• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“How much do you want? Do you want three meals in a hawker centre, food

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have grown but for the better or worst it for each of you to decide. As for kids allowance I usually follow this rule. I give them the basic amount ( 1 meal at tuckshop and the bus fare to and from school ). They want anything more then show me their results. As get $50, Bs get $20 Cs get Kentucky/ AnW meal and Ds and below forget about watching TV for the month.

how i wish you were my dad, i would make you bankrupt with my sec results

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
My little girl of primary 4 only gets a lunchbox n $2 cash! Anything more will be interrogated...hahaha! Nowadays, dun be surprised to know tat some primary schoolers get $20 daily as pocket money! Rich parents, might be?

Erkuku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spend so long hours for what? The usual CCAs not everyday, unless all stay behind school and gossip is it?

School starts at 7.15 am. Recess starts at 9.15am. Thereafter, lunch at 12.15pm. After that, students continue with extra lessons n CCAs...etc

Recess: Food $2.00
Drink $1.00

Lunch: Food $2.00
Drink $1.00

Balance: $4.00

School ends around 3.00pm. Most students are tired and hungry again. Most parents are at work. As such, students buy food home, that will cost at least another $2.00. Final balance of $2.00, save for rainy days.
Wrong Meh?

Of cos, some students stay behind school and gossip till 5.00pm plus. If that the case, they will spend even more on drinks n snacks. Wrong Meh?

Dont compare those days and these days.

Those days, Ma Ta wore hot pants. These days, policemen are so smart looking with their attires.

Those days u see aunties in pajamas walking around the street. These days, only siow char bohs do that.

Those days u eat ice balls under the hot sun at the 5 foot-way. These days u enjoy a bowl of ice kachang in air-conditioned food court.

Erkuku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if school charge no rental, please go and count how much flour, rice, ingredients costs.

now 50cts, $1? you really are ignorant lor. Which canteen worker want to earn 50cts $1, somemore have to minus food costs.

Operating Cost in the Canteen
Rental
Electricity Bills
Water n Gas Bills
Cost of Cooking material n ingredients...etc...etc..

Most operators are doing a one man show...cook...sell...wash just to save cost so that they can bring home extra $$$ to pay bills again....so sick...standing from 6.30am till pass 4pm...