• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

后港补选分析 - Analysis on Hougang By-Elections

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
综合最近的新闻报道和政治评论,后港补选似乎是工人党“包吃”,行动党“怕输”不敢宣布补选。(这篇文章是在李显龙总理宣布会在后港举行补选前写的。)其实这是啼笑皆非的现象。

刘程强巧妙的空城计

工人党秘书长刘程强先生在宣布开除饶欣龙后,便直驱后港造势。从新闻画面看来,刘先生在后港的支持度也真的很强。但是刘先生在访问最后一段,竟不慎透露了他本身的忧虑。他对着摄影机说:“如果总理有重要的国家议程的话,他应该看看这些支持者的情绪,而别等太久才补选。。。这是我的忠告。。。“

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SA0gCVPXnog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

我反复咀嚼了这段说话,总觉得有点不合理。如果总理看了那么激情的场面,他为什么还要尽快补选呢?最后我才了解,原来刘程强只是在摆出政治架势,“挑战”总理,你看后港对工人党的支持度,如果敢的话,就马上补选吧!但是为何刘先生要摆出这政治架势挑战总理呢?

这就是“空城计”!工人党当时最怕的是行动党“趁势追击”,马上宣布补选而“偷袭”完全没有准备的工人党。所以刘先生就使出“虚张声势”,摆出了一个“空城计”来,防止行动党速战速决。其实,如果行动党把握时机,在最短时间里宣布补选的话,那么它就掌握了时局的优势。工人党那时候最怕的是行动党给它杀个措手不及,尤其是如果行动党把补选订在国会在辩论财政预算案期间,那么工人党将会面对严峻的考验。刘程强也许就无法在补选中发挥他个人的号召力了。(这也就是为什么我选择在国会预算案辩论完后才刊登此文.)

但是刘程强微妙的空城计终究把行动党给唬住了!

行动党的失策

行动党毕竟在后港已经有现成的候选人了,以它的基层实力,马上启动竞选机器并非难事。可惜的是,它太优柔寡断,竟然怕输到让党内议员狡辩无需补选云云,这是策略上的一大败笔!这些议员在狡辩宪法对补选的定义的同时,便凸现了堂堂一个执政了几乎50年的政党竟然对一个选区的补选如此畏惧、怕输的窘境!其实以普通人的智慧来计算,这补选又不是会威胁到行动党的执政地位的。就算是输了,行动党也没有任何而外的损失!因为这选区本来就是反对党区,输了没损失,如果赢了就是意外的收获!就算只是把工人党的支持率降低几个百分点,也算是有所获呀!这是没赔有赢的事啊!

反过来说,如今拖了几个月才决定补选,这不就让工人党有喘气的机会去重新部署吗?我其实不明白,行动党里有这么多军事将领,连这么简单的盘算都不会算,令它举棋不定错失良机!我看行动党如果这一次在后港大败,比原先在2011年大选的成绩还差的话,那也真是活该了!

工人党“蜀中无大将“

接下来的问题就是,为何工人党对尽早补选会如此担心呢?其实理由很简单。工人党的管理方式是封闭式的,平时不会刻意去栽培任何有潜能的候选人。就算是大选到来,也只集中于那么几位在主要战场的侯选人。这种管理方式能很有效的针对大选做出集权式的操纵,不大会出乱子。这也就是为什么很多时候大选过后,选民在众多候选人当中,也只对那么几位有印象,深刻印象的也就说不上了。纵观从2006年至2011年大选前夕,工人党内有多少有高知名度的候选人呢?就算是加入党多年的陈硕茂,也是在大选前由媒体为他提早曝光而造就了他那政治偶像的形象的。

这种保守的管理方式固然有它的可取之处,但也致使工人党在培养接班政治人才方面形成了重大阻碍。从工人党这次只能派知名度微弱的方荣发去坐镇后港便能得知它“蜀中无大将”的窘境了。

个人品牌战

补选,尤其是单选区的补选,往往打的是个人品牌。虽然刘程强的个人品牌在后港有绝对的优势,但是经过饶欣龙事件以后,我想后港选民(尤其是中间选民)在这次补选中不会像大选一样只靠工人党或刘程强的品牌保证而轻易投给工人党了。后港选民这次补选也一定对所有候选人有更严谨的审视,更严格的要求了。如果工人党以为能像以往一样轻易地取信于中间选民的话,那么它将可能面对意想不到的结果。

这也就是为什么工人党会选择方荣发而不是比他更有知名度又更年轻的许俊荣来坐镇后港。刘程强明白他在人选方面再也不能出差错了,要不然他和工人党的品牌将会毁于一旦!选个年级比较成熟的候选人会比较稳当一点。

有趣的是,之前被挤出局的东海岸领队陈忠恩无论知名度、履历或资历都比方荣发优异。可是工人党当时是以“自我更新”为由,改变了原有让领队成为非选区议员不成文的潜规则而推选更年轻的严燕松替之。这导致陈忠恩愤而离去。如今看来,这一连串的事故真是一种讽刺。毕竟工人党万万想不到它会被逼打一场补选吧!

三角战的危机

当饶欣荣被踢出工人党后,有几位反对党人就表明对后港补选有兴趣。我就曾经说过最好不要乘人之危去打三角战。这些人如果真的上阵打三角战的话,名不正言不顺,最后很可能会自取其辱的。

可是有一个是例外,那就是国民团结党了。它有可能左右这次补选的结果。国民团结党的参选,将会给这次补选增添变数。

身为国民团结党的前秘书长,我可以理解他们为何要到后港打三角战。当然我还是希望可以通过谈判来解决和避免三角战,但是看来这机会是渺茫的。国民团结党的参选不只是“报仇”这么简单。它有它策略上的考量。上一次大选工人党咄咄逼人,就算是派个二、三线的队伍到摩棉-加冷集选区与国民团结党的主队B打三角战,也再所不惜。虽然最后国民团结党忍辱负重退出摩棉-加冷集选区而避免了三角战,但相信在下次大选,工人党更会毫无顾忌地以强硬姿态到淡宾尼和马林百烈集选区去与国民团结党硬碰硬。这将逼使国民团结党退出东部比较“肥沃”的选区。国民团结党可能会以这次补选做为往后选战的前哨战,以试探彼此的实力。尤其是在这单选区的补选就算失去按金,代价也不会太大。

如果国民团结党真的打算到后港打三角战的话,它很有可能会派佘雪玲上阵。高知名度的佘雪玲将对工人党的方荣发造成最大的冲击。如果工人党真的是因为佘雪玲的挑战而失去后港的话,那将是因果报应的终极体现了。当然,我并不愿意看到行动党因此渔翁得利而夺回后港。

佘雪玲虽然有高知名度,但是她这一战必须出师有名,要不然她可能必须付上很大的政治代价。国民团结党必须要很小心和慎重的考虑出战后港的利与弊。一旦它决定派佘雪玲出战,我也只好祝她好运了。

工人党不容乐观

政治是难以预料的。谁会想到工人党在短短九个月里竟然会发生如此大的变化呢?到底这次后港补选会发生怎么样的动荡,没人说得准。当然,有许多工人党员和支持者都对补选信心满满,甚至认为补选成绩会比上次大选64%的成绩还要好。但是在我看来,工人党的成绩也只有往下跌的条件和可能性,至于会否因三角战导致它失去后港,那就要看它愿不愿意放下身段去谈判和解了。

当然,补选拖得越迟就对工人党更有利。因为工人党需要时间让后港选民认识它知名度不高的候选人,让他到基层去搏感情。但是时间并非在工人党掌握之中。当然,工人党如果能把陈忠恩请回来出战这次后港补选的话,那将是最好的安排了。这将增强工人党面对三角战的抵抗力。可是,这也只是我一厢情愿的想法罢了。

吴明盛

(后记:我刚想起我忽略了一个非常重要的因素。既然这补选会是个人品牌战,如果行动党够聪明的话,它也许会派出新广艺人上阵。别小看这明星效应,这很可能会变成行动党的杀手锏!艺人郑斌辉是行动党员,一向来都显得对竞选有兴趣。最近他还提起国民主义来“起义”,对抗外来学生。虽然这举动有些太偏激,但是毕竟会哗众取宠,得到不少支持的。要是行动党真的派他出战,那将会是非常有看头的补选了。试想想,佘雪玲、郑斌辉和方荣发。。。我相信到最后,方荣发将会被边缘化,补选就会变成电视明星与政治新星的对决了!)

Z

Zombie

如果国民团结党真的打算到后港打三角战的话,它很有可能会派佘雪玲上阵。高知名度的佘雪玲将对工人党的方荣发造成最大的冲击。如果工人党真的是因为佘雪玲的挑战而失去后港的话,那将是因果报应的终极体现了。当然,我并不愿意看到行动党因此渔翁得利而夺回后港。

"那将是因果报应的终极体现了" tells so much about gms's character ....

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
后记:我刚想起我忽略了一个非常重要的因素。既然这补选会是个人品牌战,如果行动党够聪明的话,它也许会派出新广艺人上阵。别小看这明星效应,这很可能会变成行动党的杀手锏!艺人郑斌辉是行动党员,一向来都显得对竞选有兴趣。最近他还提起国民主义来“起义”,对抗外来学生。虽然这举动有些太偏激,但是毕竟会哗众取宠,得到不少支持的。要是行动党真的派他出战,那将会是非常有看头的补选了。试想想,佘雪玲、郑斌辉和方荣发。。。我相信到最后,方荣发将会被边缘化,补选就会变成电视明星与政治新星的对决了!

bro,

1. why don't you try taking part in BE in Hougang and you'll know if it is truly “空城计” in Hougang, put your money where your mouth is.

2. you're right to say that PAP has missed its opportunity for the first strike in this point "行动党的失策", the PAP has lost its ground.

3. as of this point “蜀中无大将“, and speaking from the perspective as a member of the public, me agree totally. seems like only YJJ, LTK, SL, CSM are able to hold ground if not gain more traction. Pritam needs more time to hone his skills, GG... "good game" as most gamers call it.

4. "个人品牌战" is not an issue in Hougang, it will be more of a "党的品牌战", and more so in the BE.

5. "三角战的危机" it's not a "危机" per se but more of a "良机" to show that the electorate are maturing into a sophisticated bunch capable of discernment.

6. as of your point on this "工人党不容乐观", these are your personal opinions, keep them well if you wish.

7. in your 后记, it is certainly plausible. have you thought of being a scriptwriter by the way? your stories would be gripping.

regards,
zhihau

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
不要夸张说刘挑战小李啦。

补选不是工人党所要的,砍了饶欣龙根本是迫不得已的事情。不砍会还整个反对党阵营2016成绩。

屁a屁永远害怕人民手里有选票可以投的时期。内部一定有压力要求尽量拖延。

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
不要夸张说刘挑战小李啦。

补选不是工人党所要的,砍了饶欣龙根本是迫不得已的事情。不砍会还整个反对党阵营2016成绩。

屁a屁永远害怕人民手里有选票可以投的时期。内部一定有压力要求尽量拖延。

Much of the materials were taken out of various views in this forum. After practising double standards in nearly all areas, even the final area that it has not touched is now also being touched - plagiarism - as what it had accused CSM and PS of.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
空城计 is when one's being pursued till dead-end 穷途末路。That's certainly not the case with WP in Hougang, where the real situation is WP 严阵以待。The moment LTK announced the expulsion of YSL and requested for BE, WP has at least two sure-win candidates ready. That's LTK. LHL knows that. He's Chinese educated too.

LHL and PAP have never said a word about YSL from break of news of his affairs to expulsion to now, it was only you who's screaming your head off. At least LHL understands that pouring fuel on fire over nothing profitable is wasting fuel and leaving a bad smell on himself. What he's wishing and doing now is to drag BE as long as possible. Let the Aljunied WP MPs be busy running to and fro Hougang, let the Hougang residents start to breed discontent without a proper MP, what for be in a hurry to restore WP MP numbers back to six? Otherwise, he wouldn't have further delayed by submitting the case to court. He could have just issued the writ.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
do seriously consider being a script writer. would be a waste of talent if you don't. me really mean you well.

First of all, analysis isn't measured by length, especially if there is more garbage in the latter, the level of stench will be higher too.

I guess fat village insects were not refusing to respond, hence, it shouldn't be going for easy bits or passing remarks, but answer those tough questions it pretended not to see initially. This is the 4th time I am reprising the below and see if it continues to fly away to the chute.

==========

Once and for all, if the once NSP chief now reduced to village idiot chief wannabe wants to talk about morals and integrity, it can jolly well address two questions - failure to answer or address them on the pretext that they come from someone "unworthy" merely shows the evasiveness and lack of these two traits - and I believe most will agree with me. And even if I expect answers, I expect ones that are not patronising or ridiculous. If they are convincing, among others, I will take it.

1) The NSP fielded Steve Chia and Spencer Ng under its watch. I don't need to elaborate but the two links are below. Spencer left the profession thereby preventing MOE from sacking him.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/nsp-candidate-accused-indiscretions-054528624.html
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw03/031228st.htm

2) The FVI gave impression that MK was a disinformation campaign in cooperation with WP and later said that it was bully tactics by WP. Ng E-Jay is on friendly terms with it and assisted writing articles for NSP. Why the inconsistency. Was one a lie? Again, the two links are below.
http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=6824
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....allenge-Yaw-Shin-Leong-to-contest-in-Tampines

I could have come up with more, but this will suffice. I don't want argument on too many fronts. Let us remember that poor standards are bad, but double standards are worse. This mean poor standards while expecting higher standards from others. I will have people doing screenshots from the replies and quotes if they turn out to stink.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got fat one making noise can leow :wink:

LHL and PAP have never said a word about YSL from break of news of his affairs to expulsion to now, it was only you who's screaming your head off. At least LHL understands that pouring fuel on fire over nothing profitable is wasting fuel and leaving a bad smell on himself.............

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonder who is it to talk about CMI. In my thread, everyone was discussing, even if it did not relate to my points (which is normal in the online world). Can you see anyone in opposition to me except for its clone/fellow insects Sadist. For this, everyone is on the points, but pyro-ing the fleeting fat insect upside down.

I wasn't wrong at all, this FVL aka SHIT thinks SHIT is better and more upright than anybody else. We have a winner for the most xia lan opposition politician here. No prizes who will win hands down

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let the Aljunied WP MPs be busy running to and fro Hougang, let the Hougang residents start to breed discontent without a proper MP, what for be in a hurry to restore WP MP numbers back to six?

bro,
imagine WP doing a stirling job in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC with only 5 MPs... sweet paradise, may a couple more of the GRCs fall in the next GE.

could any one please tell our dearest PM Lee to take his time to consider when to hold the BE in Hougang hor... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
imagine WP doing a stirling job in Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC with only 5 MPs... sweet paradise, may a couple more of the GRCs fall in the next GE.

could any one please tell our dearest PM Lee to take his time to consider when to hold the BE in Hougang hor... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry, me not so power, no direct access to LHL. But I've already told LTY to pass the message. He also said sorry, he's very busy with MRT now.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
反过来说,如今拖了几个月才决定补选,这不就让工人党有喘气的机会去重新部署吗?我其实不明白,行动党里有这么多军事将领,连这么简单的盘算都不会算,令它举棋不定错失良机!我看行动党如果这一次在后港大败,比原先在2011年大选的成绩还差的话,那也真是活该了!

工人党“蜀中无大将“

佘雪玲虽然有高知名度,但是她这一战必须出师有名,要不然她可能必须付上很大的政治代价。国民团结党必须要很小心和慎重的考虑出战后港的利与弊。一旦它决定派佘雪玲出战,我也只好祝她好运了。/QUOTE]

gms, your rank only a lousy captain, u still dare to laugh at BG/MG when your strategy didnt work at GE2011...

as for nsp contesting the BE using 佘雪玲, i not sure how good she at protraying herself to the older folks with no internet access which make up quite a big percentage of hougang smc electoral roll. in fact, how come nobody announce how much vote 佘雪玲 received at macpherson against xiao ting tong TPL at GE2011? if TPL had lost macpherson against 佘雪玲, then nsp would have inform the public. since never announce, that would have meant that macpherson older voters voted for pap instead of nsp irregardless of who actually contesting. if that the case, the 佘雪玲 effect will not influence majority of hougang voters.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My niece has beaten TPL in MacPherson division of Marine Parade GRC. That I can say. Exact margin, I can't say. It's under OSA even if you ask GMS or NSP.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My niece has beaten TPL in MacPherson division of Marine Parade GRC. That I can say. Exact margin, I can't say. It's under OSA even if you ask GMS or NSP.

if election result is under OSA, then govt better arrest the entire team of pap candidates for aljunied for tell the whole world that pap lost in every divisions inside aljunied.

even so u said nicole seah won against tpl, i dont buy it until nsp announce so. no need exactly result just who won can liao. why i want nsp to announce, it because i can only trust ah ram u as far as i can throw u.

i look forward to multi parties contest. no need to negotiate at all, it a free world, anybody can contest and may the best person win.:smile: