• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Press Statement: We Are Singaporeans

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the law is to be strictly applied and enforced to all activities and procession, we would have ended up with Chinese lion-dragon dance without drums and gongs, Malay traditional marriage without gendengs, Thaipusam without drums and cheers, Christmas without chorals played along Orchard roads and Chingay procession without all those “noisy” performances and music played on floats. Rules on festive noise making should be determined by weighing upon inter-racial tolerance, strengthened civil society and through open consultation instead of administrative fiat by the minister concerned.

I have to ask, sooooo is the Govt also extending the Thaipusam ban of music from boomboxes, drums & gongs to Chinese New Year too?

Maybe restrict all Chinese New Year music to just hymns (is there such a thing?)?

Lion dance troupes will only be allowed to dance without their drums, gongs and cymbals. And malls should be banned from playing loud Chinese New Year songs from boomboxes too.

And during the Seventh Month, the Government should extend their ban to cover the noisy auctions as well. Getai singers will only be allowed to sing without a band and a microphone. Auctioneers will whisper the bids.

Oh while we're at it, the Government should also consider a ban on Christmas caroling too. So noisy, right?

And ban Malay wedding bands from playing at the void decks too!

Ban ban ban! It's the Singapore way!

Quote from Mr Brown....

So Ah Seng, What Mr Brown did in 1 post, you summarised it into 1 paragraph, changed some words, rephrase abit and used it as your press statement???

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You really have problems in comprehension.

These points are actually quite commonly widespread on the internet. The key points in NSP press statement is all written right from the beginning and repeated at the ending. But yet, you just miss the whole key point totally!

Goh Meng Seng

Quote from Mr Brown....

So Ah Seng, What Mr Brown did in 1 post, you summarised it into 1 paragraph, changed some words, rephrase abit and used it as your press statement???

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal

These points are actually quite commonly widespread on the internet. The key points in NSP press statement is all written right from the beginning and repeated at the ending. But yet, you just miss the whole key point totally!

Goh Meng Seng
So what actually happen in Macau? :biggrin::biggrin:

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Haa... Well, I always have problems with comprehension (since schooling days...) So with my very limited comprehension, I am reading that NSP will use commonly widespread points (facts or not) that are being circulated around the Internet to support key points in NSP press statement.

Now this is interesting....

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can propose to start by combining the eating area in Armee cookhouse.:smile:

In general, our party’s observation is that Singaporeans of all races have no issue with eating on the same table or for that matter halal food served and eaten at different tables even at the same event.

Goh Meng Seng
Secretary General
National Solidarity Party

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can propose to start by combining the eating area in Armee cookhouse.:smile:

It is common courtesy not to eat pork at the same table with your muslim friends, but they drink Tiger beer with you at the same table with great courtesy!...all these are just politicians ploy to score points with the voters.

They are really out of touch with what is really happening out there...:p

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is unavoidable that each of the major religions in Singapore will somehow intrude and affect all residents whether directly or indirectly. This is the norm here and we are all very much conditioned to the cocaphony and understand that Singapore is a secular country. When religious groups start to encreasingly deviate from the acceptable to the non-accpetable practices, then the government should step in and make known to the religious group that they are overstepping the boundary. There were many cases in the past that the government has done their utmost to request such groups to downplay their enthusiasm in their beliefs. For example, the indiscriminate burning of joss sticks and papers, not allowing mosques from using the loudspeakers and disallowing certain cults from practicing here.

I am all for the rules and guidelines imposed by the authorities, without which religious bodies will attempt to intrude the secular space of others and the fabric of our society can be torn apart. To expect the religious to be reasonable and work out a compromise between them is asking for trouble.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haa... Well, I always have problems with comprehension (since schooling days...) So with my very limited comprehension, I am reading that NSP will use commonly widespread points (facts or not) that are being circulated around the Internet to support key points in NSP press statement.

Now this is interesting....

The key points from NSP is simple. All these talks on racial-religious issues are just attempts to divert, distract attention as well as divide and conquer methodology. Not an old tactic but always deem effect measures by any ruling parties in the world.

There are so many hot topics right now which PAP cannot solve immediately. Racial-religious issues are just emotional sparks which could divert people's attention. That's the key gist of the messages.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Please don't scare people here Ramseth. Jokes aside, the poll result from Reach is pretty interesting.

Goh Meng Seng

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with GD as a matter of principle and common sense. As a public figure in the very public sphere of politics, you shoudn't expect to live life like a private citizen where no one cares even if you are caught scratching your balls in public or gambling away your life in Macau. Privacy is just an illusion.Just like the amorous Jack Neo pleading with the press to go easy on him, it's so pathetic and laughable.:biggrin:

Sigh... so are you guys going to dig out every piece of shit of the pappies?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh? I thought you are asking for lawyer letter? Definitely send to my lawyer lah! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

In addition to your poor knowledge in economics despite being a graduate, your English comprehension skills also damn jialak. Read what I wrote carefully and if you still cannot comprehend my simple English, how to make it in Parliament?

You are a clown alright. But a well-paid one though. Your best partner in politics? Try UncleYap.