• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

安邦酿豆腐 chased customer when boy eats chicken rice from next-door

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their YTF is fried and comes in a plate with rather little soup, i always had to ask for extra bowl of soup.

Recently heard from colleague they will not add soup for you, colleague offered to pay for an extra bowl of soup they refused as well.

I used to frequent this place but have stopped after hearing all the bad publicity. Clearly the owner got some shit stuck in his brain.

If this happens to me i will throw my dog's shit into the restaurant!

wahlaneh...
want them close shop very easy lah.
just put some dead cockroaches n rats in their kitchen then call NEA lor.:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an idiot. Such a long story and he still does not know the rules. The guy is paying rent for the space. Notice the need to mention the younger son repeatedly to gain sympathy.

jw5

Loyal
In a family meal you can not easily expect every member to like to eat the same thing at every meal. Some times a kid will say "mom I like to eat that instead." That is were the problem begins. As parents it is hard to get everyone to agree or compromise every time. The issue is you don't mess up the shop badly by eating the stuff you brought in, and if the shop is HALAL you don't eat pork!

Correct or not?
If the family members want to eat different things, go to a hawker centre or a food court. Each person can then eat whatever he wants.

If they want to eat at a specific coffee shop or restaurant, they should jolly well eat what that coffee shop or restaurant serves. If a child objects, bring him for chicken rice later.

The problem for the stall holders is that if they don't implement such a rule, soon, every table will be filled with people eating from their shop, eating chicken rice from another shop, MacDonalds, KFC, indian rojak, mee rebus, etc etc.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree. Well said.
If the family members want to eat different things, go to a hawker centre or a food court. Each person can then eat whatever he wants.

If they want to eat at a specific coffee shop or restaurant, they should jolly well eat what that coffee shop or restaurant serves. If a child objects, bring him for chicken rice later.

The problem for the stall holders is that if they don't implement such a rule, soon, every table will be filled with people eating from their shop, eating chicken rice from another shop, MacDonalds, KFC, indian rojak, mee rebus, etc etc.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Talk is easy but this is not practical if the child is young, bring the child for his meal later? What kind of parent are you? You expect the child to starve while waiting for you to eat?

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still remember my younger days when I went out to eat with my parents. I used to be a picky eater and sometimes the dishes they ordered did not suit my pallet. My father put me in the right place when he told me this " Boy are you paying the bill? If not just eat what we ordered or don't eat. " Hence from that day onwards I can keep quiet and eat whats served on the dinner table or demand that I pay for the family dinner.

jw5

Loyal
Talk is easy but this is not practical if the child is young, bring the child for his meal later? What kind of parent are you? You expect the child to starve while waiting for you to eat?
By all means go and eat chicken rice first and go back for the yong tau foo later.
Or everyone eat chicken rice.
Or some go eat chicken rice and some go eat yong tau foo.
Or take the view that if the child is old enough to be choosy about food, he is old enough to wait.

The point is not who eats first. It's to respect the rules set by the stall holder and also to teach kids that you don't get your way all the time in life.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
actually cannot blame shopowner also mah since already got notice put up liao but customers always right also mah. sigh~

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the parent doesn't know how to bring the child to eat chicken rice 1st and then bring the child back to eat yong tau foo, then I think he really don't know how to be a parent.

Scared the child to starve, feed the child first, is it very difficult?:rolleyes:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
actually cannot blame shopowner also mah since already got notice put up liao but customers always right also mah. sigh~

You open yong tau foo shop, I bring 10 friends all tar pow from nearby hawker centre, then go to your shop and order 2 bowls of yong tau foo while we take up 10 seats. Will you still think we as customers are right?:p

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their YTF is fried and comes in a plate with rather little soup, i always had to ask for extra bowl of soup.

Recently heard from colleague they will not add soup for you, colleague offered to pay for an extra bowl of soup they refused as well.

I used to frequent this place but have stopped after hearing all the bad publicity. Clearly the owner got some shit stuck in his brain.

If this happens to me i will throw my dog's shit into the restaurant!

It doesn't matter whether the food is good or lousy. If you think the attitude of the food seller is lousy doesn't mean you can throw dog shit into their shop. Likewise if I think your attitude is lousy, doesn't mean I am right if I throw dog shit into your house.

The focus is on bringing outside food to eat in their premises which is not allowed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its true. I have personally seen young kids dying by the roadside as parents are eating away and the shop owner refuses to allow other food.

If I am free, I usually help to collect the dead bodies and send it to Roland's shop.

You expect the child to starve while waiting for you to eat?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the kind of upbringing that breeds brats and hooligans. Note that the kid insisted on eating chicken and eating with his mother, and she acquiesced on his behalf even while admitting to the understanding that it's against house rules.

The boss isn't stupid or unsavvy. He knows he'd probably lose future business from this woman. But saving her custom by bending over would mean reccurence in future and even other customers who see it also doing so and citing her as example.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so uptight about keeping to rules, etc?

Say the family spend $50 eating yong tau foo, seriously what is the issue if a child wants to eat something different??? It's not as if the bunch tah-pao all kinds of food there and only one of the members spend $10 at the YTF shop.

The worries that once an exception is made everyone follows suit - this argument is purely academic. The particular situation is an exception. I eat at the Thai restaurant at Siglap, and i buy HK milk tea from next door - the shop has no issue about this.

Agree the right thing to do is to ask the shop before proceeding.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
By all means go and eat chicken rice first and go back for the yong tau foo later.
Or everyone eat chicken rice.
Or some go eat chicken rice and some go eat yong tau foo.
Or take the view that if the child is old enough to be choosy about food, he is old enough to wait.

The point is not who eats first. It's to respect the rules set by the stall holder and also to teach kids that you don't get your way all the time in life.

What on earth is happening to the importance of consumer? Why must the consumer bear all the inconvenience just to respect the rules set by the owner?? Have we been so accustomed to PAP's notion of respecting the "authority"???

Like many of you i have spent a few years in ang moh countries as well, and i have no difficulty finding more accomodating places. Please for goodness sake, ampang YTF is not a classy restaurant of any sort, it is a shabby little coffee shop!

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just in case there's food poisoning, who is to blame, the chicken rice or the YTF

If there is food poisoning the onus is on the family to proof what is the cause. The YTF shop is not guilty by default, it makes no difference whether everyone is eating YTF onot. They could have been poisoned before or after visiting Ampang YTF

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so uptight about keeping to rules, etc?

Say the family spend $50 eating yong tau foo, seriously what is the issue if a child wants to eat something different??? It's not as if the bunch tah-pao all kinds of food there and only one of the members spend $10 at the YTF shop.

It's not about being uptight with keeping to rules. It's about respecting others' rights to their own house rules, and not abetting your kids to break them at their whims and fancies. What would a kid think? Hey, my parents are big spenders here, you'd better allow to me do what I want to do here. Grown up, he'd think, hey, my big brother is big shot around this area, you'd better allow to me to do what I do around here.

The worries that once an exception is made everyone follows suit - this argument is purely academic. The particular situation is an exception. I eat at the Thai restaurant at Siglap, and i buy HK milk tea from next door - the shop has no issue about this.

Agree the right thing to do is to ask the shop before proceeding.

Yes, it's always nice to ask for permission first. And if they're fine with it, it's fine. But if not, then accept that it's not. If overall service is not up to your satisfaction, patronise somewhere else next time.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, this LJ Kia had too much education and with some achievements in his career, decides to swing his Tua LP. Notice his style of writing is somewhat purposely aligned to his inner ego by throwing seemingly cheem terms irrelevant to his complain like "10 key attributes of the business excellence framework", "Customer-centric excellence" & " Business Times on my Desk" etc.... Using one's backside to think also can tell he wants to let people know he is some big shot in business world and whatever he says is justified no matter what.

Inside his shit-filled brain, he is an empty vessel who does not know what is right and wrong. The waitress in simple english already told him it was the boss decision, and this CB Kia still wanted to ask boss come over to talk. It shows his open arrogance and defiance to challaege the boss head on. The boss is right. Since the CB Kia did not want to play by house rules, the boss just dun do his business. Simple as that. He is attacking the boss attitude as if the Boss were to be soft enough to sweet talk him, he may consider asking his kid to stop. Wrong!!! A man with such character will never take NO for an answer no matter how soft the boss stroke his balls to pacify him. This complain email will still come out, maybe with a slightly different reasoning like inflexible and non-customer oriented attitude. If the kid's life is in danger for not eating chicken rice at that crucial moment, I think the boss would be willing to bend the rules. But this Shit brain just wants to be exception. There are many things to learn in life, both good and bad. But this CB Kia learns the Chao Ang Moh Style of making Asians bend rules for them. Really waste money to publish his complaints.