• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Holding Back the Years" is the 7th track of Simply Red's debut studio album Picture Book (1985). It remains their most successful single, having reached #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and #2 on the UK Singles Chart.

Simply Red - Holding Back The Years

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6eKiYwhWMHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hQCxX_1QRgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billy Idol - White Wedding

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0z_AMUpWyMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AAZQaYKZMTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billy Idol - Mony Mony

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sYYAv-QW38Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iv0Eh_pIB3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Sugar Baby Love", recorded in autumn 1973 and released in January 1974, is a bubblegum pop song, and the debut single of the Rubettes. Written by Wayne Bickerton and Tony Waddington and produced by Bickerton, engineered by John Mackswith at Lansdowne Recording Studios, "Sugar Baby Love" was the band's one and only number one single in the UK, spending four weeks at the top of the chart in May 1974.

The Rubettes - Sugar Baby Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X9_0ZKrDY7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Livin' on a Prayer" is Bon Jovi's second chart-topping 45 from their 12x platinum Slippery When Wet album. Written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and Desmond Child, the single, released in late 1986, was well received at both rock and pop radio and its music video was given heavy rotation at MTV, giving the band their first No. 1 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.
The single also became Bon Jovi's second consecutive #1 Billboard Hot 100 hit and has become the band's signature song, topping fan-voted lists and re-charting around the world decades after its release. The original 45 single release sold 800,000 copies in the United States, and in 2013 was certified Triple Platinum for over 3 million digital downloads.

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uzpEl_HLEqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Manhattans - Kiss and Say Good Bye

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FGDhSHfu2Ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ue2_HrIth0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1KHbh4qABdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/elxw4GdRzeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song" is the title of a posthumously-released single by the American singer-songwriter Jim Croce. The song was written by Croce and was originally found on his album I Got a Name.
Croce was killed in a small-plane crash in September 1973, the same week that a 45RPM single, the title cut from his studio album I Got a Name was released. Following the delayed release of a song from his previous album ("Time in a Bottle") in late 1973, "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song" was chosen as the second single released from the his final studio album. It peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in April 1974, becoming his fifth Top 10 hit. In addition, the song went to #1 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart and reached #68 on the Billboard country music chart, Croce's only song to chart there.
Croce wrote the song in early 1973 when he arrived home and got into a disagreement with his wife, Ingrid. Instead of arguing with her, she has stated that Croce "went downstairs, and he started to play, like he always did when he wrote...the next morning, he came up early in the morning and sang it to me."
This song is noted for the use of male backup singers, as well as a string section, that plays a counterpoint melody during the concluding instrumental.

Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EN1nMpmC0n4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carpenters - Yesterday Once More

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qdhBorHldpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

01. Yesterday Once More
02. Superstar 3:58
03. Rainy Days and Mondays 7:47
04. Goodbye To Love 11:24
05. It's Going To Take Some Time 15:22
06. I Won't Last A Day Without You 18:23
07. For All We Know 22:17
08. Jambalaya (On The Bayou) 24:52
09. Touch Me When We're Dancing 28:31
10. Please Mr. Postman 31:50
11. I Need To Be In Love 34:43
12. Solitaire 38:14
13. We've Only Just Begun 42:56
14. (They Long To Be) Close To You 46:00
15. This Masquerade 49:44
16. Ticket To Ride 54:36
17. Top Of The World 58:47
18. Only Yesterday 1:01:46
19. Sing 1:05:35
20. Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft 1:08:57
21. Bonus Track: Hurting Each Other 1:16:09

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Danny's Song" is a song written by the American singer-songwriter Kenny Loggins. It was written as a gift for his brother Danny for the birth of his son Colin. It first appeared on an album by Gator Creek and a year later on the album Sittin' In, the debut album by Loggins and Messina. The song is well remembered for both the Loggins and Messina original, as well as Anne Murray's 1972 top-ten charting cover.
Canadian country-pop music singer Anne Murray was a fan of the original recording and recorded a cover version in 1972. Included on her album of the same name, Murray's version of "Danny's Song" was a hit, reaching the Top 10 on three major Billboard music charts in early 1973. On the pop chart, the song reached number seven; on the country chart, it peaked at number ten; and on the easy listening chart, it spent two weeks at number one in March of that year.
Murray's version also earned her a Grammy Award nomination in the category Best Female Pop Vocal performance at the Grammy Awards of 1974, losing out to "Killing Me Softly with His Song" by Roberta Flack.
Murray stated that she loved the original version, but the song took on a deeper meaning for her after the birth of her first child a few years later. In an interview, she stated that "Whenever I was singing that song, it was very meaningful."

"Danny's Song" - Loggins and Messina

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4FDcTyyXQb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9D7ultFfoiM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicago - If you leave me now

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j1ykMNtzMT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Love's Theme" is an instrumental piece recorded by Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra and released in 1973 as an A-side single. It is one of the few instrumental and purely orchestral singles to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States, which it did in early 1974. The piece was included on two albums: 1973's Under the Influence of... Love Unlimited (by the vocal group Love Unlimited) and 1974's Rhapsody in White.
The recording, with a large string orchestra and wah-wah guitar, is considered to be an influence to the disco sound, which would explode in popularity the following year. The song was also popular on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart in the U.S., where the song spent two weeks at #1. It was also used by ABC Sports for many years as the opening theme music for its golf coverage. In Canada, the single saw similar success, reaching #1 on the RPM 100 National Singles Chart on March 2, 1974.
In addition, "Love's Theme" has been recorded with lyrics (penned by White's publisher, Aaron Schroeder), with vocal versions by such artists as Love Unlimited (on their 1974 album In Heat), Julio Iglesias, and Andy Williams. Enoch Light recorded an electro-disco instrumental version of the song on his 1977 album, Disco Disque. The song is also part of Meco's instrumental medley "Hooked On Instrumentals Part I" (from the 1985 album Hooked On Instrumentals). In May 1993, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark released the single "Dream of Me (Based on Love's Theme)" (from their album Liberator, released the same year) which used a sample of this Barry White composition. This single reached #24 on the UK Singles Chart, and Barry White was given a writing credit.
This song was covered by American smooth jazz trumpeter Rick Braun and by American guitarist Chuck Loeb.
The Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific Airways used the song for their TV advertisements. It was also featured briefly in Mean Girls and Despicable Me 2.

Love Unlimited Orchestra ~ Love's Theme

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RLTJ95kj9ng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bHq_YAENKdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Songbird" is a song by Kenny G, and the third single from his 1986 album Duotones. It reached #3 on the U.S. Adult Contemporary charts, #4 on the U.S. Hot 100 charts and #23 on the U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.[
When released in 1987, the song became the first instrumental to reach the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 since the "Miami Vice Theme" by Jan Hammer (a No. 1 hit) in 1985.

Kenny G - Songbird

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2hTP2w4mC_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bee Gees - You should be dancing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b2X2wX0cwv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​