• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the intro bro. My ajarn's name is luang por Johnny. He is very powerful. And he is everywhere. He have many robes, red, black, green, gold and blue. But the favorite coler is blue.

His always tells us we must 'keep walking'.
luang phor johnny got another is SWING! frankly i never seen swing before until i was in LOS.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ki ngiao means very stingy in thai i suppose as opposed to simply ngiao.

Anyone of you hear thais say E here, E dog?

Ao toot?
Ee dok means whore.
Short for dok thong (golden flower) which has another meaning prostitute.
Ee is the classifier for women....Ai for men...both has laotian/issan origins.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this used in regular thai or only issan thai? If it's standard thai how to issan thais use it?
its standard now and every thai understands it but the terms Ee and Ai originated from Issan....just like Koo,Meung(me,you) terms considered rude forms of address but actually originated in issan and was generally not considered impolite just informal.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those been to Chiangmai, there are nice resorts in Mae Rim. There's one boutiquish (not the big sprawling type) Proud Phu Fa, which I stayed 3X last year. Nice, private and ...discreet, and doesn't have to cost arm and leg. Only 9 private villas.

Some (archive) pics from my getaways last
PPF1.jpg
Chabor will like 4 poster bed
pic_villa_no05.jpg
ppfoverall_03.jpg

Last edited:

JigSAW

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those been to Chiangmai, there are nice resorts in Mae Rim. There's one boutiquish (not the big sprawling type) Proud Phu Fa, which I stayed 3X last year. Nice, private and ...discreet, and doesn't have to cost arm and leg. Only 9 private villas.

Some (archive) pics from my getaways last
View attachment 4103
Chabor will like 4 poster bed
View attachment 4104
View attachment 4105

nice places to chill bro, how much is the rm per night?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken, cause the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing

爱也许没有回报, 希望会带来伤痛, 尝试可能会失败,
但我们必须去承担风险, 因为人生最大的风险在于没有风险可承担。

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk--and to act. - Andre Malraux

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken, cause the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing

爱也许没有回报, 希望会带来伤痛, 尝试可能会失败,
但我们必须去承担风险, 因为人生最大的风险在于没有风险可承担。

But it's a hazard moving around naked your with stuff. Might just hit the post if you're not careful with a 180 degrees turn.

Hazard what hazard, did I hear anyone say hazard here?

In HSR now just left Zuoying on the way to Taoyuen. Arriving in Tainan soon.