• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friend sent this from Pattaya. You can now sit across Pattaya Klang
6485c365-e5eb-4140-9618-169f555b3017.jpg

Soi 7 is deader than dead
5a3ebbdd-9148-4d74-b2cc-685b4342abc6.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have been craving for Singapore's chili crab and black pepper crab for almost a year. Discovered there is a Singapore Jumbo Seafood in IconSiam mall so went to try them out onNew Year's Day

The restaurant

oJdyxn4.jpg

dI0syW6.jpg

Outside sitting by the Chaophraya River
n0UDfwZ.jpg

kYSAc7j.jpg

Famous Singha beer
WrgLUx8.jpg

Sambal kangkong
ED5hYpJ.jpg

H4za4ym.jpg

Salted fish chicken fried rice
Y6BkYX0.jpg

The soup - 佛跳墙

Here comes the black pepper crab
wL3BXHM.jpg

7BJ9GNO.jpg

0Ta0LbT.jpg

If you ask me, the black pepper crab taste nothing like in Singapore so don't waste your time with this dish. Sambal kangkong was good though.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
By the way in Thailand one of Covid's regulation is no alcohol served and consumed in any dining establishment. Anyway its not the end of the world as people gets creative.

Felt like having pizza tonight so where else have the best pizza in town?

Schweppes for the evening
DTrh5pk.jpg

Extraordinary Italian seafood (not in the menu, special request)
VuYLaju.jpg

Italian sausage with Thai herbs saute
C8mRo1Z.jpg

This is what we came for
7dQAu3A.jpg

Finished with Tiramisu and Panna cotta
EsAZ4zC.jpg

An enjoyable evening indeed
VyVkdwe.jpg

Reactions: jw5

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Novice here, how to get a overseas citizenship easily without millions $ and cancel my Singapore citizenship?
Yours is very broad question, with complex inferences. And do you really expect a straight answer here?
I want to ask the same thing froggy
Perhaps the immigration folder here will help address your concerns?

Don't think Thais hand out citizenships like bread rolls. You can try long term stay visa conditions here:

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/non-immigrant-visa-o-a-long-stay

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually whats so broad and complex? To give up Singapore citizenship, you need a new citizenship. What is fastest and cheapest way to get one?

One can work in 1st world countries and then get citizenship or buy properties and get one in Cyprus . But what if neither options are available? No skill and no $ but still want to get out, what to do?

Learning a plumbing skill and getting a licence take time too.

Yours is very broad question, with complex inferences. And do you really expect a straight answer here?

Perhaps the immigration folder here will help address your concerns?

Don't think Thais hand out citizenships like bread rolls. You can try long term stay visa conditions here:

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/types-of-visa/non-immigrant-visa-o-a-long-stay

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charming, small cafe aptly named SabaiJai. Pork chop with panang sauce, very tender (and club sandwich was exquisite)

image_50460417.JPG
image_67200513.JPG

Reactions: jw5

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually whats so broad and complex? To give up Singapore citizenship, you need a new citizenship. What is fastest and cheapest way to get one?

One can work in 1st world countries and then get citizenship or buy properties and get one in Cyprus . But what if neither options are available? No skill and no $ but still want to get out, what to do?

Learning a plumbing skill and getting a licence take time too.
You dont have to give up anything. Thaipand can extend visa if you know the right people. What you want is speed

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
But what if neither options are available? No skill and no $ but still want to get out, what to do?

In this situation I think no country will qualify you for citizenship. I am sure there is nothing you can do about it. Only thing I can think of is if someone overseas willing to employ you and you could start from there for citizenship.