• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

“Ahpunehneh” is not a proper word.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miss Apunehneh (sorry but that your nick mah) welcome to the real world. Racism had been around our society and will continue to be so. Dont ever believe the govt bullshit about Racial Harmony. The govt had been racist for ever, just look at the ministar positions you will understand. Both Indians and Malays had never and will never get the portfolio of the Home and Defense and dont even think about the position of PM.

Just look at the NDP, all those in uniform with impressive ranks on the shoulder are chinese. How can u expect the general population to be not racist when govt themselves are doing it.

As for claiming that it only the chinese that is racist is wrong. Dont think you had many malay friends. I heard worse from Malay about the Indian during my secondary school and seen how Enthic Malays treat Indian Muslims. Fights always boke out between both group while us chinese stand aside to see "show".

As for chinese holding their nose when ever an indian is nearby, it their freedom to do it as they may not like the coconut oil smell. It just the same like ppl who dont like durian holding their nose or hold their nose when the person next to them had BO. And also you Indians are the minority, while you have many non indian friends, not many chinese have the chance of interracting with a non chinese. Take for an example, i had only two indian classmates during primary school, another three during my secondary school. Only a handful in my lecture group but none in my class. During NS, there are none.

So it become very easy for ppl in my situation to sterotype indian. Since you had spend so much effort to write a posting in this forum, why not write in to ShittyTimes where you can have a better reach to educate your fellow singaporeans. Of course cannot write in such a forceful way.:biggrin:

Btw, dont really understand why u so piss abt being call as ahpunehneh when u can accept the ah neh or tambi. What the bloody different? Indian and Malay call us chinese in many ways, so racism goes both way. Just by being angry, the offender already won.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...welcome to the real world. Racism had been around our society and will continue to be so.
..So it become very easy for ppl in my situation to sterotype indian. Since you had spend so much effort to write a posting in this forum, why not write in to ShittyTimes where you can have a better reach to educate your fellow singaporeans. Of course cannot write in such a forceful way
...Btw, dont really understand why u so piss abt being call as ahpunehneh when u can accept the ah neh or tambi. What the bloody different? Indian and Malay call us chinese in many ways, so racism goes both way. Just by being angry, the offender already won.
Perspective said:
..simply came from the sounds produced by someone speaking in Tamil, which is stereotyped to start with "Ah" and end with "Neh". It slowly evolved into "neh neh" like habitual repeat, e.g. "alright alright" or "ok ok". ..Just ask any non-Tamil speaking person to imitate Tamil-speaking and he would most likely end all his words with "Neh".
oli9 said:
Ah Nay in Tamil atcually means Brother. Thambi means small kid.
Interesting exchanges, threw some light on what we take (or call out) for granted daily:p. Guess difference on inter-racial name calling must be without any malice.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://deadpoetscave.com/2006/06/the-silence-is-broken/

*POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

FARTS OUT HUGE DISGUSTING BLACK KELING FART!!!

Eh keling apu neh neh neh neh

u are black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black

Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie Blackie

Dirty and smelly and disgusting.

aND OH DID U know u are black and apu neh neh neh neh neh pok

and piggy head shaking and lying and snake. :oIo::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miss Apunehneh (sorry but that your nick mah) welcome to the real world. Racism had been around our society and will continue to be so. Dont ever believe the govt bullshit about Racial Harmony. The govt had been racist for ever, just look at the ministar positions you will understand. Both Indians and Malays had never and will never get the portfolio of the Home and Defense and dont even think about the position of PM.

Just look at the NDP, all those in uniform with impressive ranks on the shoulder are chinese. How can u expect the general population to be not racist when govt themselves are doing it.

As for claiming that it only the chinese that is racist is wrong. Dont think you had many malay friends. I heard worse from Malay about the Indian during my secondary school and seen how Enthic Malays treat Indian Muslims. Fights always boke out between both group while us chinese stand aside to see "show".

As for chinese holding their nose when ever an indian is nearby, it their freedom to do it as they may not like the coconut oil smell. It just the same like ppl who dont like durian holding their nose or hold their nose when the person next to them had BO. And also you Indians are the minority, while you have many non indian friends, not many chinese have the chance of interracting with a non chinese. Take for an example, i had only two indian classmates during primary school, another three during my secondary school. Only a handful in my lecture group but none in my class. During NS, there are none.

So it become very easy for ppl in my situation to sterotype indian. Since you had spend so much effort to write a posting in this forum, why not write in to ShittyTimes where you can have a better reach to educate your fellow singaporeans. Of course cannot write in such a forceful way.:biggrin:

Btw, dont really understand why u so piss abt being call as ahpunehneh when u can accept the ah neh or tambi. What the bloody different? Indian and Malay call us chinese in many ways, so racism goes both way. Just by being angry, the offender already won.

This is singapore what.

In other countries. Majority form gangs go around beat up minorities. Take Oz for eg, 1st world nation have ang moh shout at those smelly kelings and everyone else. Job discrminiation, every damn thing also have.

In singapore dun have such thing.

Have small thing like calling keling apu neh neh and mind u kelings also damn rude to chinese, also discrminate chinese. If u have keling boss and u chinese that's it for you.

Small things like maybe the auntie dun smile at the keling, that's what someone told me.

Then u know what?????

Like this keling TS here. Creates a huge stink and a giant fart and complains complains complains complains complains complains. Despite the fact that this is one of the safesty countries in the world.

Mind u even if the chinese dun call these kelings apu neh neh or call them black (why are they called black even by malays and ang mohs? Is it cos they are fair skinned?:rolleyes:) These keling scum will still find another excuse to complain complain and complain. Even in ang moh forums posted here they also say the same exact things ppl say about them here. Then u'll find another long fart and stink written again by another keling TS here again.

U can take the keling out of shitland but u can never take the shitland and the kelingness out of a keling.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't analyse too much. The root is very simple.

Chinese always like to call one another AH XXX in the early days.
So maybe there are many Nairs around, so it becomes Ah Neh
cause non-engrish speaking chinese have problems pronouncing
"r".

As for Apu-neh, its the Singaporean's way of imitating they language.

Yes, i think its racist, back in the 60's and 70's, we
were much more racist than now, and were brought up to be
like that with all the racial stereotypes.

We are probably a lot better now, and will probably improve as time
progresses. Maybe by then, it will become acceptable to have an Apunehneh
as a prime minister as said by the powers in charge.

Look what happen to our Indian president and the names he is called,
I have this feeling maybe they are right. (the part about having an indian as PM)
It did not help when a previous Indian President appear on front page with an incredible story about him,
which by now is firmly entrenched in the minds of most readers as facts.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cmon lah, u pundeks.

Ahpunehneh stems from the words Babu & Anay.

Babu (cull it shorther into Ahpu) is a common Indian name. Can an indian brother confirm this? Anay in tamil meant Brother.
How there's another NEH in AHPUNEHNEH I dont know. For sure, Ahpuneh is short for Babu Anay meaning Brother Babu. Whats so degrading about it?

in the simpsons the keling shop seller is called appu. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't analyse too much. The root is very simple.

Chinese always like to call one another AH XXX in the early days.
So maybe there are many Nairs around, so it becomes Ah Neh
cause non-engrish speaking chinese have problems pronouncing
"r".

As for Apu-neh, its the Singaporean's way of imitating they language.

Yes, i think its racist, back in the 60's and 70's, we
were much more racist than now, and were brought up to be
like that with all the racial stereotypes.

We are probably a lot better now, and will probably improve as time
progresses. Maybe by then, it will become acceptable to have an Apunehneh
as a prime minister as said by the powers in charge.

Look what happen to our Indian president and the names he is called,
I have this feeling maybe they are right. (the part about having an indian as PM)
It did not help when a previous Indian President appear on front page with an incredible story about him,

if a black and ang moh had written about such insignificant things in a US forum they would be laughed and mocked at.

Blacks and ang mohs have bigger things to worry about. The racism there is getting lynched, murdered, get things thrown at you, robbed, raped, shot at. Called nigger or cracker in the face.

Even the media also does that. Like south park for example. They used the word nigger, nagger in 1 episode. If it had been a sinkee cartoon doing something like this about kelings. As usual complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain complain.

Only in this country is it acceptable for kelings or malays or what to be racist and call chinese names and mind u they call them with evil intentions while chinese simply call them that for easy reference.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..did not help when a previous Indian President appear on front page with an incredible story about him,
Recall 1 caustic remark when he took office. My angmoh boss, asked if anyone was keen to go to this lelong sale on cutlery in istana:o:p

That was before recycling empty scotch bottles:rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recall 1 caustic remark when he took office. My angmoh boss, asked if anyone was keen to go to this lelong sale on cutlery in istana:o:p

That was before recycling empty scotch bottles:rolleyes:

dun understand the joke.

But damn this nair fella can be president and still get drunk and dress up as a woman etc etc.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Nay in Tamil atcually means Brother. Thambi means small kid. U can check wih any Indian brothers.

Not that I know of. Thambi IS brother. Jinna thambi (not sure of spelling) is younger brother.

I do not think Neh is brother, then again, it might be a Tamil slang I don't know.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to add on that "Cina" is a degrading term used by the Japs against Chinese in WW2. It derive from the word "Zhi Na".

"Cina" is also "Chinese" in the present Malay language. I am not sure if it came from the Japanese, although I do not think so.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that I know of. Thambi IS brother. Jinna thambi (not sure of spelling) is younger brother.

I do not think Neh is brother, then again, it might be a Tamil slang I don't know.

Confirm with my Indian brothers liao.

Thambi = small boy
Ah Neh = Big Brother.

I asked them what is Ahpunehneh, most of them dunno what it means. Is it something degrading, they said it depends on the circumstances this word is being used. But the word KELING would warrant a bashing from our indian brothers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirm with my Indian brothers liao.

Thambi = small boy
Ah Neh = Big Brother.

I asked them what is Ahpunehneh, most of them dunno what it means. Is it something degrading, they said it depends on the circumstances this word is being used. But the word KELING would warrant a bashing from our indian brothers.

akka means older sister.

Thangi means younger sis.

Thevadiya means whore. :biggrin::biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
think apunehneh is used by kids..
certainly keleng and bayee are worse

Keleng is the derogatory term - it imitates the sound of chains clinking. Many indians served in Singapore as prisoners during the British days.

From what I know, "bayi" merely means "brother" in Punjab language. But got to double check.