• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Malaysian’s experience working as a sales promoter in a local SME

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’m a Malaysian.

I previously work as management trainee for 2 year in a SME company and it is called “Executive Officer”. My pay is S$1,400 basic with S$200 for transportation as a degree holder.

I work 6 days weeks and one day work more than 12 hours. In January alone, I had work until 1.00am also.

All my work consist of being a promoter, merchandiser, stock taker and sales rep. The work is also a 2 years contract work. I do not have OT and commission at all. When I ask my manager, he said that I’m a degree holder and not a O level or SPM level holder. So no OT. I also do not have a copy of the contract as he said that it is the company policy that forbid me to have a copy of contract.

If I work less than 2 years, I need to give 2 months of notice and compensation depend on how much they train me. Hence, if I work 1 year, I need to pay them back 1 year of my salary. After 2 years, I need to give 3 months notice and within 5 years after I had leave the job, I am not permitted to work in the same industry. If they found out, I need to pay them 10 times my salary for the loses they incur because I work in the same industry.

During the 2 years that I work, I do not receive any confirmation letter than I had complete the training. My pay is always delay within the 7 days after the day that I started work.

Most of the Singaporean that come into this company do not last long at all. Most of them just work for one week to within one months only. Due to that, there are a lot of foreigner working in the company with contact such as me.

The China workers had it worst. Their passport is also being kept by the company and every month, their pay is being deducted by S100 as a deposit so that they do not run away.

This is also a SME family business.

Not all SME are bad.

The second job I get is Sales Coordinator job. The pay for probation is S$1450. It also do not tied us down with contract at all.

This company is a 5 days weeks job and the working time is fix from 8.30 am to 6.00pm. Usually, people just add in extra 10 to 15 minutes.

This company also provide lunch and tea time free for the workers

Everyone is very happy working in this company.

CHO HAKKAI

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What type degree graduated from which Uni?
Standard of writing machiam small girl's diary writing.
She deserves to be paid pittance.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if it is so bad, why does she continue to work here? Must hear the other side of the story.

Those working around Kranji happy like ______ $1,450 is RM 3,625, rent in Johor, JB is defintely cheaper...work end hop on bus cross the causeway go home, morning take same bus, pay in RM come to work....it is HEAVEN ON EARTH for the Malaysians.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heaven on earth for 1st class talents and citizens. For 3rd class sinkees it is hell on earth.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He do not have the right to request a copy of the contract?:confused:

The P.O.E.A. require the original copy of the contract, sealed & signed by the embassy in which the country the Filipino is going before they will issue a POEA cert for employment. The minumum salary must be stated, off days etc..T&C

How could we here allowed this to happen, work without a contract..no wonder we rank, what number in human trafficking!. Looks like 3rd world country look after their citizens better than we do. WHAT A SHAME.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm....why dont ask her to apply for bank jobs since shes a degree holder. Mths back i saw two Msian green card holder.

Position: Vice President
Company: One of the three local banks.

Is our local tat bad? Not qualified for VP post???:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I ask my manager, he said that I’m a degree holder and not a O level or SPM level holder. So no OT.
imho, i dont think the reason is degree holder. is the salary cap which determines whether there is OT.

The China workers had it worst. Their passport is also being kept by the company and every month, their pay is being deducted by S100 as a deposit so that they do not run away.
most shipyard/construction site/night joints, those under work permit usually the passport kept by the boss.

it seems like this msian guy is still green. how did he get his degree, i really dunno sia.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yawn! 7 early 8 morning you post this? And your point is?

His retarded point is we need to import FTs to be screwed by unscrupulous SMEs. Instead of recognising the problem lies with the SME... RonRon's twisted logic says "this is why we need to import FTs". Yet another own goal by RonRon.