• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

政治文抄公- Political Plagiarizing

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Next time, don't take MPs' spoken words in parliament for granted: must ask them if the ideas/words are theirs or belongs to some blog articles/published work of others and whether they meant to be serious or just joking... That's how lame First World Parliament has become under PAP and WP.

Goh Meng Seng

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
And don't know why I suddenly have this urge to repeat a statement I made earlier. "What an insult to the word 'integrity'!"

I have crossed sword with him in Facebook on "integrity". In the end he resort to name callings and start insinuating that I am a WP member. :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Do you understand what integrity means? It also means that if you have made a mistake, just admit it, apologize, seek forgiveness and move on. Those without integrity will just try to come up with all lame excuses for their mistakes made. That's the difference between integrity and the lack of it.

BTW, that's where YSL failed so badly.

Goh Meng Seng

I have crossed sword with him in Facebook on "integrity". In the end he resort to name callings and start insinuating that I am a WP member. :biggrin:

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's pretty clear about PS integrity.

Firstly, whether he quotes the original author word by word or rephrasing it in his own words, does not really matter. What matters is, he did not accord his source accordingly.

Secondly, when challenged by DPM Teo CH about the familarity of his speech, he kept quiet.

I have no problem, PS is new and needs to learn quickly. What is disgusting is the number of die hard WP supporters and members trying very hard to do what the main stream media is defending PAP and it's shortcoming as if nothing is wrong.

Am I looking at the same monster or are you supporting and becoming the same blind supporters to the ones you detest?

PS: By attacking GMS integrity and calling him nuts does not do WP any favour in convincing the general voters that they different from the ruling party.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be lame, as lame as Vikram trying to say it is just a joke of using Nigerian Scam to make comparison to what CSM has said. It would look even worse for WP's integrity as a whole.

It will do you more good if you can stop your name callings. I am merely asking you to substantiate you accusation, but so far you remain evasive and deceitful.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you have made a mistake that someone is a WP member, just admit it, apologize, seek forgiveness and move on. If you have made a mistake that WP did not support a timeline for by-election, just admit it, apologize, seek forgiveness and move on. Those without integrity will just try to come up with all lame excuses for their mistakes made, such as continuing threads after threads and posts after posts repeating the same mistaken statements.

If anyone (or anything) does not do the above, then is integrity still attributed to him (or SHIT)?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cannot kick below the belt and yet be seen running away from the boxing ring. The reason for not wanting to engage with your first posting is because you have made many assertions that I have not make, it is only right for me to seek your clarification. I would, however, give you the benefit of doubt as most likely you have mistakenly mistook some of locke's posting as mine and then put up a feeble attempt to cover up for your blunder.

Well, I am sorry if you took my hard statements the wrong way.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you understand what integrity means? It also means that if you have made a mistake, just admit it, apologize, seek forgiveness and move on. Those without integrity will just try to come up with all lame excuses for their mistakes made. That's the difference between integrity and the lack of it.

BTW, that's where YSL failed so badly.

Goh Meng Seng

Why are you bringing in YSL case here? The topic is on you accusing Pritam of plagiarism. I am just asking you to substantiate your accusation with a simple question. If you cannot substantiate, then you are smearing him, period.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's pretty clear about PS integrity.

Firstly, whether he quotes the original author word by word or rephrasing it in his own words, does not really matter. What matters is, he did not accord his source accordingly.

Secondly, when challenged by DPM Teo CH about the familarity of his speech, he kept quiet.

I have no problem, PS is new and needs to learn quickly. What is disgusting is the number of die hard WP supporters and members trying very hard to do what the main stream media is defending PAP and it's shortcoming as if nothing is wrong.

Am I looking at the same monster or are you supporting and becoming the same blind supporters to the ones you detest?

PS: By attacking GMS integrity and calling him nuts does not do WP any favour in convincing the general voters that they different from the ruling party.

Welcome the latest member of the "clone factory" trend. If Pritam had an integrity issue, you shouldn't "have no problem" with that. A lack of integrity is a serious problem. Your self-contradictory habits are still there.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's have an off-the-cuff example...

Blogger : I wish to suggest that NS 2 years and reservist 13 years system is too taxing to the male citizens...(full text)...

WP MP : (reading the blog, agreeing with the suggestion and speaking in Parliament)...I wish to suggest that NS 2 years and reserviust 13 years system is too taxing to the male citizens...(full text)...

Blogger : Thank you.

GMS : He didn't edit it. He didn't quote your name. He has no integrity!

Blogger : Huh? He did me a favor. I don't mind named or not, edited or not. Why scold him?

GMS : Because he's from WP!

Last edited:

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome the latest member of the "clone factory" trend. If Pritam had an integrity issue, you shouldn't "have no problem" with that. A lack of integrity is a serious problem. Your self-contradictory habits are still there.

Why should I, there must be some leeway for new members, just like a baby needs to take the first step before he can run. What is most important he must be supported by some real pillars.

Me clone? Whose must I ask?

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is worse than mixing metaphors - you are mixing political slogans and political parties.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to post PS's speech alongside the allegedly plagiarized text and your demo of how it amounts to plagiarism.

Next time, don't take MPs' spoken words in parliament for granted: must ask them if the ideas/words are theirs or belongs to some blog articles/published work of others and whether they meant to be serious or just joking... That's how lame First World Parliament has become under PAP and WP.

Goh Meng Seng

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is more than that, he called Pritam a plagiarizer, which means Pritam is a cheat. That is a serious charge.

Many who have dared only to defame opposition and not PAP have been dime and dozen. It's the chap being one of them - a two-time-candidate and former opposition leader itself - that must amaze many people.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, PAP MP Vikram said his comparison of Nigerian Scam with CSM's speech is just a "joke" while now WP members and supporters are claiming that Pritam didn't say his words in parliament is his. That's why we will need to ask each and every MPs, be it PAP or WP, whether their words/ideas are theirs and that if they are just joking or not. This is the type of First World Parliament WP is aiming for.

This is attached to my FB early in the morning. For your pleasure viewing.

424074_360164127351615_100000740922193_1082208_1263058673_n.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

This is worse than mixing metaphors - you are mixing political slogans and political parties.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to post PS's speech alongside the allegedly plagiarized text and your demo of how it amounts to plagiarism.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you have made a mistake, just admit it, apologize, seek forgiveness and move on. The bell rings!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is more than that, he called Pritam a plagiarizer, which means Pritam is a cheat. That is a serious charge.

CSM and Pritam will let him off since they know there's nothing personal. They joined the party after GMS left and have nothing personal between them. But they'd be smart and learned enough to know where GMS's coming from and going for, i.e. WP as a party.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many who have dared only to defame opposition and not PAP have been dime and dozen. It's the chap being one of them - a two-time-candidate and former opposition leader itself - that must amaze many people.

You and your many clones not only flames all oppostion parties except WP and even site like 3in1, TOC, TR, TRE on a regular basis.

Look at yourself in the mirror. Utterly disgusting.

Well, I just get's my points deducted by the WP gangsters here. Well, by all means deduct. Taking pot shots suits me just fine.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ramseth,

You make me laugh. Both have studied law and they should know better. You should try telling them to try and sue me. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

CSM and Pritam will let him off since they know there's nothing personal. They joined the party after GMS left and have nothing personal between them. But they'd be smart and learned enough to know where GMS's coming from and going for, i.e. WP as a party.