• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vincent Wijeysingha's apology to Dr Vasoo

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vincent Wijeysingha

APOLOGY

1. On or around 2 December 2012, I, Vincent Wijeysingha, published on my Facebook page (at http://www.facebook.com/ vwijeysingha), a Facebook “note” entitled “’You can resign and go to SBS,’ the drivers were told” (“Note”), which included the following words:

“It fabricates evidence – as Dr Vasoo did twenty years ago – to deprive people of their living. Lest I be accused of fabricating this, I draw evidence from the fact that this accusation has been published abroad in my colleague, Chee Soon Juan’s book, Democratically Speaking, available these last three months and against which Dr Vasoo has not raised a whimper.”

at http://www.facebook.com/vwijeysingha#!/notes/vincent-wijeysingha/you-can-resign-and-go-to-sbs-the-drivers-were-told/517597378258190 (collectively, the “Words”).

2. I recognise that the Words mean or were understood to mean that Dr Vasoo fabricated evidence to deprive Dr Chee Soon Juan of his living.

3. I admit and acknowledge that this allegation is false and completely without foundation.

4. I unreservedly apologise to Dr Vasoo for the distress and embarrassment caused to him by this allegation.

5. I have removed the Words and the comments in response to or in connection with the Words and undertake not to make any further allegation in the same or similar effect.

6. May I request that all Facebook users who have shared this Note to delete it from your Facebook page.

7. May I request all Facebook users who have commented specifically on the Words to delete their comment.

8. I appreciate your assistance in the matter of paragraph 6 and 7.

Thank you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its an extremely cheapskate and spastic way of silencing your opponent. Vasoo was the furthest thing removed from the PRC bus strike. Not even in the same galaxy. Hell, not even in the same quantum universe. Different layer of reality altogether.

You know you are digging the bottom of the pit when the only way to rebut your opponent is to force him to apologize for something not even relevant to the discussion.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP's threat of defamation suit is no more effective.

will it come a time when PAP's threat becomes a badge of honour and those threatened by the pap are seen as heroes?

the PAP must know that times have changed and threatening singaporeans is scorned at by the people

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If Vasoo takes legal action, he is accused of silencing opposition. If Vasoo doesn't take action, the dogs of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan will say the statement is true because Vasoo didn't take action.

Fucking SDP.

“It fabricates evidence – as Dr Vasoo did twenty years ago – to deprive people of their living. Lest I be accused of fabricating this, I draw evidence from the fact that this accusation has been published abroad in my colleague, Chee Soon Juan’s book, Democratically Speaking, available these last three months and against which Dr Vasoo has not raised a whimper.”

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sue and cul-de-sac lor? Come on. There are more foreigners also waiting for action besides local. Come one!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are really a fucking dog of the dog himself the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

With a statement like Vincent's that: "If you don't challenge me, then it is true" what is Vasoo supposed to do?

Sue and cul-de-sac lor? Come on. There are more foreigners also waiting for action besides local. Come one!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vasoo is the furthest thing removed from the PRC incident. The fact that the estab/PAP had to drag Vasoo into the picture to get VW to delete his posting shows just how little honour and truth the estab/PAP have on their side.

I don't agree with everything VW writes either but usually honourable men and women rebut their opponent using facts, not bringing in some totally irrelevant entity and threatening court action out of nowhere.

But here of course we're talking about the PAP. Talking abt PAP and honour in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the PAP must know that times have changed and threatening singaporeans is scorned at by the people

Threatening your opponent and forcing him to apologize still works in this day and age unfortunately. If it didn't work, Vasoo and PAP wouldn't have tried this latest gimmick.

The majority out there are still unable to distinguish and discern that an apology to the PAP does mean anything as far as the PAP is concerned given their strong arm tactics. Some readers in this forum also cannot.

Alex Au's credibility fell when he apologized. I could sense it. Even my opposition comrades were telling me ALex Au cannot be trusted. I was quite shocked, frankly. I expected more from them.

Its a cheapskate method using by dictatorial and dishonorable regimes like the PAP to silence their fiercest critiques.

Meanwhile, the PAP is cheapening our lives, allowing FTs to invade our space and take advantage of our womenfolk, etc. How would Chloe feel if someone stood up for her online, and then had to apologize and retract because her post just happened to mention Dr Vasoo.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
shock by this Wijeysingha defense of FWs...

I mean sure by all means feel sorry for them.... but he is saying if the law is unjust then dun enforce it...

NOW all the monkeys see monkeys do is trying to be funny with strikes....

deos this bapok know dafug he is saying... if there is no basic respect for rule of law, the the PAP should just arrest this fucking faggot Bangla lover ....

go to parliament to change the laws if u wan ...

stop using nonsense like dun enforce unjust laws... I think the law is not doing enough lynch faggots like u, doesnt mean I take matter into my own hands...

PLEASE RESPECT THE LAW

Lawmakers cannot be Law-breakers ....

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
shock by this Wijeysingha defense of FWs...

Like I said I don't agree with everything VW says. But i'd defend his right to say it. The PAP is not rebutting with facts but with threats of court action courtesy of davinder singh. What does this say about the level of political discourse.

You can't have all oppositions toeing the same line. Its not possible and not desirable either.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With a statement like Vincent's that: "If you don't challenge me, then it is true" what is Vasoo supposed to do?

dude, Vincent never made such a remark. His Vasoo comment did not even constitute one full sentence -- it was just a phrase within a larger sentence. I'd bet none of you even noticed Vasoo being mentioned, if at all you read the article.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what worries me. VW is making his first stumble. It's a kind of hubris to be carried away by your own rhetoric that sometimes lay yourself open to mistakes like that. Despite it being a distant point, Vasoo has his rights too, and he has chosen to react - VW has pushed it too far. I wont say the point is immaterial or inconsequential - how Chee fell was a lever in Wijey's arguments, and by demolishing this point, it can disrupt VW's momentum. VW just has to be more careful. As it is, it was careless. He mounted the attack in a Truth or Dare moment, and Vasoo has taken it.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what worries me. VW is making his first stumble. It's a kind of hubris to be carried away by your own rhetoric that sometimes lay yourself open to mistakes like that. Despite it being a distant point, Vasoo has his rights too, and he has chosen to react - VW has pushed it too far. I wont say the point is immaterial or inconsequential - how Chee fell was a lever in Wijey's arguments, and by demolishing this point, it can disrupt VW's momentum. VW just has to be more careful. As it is, it was careless. He mounted the attack in a Truth or Dare moment, and Vasoo has taken it.

Vasoo is like Mdm vella. Both straw litigants.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are really a fucking dog of the dog himself the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

Coming from MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER Cass888. Disobey your master.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honest question who or what is Vasoo? I know Vaseline but what is Vasoo? Can anyone tell me. Was Vasoo a major important person or item to the betterment of Singapore? I never heard of Vasoo.

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
dude, Vincent never made such a remark. His Vasoo comment did not even constitute one full sentence -- it was just a phrase within a larger sentence. I'd bet none of you even noticed Vasoo being mentioned, if at all you read the article.

Which makes the PAP look very stupid. Don't they know that this low blow doesn't work anymore and actually comes around and bites them back in the ass threefold.

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what worries me. VW is making his first stumble.
waha.jpg

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honest question who or what is Vasoo? I know Vaseline but what is Vasoo? Can anyone tell me. Was Vasoo a major important person or item to the betterment of Singapore? I never heard of Vasoo.

Vasoo was the academic whose testimony led to the outing of CSJ and subsequent destruction of both academic and political career. I believe he was with the PAP at that time. This is also not the first time he has used defamation law. In both instances he is what is known as a "straw litigant".

Last edited: