• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

17yo PMD rider kena serious accident in Yishun...SIBEH SONG!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
They are quick to pass rules and laws to protect themselves but are slow when it comes to protection of citizens. I don't think anyone would oppose to a ban on PMDs, or for them to be operated by licensed users.
For it to exist, third party insurance has to be made mandatory. It's ridiculous that injured parties are left to fend for their own hospitalization and loss of earnings. Even if you manage to locate the PMD bastard who hit and run, chances are they are poor souls who will be unable to compensate your losses. It's now better to get knock down by a motorbike or a car than a PMD. At least you dont have to worry whether the driver who is at fault can afford to compensate you. Fucking irony. Lol :biggrin:

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
For it to exist, third party insurance has to be made mandatory. It's ridiculous that injured parties are left to fend for their own hospitalization and loss of earnings. Even if you manage to locate the PMD bastard who hit and run, chances are they are poor souls who will be unable to compensate your losses. It's now better to get knock down by a motorbike or a car than a PMD. At least you dont have to worry whether the driver who is at fault can afford to compensate you. Fucking irony. Lol :biggrin:
Yes, in addition to passing a test to obtain a license, compulsory insurance is needed too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yes, in addition to passing a test to obtain a license, compulsory insurance is needed too.

Life is full of risks. You can slip in the bathroom, get hit by a falling flowerpot or catch a nasty bug from some filthy foreigner. Getting hit by a PMD is just one more risk that we have to contend with in this day and age.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am for all out ban but kind enough for these nuisance to exist via regulation. :biggrin:

Cars should be banned because they cause far more carnage. There may be a whole host of rules and regulations regarding the use of a motor vehicle but if you get hit by one chances are you're dead.

If everyone used PMDs instead of cars there would be far fewer traffic related deaths.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Life is full of risks. You can slip in the bathroom, get hit by a falling flowerpot or catch a nasty bug from some filthy foreigner. Getting hit by a PMD is just one more risk that we have to contend with in this day and age.
Yes I agree, life is full of risks. But steps should be taken to mitigate them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is overpopulation. Pinky Loong's Population White Paper wet dream.

I doubt PMDs would be a problem in Sinkieland back in the 1970s or 1980s, assuming the technology existed back then.

I don't want another thing or activity to be banned after chewing gum, pig's blood, hookah smoking, easy access to exotic pets etc. Don't add more bars to the prison, thanks.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The problem is overpopulation. Pinky Loong's Population White Paper wet dream.

I doubt PMDs would be a problem in Sinkieland back in the 1970s or 1980s, assuming the technology existed back then.

I don't want another thing or activity to be banned after chewing gum, pig's blood, hookah smoking, easy access to exotic pets etc. Don't add more bars to the prison, thanks.
The problem is over-regulation by an insecure and dictatorial government. However, coming down hard on PMDs is an exception, and I will support it. Because it involves my safety and the safety of my loved ones. I have not met another person who thinks that PMDs running rampant is a good idea.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I have not met another person who thinks that PMDs running rampant is a good idea.

Cars have been running rampant for more than a century. Those concerned about safety can start off by getting them off the roads.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
When I inside my office or any building, if the false ceiling falls into my head, I needn't worry as there's always a public liability policy covering such accidents. It's a joke that we let PMDs run amok knocking people down without proper 3P insurance.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
When I inside my office or any building, if the false ceiling falls into my head, I needn't worry as there's always a public liability policy covering such accidents. It's a joke that we let PMDs run amok knocking people down without proper 3P insurance.
Yes, and no insurance company will sell policies to unlicensed and incompetent users. So we need licensed users and for them to be covered by insurance.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Not asking for ban. Asking for compulsory 3P insurance. Is it that difficult?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the PAP wants to allow PMD's and bicycles on walkways, they should build a separate lane for them and not allow them to endanger innocent pedestrians.
is it because the family of Lee Hsien Loong and other ministers do not walk on pedestrian walkways (unless with their security details) and therefore do not know or care about it.
What a hopeless bunch of people that actually voted for this sorry state of affair

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The car is guzzling fuel and polluting the environment. The PMD user is eco friendly and takes up very little space on the road. Everyone should be using e scooters as they will save the world.
Yah eco friendly. Lol :biggrin: How many homes have explosion from these PMD charging?