, would cost these provinces Bt128 billion.

The top three worst impacted provinces would be Bangkok, which would lose Bt81.42 billion, Chonburi (Bt15.46 billion) and Phuket (Bt2.79 billion).

TMB Analytics suggested the government should issue remedial measures to support business operators including shops, restaurants and entertainment venues.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LA NINA YEAR RESPONSIBLE FOR THAILAND’S DEADLY COLD SPELL
By
Khaosod English
-
January 13, 2021 3:26 pm
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-responsible-for-thailands-deadly-cold-spell/
70360_M61qLep-copy-696x449.png

People in Korat city gather around a fire on Jan. 13, 2021 during a nationwide cold spell.
lg.php

BANGKOK — The usually sweltering, humid Bangkok has seen temperatures as low as 16C this week, while three people already died from the unusual cold weather in the countryside.
The weather, which is forcing many Bangkokians to put on jackets when venturing outdoors and contemplate skipping morning showers, is expected to continue throughout the week, said meteorologist Seree Supratid, director of the Climate Change & Disaster Center.

“The cold weather’s been here since Monday, and will last through today. After that it will get slightly hotter before dipping down again around Sunday,” Seree said by phone Wednesday.
Read: Thailand’s Cool Season Will Be Cooler This Year

Seree said that the cold spell was due to a high pressure system from China and La Nina, a natural phenomenon where sea surface temperatures in the equatorial Pacific are lower than normal. It’s the opposite of El Nino, where the oceans are warmer for a part of the cycle.
“It’s a La Nina year, so it’s just colder than normal,” Seree said. “But due to global warming, temperatures worldwide are higher anyway.”

He says those with sensitive allergies to changing temperatures should take note and bundle up – but the cool, of course, won’t last long. Thailand usually enters the hot season in March, seeing sweltering temperatures around 40C.
The Thai Meteorological Department said that the country would see cooler weather through Sunday, with lows of 7 to 12 C and highs of 26C Wednesday.
Temperatures will range from 12C to 31C Thursday to Saturday, and between 8C and 30C on Sunday and Monday. Northern mountaintops can be as freezing as 2C.
There have been at least three cases of people in the north and northeast dying from the cold. Samneang Nontapot, 65, was found dead Wednesday in Nong Khai province while keeping watch over his outdoor garden through the night. On Monday a man in Udon Thani who drank and slept outside was found dead.

Bangkok will see temperatures between 18C and 34C until Sunday, and a dip after: next Monday and Tuesday will likely experience temperatures between lows of 16C and 31C.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another steaming dish for breakfast - Steam Egg with Pork

CtVPNz0.jpg

Finally having this with white rice

kHrG3C8.jpg

The process

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset