• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Little Lost Here - What Time Is The End Of The World Today?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Waaaaaa impressive, you're so informative. Thanks bro. Where I am now looking out into the sea is pretty scarry, dark storm on the way.
null-1199.jpg

Goody Goody, the sky is clear the end did not come!!!!!!!!!!

null-670.jpg

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why 2016? The Mayan calender so fast 1 cycle already?

The world will end in 2016 but not bcos of the Mayan calendar but from global economic collapse. This time round no more camouflaging the bad news and every country will have to face the music. Occupy Wall Street will develop into Occupy World when the issue of inequality will come to a head and time for reckoning finally arrives. No clever argument can resolve the problem. Because of the accumulated effects over the years, it will be very difficult for any party to change anything substantial and the world will collapse into a Dark Age.

Last edited:

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The world will end in 2016 but not bcos of the Mayan calendar but from global economic collapse. This time round no more camouflaging the bad news and every country will have to face the music. Occupy Wall Street will develop into Occupy World when the issue of inequality will come a head and time for reckoning finally arrives. No clever argument can resolve the problem. Because of the accumulated effects over the years, it will be very difficult for any party to change anything substantial and the world will collapse into a Dark Age.

That was a refreshing post I thought you'd wanted to say about the next election. All these rumors are really causing unwanted panics.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just arrived in Jakarta. Actually forgot today is the end of the world, if remembered should have stayed at home. Could anyone here advise me what time is the end coming? Jakarta time please.

Ha Ha Looks like I've got to wait for the next end-of-the world. *sigh*

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just arrived in Jakarta. Actually forgot today is the end of the world, if remembered should have stayed at home. Could anyone here advise me what time is the end coming? Jakarta time please.

The world will not end. Stop buying into the hysteria of the silly masses.

Putin was right: the world will truly end when the Sun goes nova. That's 4.5 billion years from now. We will all die, unless we escape by intergalactic space travel.

21 Dec 2012 on the Gregorian calendar (forced onto us by the Catholic Church) is the end of a Mayan Long Count calendar (there are three main calendars, each for different purpose) cycle. A cycle that lasted for thousands of years.

http://www.kmov.com/home/How-the-Mayan-calendar-actually-works-184294431.html
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/mayan.html

The Gregorian calendar is quite inaccurate as the Earth orbits around the Sun in 365.25 days. The Gregorian calendar has to make up for this inaccuracy by having a leap year (366 days) every 4 years. Think about it: suppose you were to live on another planet, say Mars. Mars takes 687 days to orbit around the Sun. How are you going to use the Gregorian calendar there?

In fact, the Chinese and Islamic lunar calendars are much more useful than the Gregorian calendar, as they follow the moon cycles, and you can predict quite accurately the seasons and the tides.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you laksaboy, 4.5b years I long long gone liao and I don't care. So now I must live my life happy daily and not worry about the coming of the end.

Merry Christmas

Putin was right: the world will truly end when the Sun goes nova. That's 4.5 billion years from now. We will all die, unless we escape by intergalactic space travel.

21 Dec 2012 on the Gregorian calendar (forced onto us by the Catholic Church) is the end of a Mayan Long Count calendar (there are three main calendars, each for different purpose) cycle. A cycle that lasted for thousands of years.

http://www.kmov.com/home/How-the-Mayan-calendar-actually-works-184294431.html
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/mayan.html

The Gregorian calendar is quite inaccurate as the Earth orbits around the Sun in 365.25 days. The Gregorian calendar has to make up for this inaccuracy by having a leap year (366 days) every 4 years. Think about it: suppose you were to live on another planet, say Mars. Mars takes 687 days to orbit around the Sun. How are you going to use the Gregorian calendar there?

In fact, the Chinese and Islamic lunar calendars are much more useful than the Gregorian calendar, as they follow the moon cycles, and you can predict quite accurately the seasons and the tides.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder anyone here has made a killing at the stock market on the end-of-the-world thing? The market seemed to be quite sane lately. Maybe next Monday, it will tell.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

b

The Earth would have been torched dry way before that due to increased solar luminosity and increased solar mass. About 1 billion years into the future all oceans would have evaporated and planet would be incapable of supporting life. Temp would be about that of Venus today. Hopefully all our descendents run road to some distant planet by then.