• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

22 yr old fresh grad married a 32 yr old chicken rice seller

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know leh.. But chicken rice bizness can earn good money if your chicken rice is tasty and nice.. I know of this Uncle who has a small chicken rice stall.. Told me its tough work running a stall, but the money can be quite good, can earn 8K per month after paying the stall rental fee and his suppliers..

The PAP has done a good job of brainwashing people to think that success means an office job. In Spore the gov't represents the interest of the corporations & these companies need office workers & not chicken rice sellers. It's also easier to monitor & deduct an office worker's pay for income tax & the CPF. It's harder to do that for a chicken rice seller because they can hide their earnings :wink:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you help find out how much is the rental that he has been paying:confused: Kamxia.:smile:

Don't know leh.. But chicken rice bizness can earn good money if your chicken rice is tasty and nice.. I know of this Uncle who has a small chicken rice stall.. Told me its tough work running a stall, but the money can be quite good, can earn 8K per month after paying the stall rental fee and his suppliers..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see anything wrong with a 22-y.o. grad gal marrying a 32-y.o. chicken rice selling man.

You all fucking LKY for decades coming back into the LKY trap, grads must marry grads. That's why PAP always wins. Then you blame opposition...zzz...

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 different people in the story right?

This is a no brainer. You marry the person who owns the business not someone who works in an establishment like this Ridzwan Salim fella.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not about the educational qualification. It is the smell. I will never marry a hawker - smell of food and scent of woman dont go together

Suzie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see anything wrong with a 22-y.o. grad gal marrying a 32-y.o. chicken rice selling man.

You all fucking LKY for decades coming back into the LKY trap, grads must marry grads. That's why PAP always wins. Then you blame opposition...zzz...

Hawkers in the Spotlights . Who's Next ???

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Killed by rental fee, food not nice and over priced, boss lazy.

yes....its true food biz in sngapore can make money but the working hours are long ( early wake up , late time go back ) ..the moment when you start working in food biz you dont have a life ..its not a easy job .

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus christ are the forummers here stupid or uneducated or what?

The Malay guy mentioned in the article is a separate case, he is not the 32 year old chicken rice seller lah, bodohs.

Like I've always said, some forrummers here have very serious comprehension problem.:rolleyes:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus christ are the forummers here stupid or uneducated or what?

The Malay guy mentioned in the article is a separate case, he is not the 32 year old chicken rice seller lah, bodohs.

If you were smart, you would have noticed that most ppl here are both stupid and uneducated, without needing to post such a reply.:biggrin:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Theres nothing wrong in such a love story.
It has been said that LOVE is BLIND
There are cases of young man marrying much older women and vice-versa.
These are young people.
We ought to support them and not run them down.
All the best to the couple.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
e1jpg1334546494032-data.jpg

e4jpg1334546508845-data.jpg

Eliza Lee, 22, is not only a fresh graduate who studied at a top secondary school, she is also from a wealthy family and used to be chauffeured home from school. Despite her background, she chose to marry a chicken rice seller.

According to an article in the New Paper, Miss Lee is the daughter of parents who own a bag-manufacturing business and has a bachelor's degrees in hospitality management from the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS). She is engaged to 32-year-old Michael Poh, who owns a chicken rice stall.

Despite her pampered background, Miss Lee has been helping out at her fiance's stall for 10 to 15 hours everyday, 7 days a week. Before she started helping out at the stall, says her fiance, Miss Lee had 'not touched a drop of detergent'. The prospect of being a hawker's wife has never bothered her, says Miss Lee.

Miss Lee's mindset is rare among Singaporean women her age. Most university graduates would not consider marrying a blue-collar worker. Mr Poh affirmed this by saying he has experienced his fair share of snobbery from ex-girlfriends, and says that women like his fiance are rare.

And why did Miss Lee choose to be with Mr Poh? She says they 'click' and that they have endless conversations. They also share a common goal of building a comfortable life together. Mr Poh, who has a diploma is sociology, says: "To find another one like Eliza, who would go through thick and think with me, is mission impossible."

In a poll conducted by the New Paper, 100 percent of 50 female undergraduates aged 21 to 28 said they would not date a blue-collar worker.

STOMPer Splendora says:

"Hats off to Eliza Lee for following her heart. The modern-thinking 22-year-old may be a graduate from a wealthy family, but that has not stopped her from choosing to marry a 32-year-old chicken rice seller.

"All my graduate female friends would turn their noses up at the idea of marrying someone who does not match their educational qualifications, and even those who aren't graduates hope to marry a man who is a graduate, in the hopes of having a better life.

"I'm a graduate from a local university too, and I think there is nothing wrong with Eliza's choice. In fact, I admire her more than those women who refuse to even consider someone who's not a graduate. Eliza has far more attractive qualities than these narrow-minded women!

"For someone who comes from a rich family to give up her pampered lifestyle for the man she loves is truly an admirable quality. It shows she is not afraid to work hard, and has a fighting spirit.

"And there is nothing wrong with selling chicken rice. It may be 'unglam', but it's an honest living and if you work hard, you can earn a comfortable living. In fact, if a graduate were to scoff at the idea of marrying down, then I'd say her years of education have been wasted on her."

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is so lucky to find someone who is good in bed and have a very long cock. Best of luck in her marriage life.