• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP and the coming GE - An interesting journey

tampines

Alfrescian
Loyal
We will print thousands of copies of M S Goh's threat and put in the HDB mailboxes of the ward he contests. :biggrin:

Hi PAP DOG CCB,

My question to you is this :

Just like Tan Kim Kim, are you also convinced that Goh Meng Seng had committed adultery with a PRC woman??

If you have the photographic evidence, you should post the pictures in this forum to substantiate your claim, or you could write an email directly to Goh Meng Seng stating your NAME and IC NUMBER in it.

Otherwise, you are just a FUCKING IDIOT who is just out to do malicious damage to other people's personal lives with your nonsensical postings!

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like Tan Kim Kim, are you also convinced that Goh Meng Seng had committed adultery with a PRC woman??

Eh SDP Mongrel

The thing to be publicised is not M S Goh's alleged adultery. It is how NSP intends to raise funds by suing netizens for defamation. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth,

This sentence is defamatory. Be careful of your tenses.

Some Jim Beam for you while you amend your post?

No need to amend the tenses. Ravi's still on outpatient medication. That makes him a patient nonetheless. Anyway, he's very friendly with me. He won't sue me. His specialty is anti-death penalty, not defamation.

He likes Johnnie Walker more than Jim Beam.

jw5

Loyal
2) Yes, about Chee being a threat in a short threat. Chee was immediately identified as the threat the moment he stepped into the limelight. He is the only other person that I know that can hold the attention of people with a mesmerizing spell like the old man. Unfortunately he speaks to PAP than the people. A major issue. He also has turned out to be to be a poor leader. He would be a dynamite candidate in WP, NSP or any other political party. He would devastating for the old man and son in parliament.
Thanks for your clarification scroobal.
Understand about points 1 and 3.
On point 2, I agree that CSJ certainly has the capability to be a very effective mp. But even if he has the willingness to toe the line now and go down the election path, I fear that his opportunity with the typical SG voter (not the typical forummer here or the non-apathetic youngster) has passed.
He would nevertheless be a very effective civil activist, an articulator and ideas guy for the actual mps, a pesky scrutinizer of the pap government, if he agreed to such a role.

jw5

Loyal
NSP has another more notable individual, Steve Chia, other than me. He may be staying low profile now, avoiding media exposures but he is no doubt very hardworking when it comes to party administration and groundwork. His political capital derives from his NCMP's experiences has served him well. If we manage to carry out a successful campaign by taking calculated risks and executing the right strategy and tactic, Steve Chia's team may also win as well. This is something many people overlook.

Many people in the internet may not know Sebastian Teo well enough but I can safely say that he is good leader who are willing to support and groom young people like me. For a party leader to allow the co-leader to take on most of the media limelight is not easy at all. We share many common visions and ideas as well. I am glad that I have made the right choice to work with NSP and Sebastian Teo, else I would have to build my own party from scratch, fighting an uphill battle.

My urgent task right now is to tackle the renewal problem. I guess winning seats in a successful campaign is the only way to attract young talents. Good strategy and tactical moves are just not good enough to convince young people that we are on the road to electoral success.

Goh Meng Seng
GMS
In my opinion, Steve was a very good ncmp during his short stint in parliament, probably as good as any elected opposition mp or ncmp in his effectiveness. Was sharp when he needed to be, unfazed, neither too aggressive nor accomodating. He would get my vote anyday.
But I think he will have a problem with the typical SG voter, especially the women. Some of these of course have unusual hobbies themselves, or have children or husbands with unusual hobbies, but when it comes to judging others, they are champions.

Always have had a good impression of Seb Teo as a solid stoic type wanting to help people and country, but he needs a higher profile.

My suggestion is that NSP should target all singaporeans by telling them that the party wants to help them have better lives. Targetted help for the poor and needy especially the quiet poor (those who don't kpkb to their mps and get food vouchers to go away) but work hard to get by, and for the low to middle income (potentially working poor as you call it) to improve their lives. Personally I'm more concerned for the former, but of course, as politicians, you guys need to target the guy wanting to upgrade from a bike to a Jap car too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS
In my opinion, Steve was a very good ncmp during his short stint in parliament, probably as good as any elected opposition mp or ncmp in his effectiveness. Was sharp when he needed to be, unfazed, neither too aggressive nor accomodating. He would get my vote anyday.

Cpt. Steve Chia delievered over 400 speeches and questions in Parliament during his stint there as NCMP. I think he broke the record and wrote a book about it, available at Kiinokuniya Takashimaya. On the other end of the record-breaking should be Davinder Singh SC with about 3 or 4 queries in Parliament. I guess he saved his saliva for the courts.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS
But I think he will have a problem with the typical SG voter, especially the women. Some of these of course have unusual hobbies themselves, or have children or husbands with unusual hobbies, but when it comes to judging others, they are champions.
Steve Chia has a better chance combining with others for GRC rather than single ward.

However people would always want a clean politician to represent them. Women would feel apprehensive when they meet him. Just even a shake of the hand.

Very simple example. You know your neighbour has a habit of taking nude photos of his maid, would you let your wife or daughter go near him?

The only thing he can hope is people are forgetful

jw5

Loyal
Best rally speakers I've ever heard before...

1. Lee Kuan Yew (PAP)

2. Tang Liang Hong (ex-WP)

3. Francis Seow (ex-WP)

4. JB Jeyaretnam (ex-WP)

5. Low Thia Khiang (WP)
I would put Tang as number 1.
LKY and JBJ very entertaining the first few times you hear them but it starts grating on you after several times. Their style very obvious and almost repetitive, whereas Tang can do different styles.
Can't remember hearing Francis speak, no recollection of what his voice sounds like.
LTK is very under-rated. Those who say he sombre and meek in parliament and to the press should hear him at rallies, especially when he's speaking in Mandarin or Teochew.
Can't recall who Bryan Lim is.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would put Tang as number 1.
LKY and JBJ very entertaining the first few times you hear them but it starts grating on you after several times. Their style very obvious and almost repetitive, whereas Tang can do different styles.
Can't remember hearing Francis speak, no recollection of what his voice sounds like.
LTK is very under-rated. Those who say he sombre and meek in parliament and to the press should hear him at rallies, especially when he's speaking in Mandarin or Teochew.
Can't recall who Bryan Lim is.

LKY is a very powerful speaker and his talk can sway the votes. But not sure as of now as I think he is getting old. Not really keen to hear his rally again.

LTK, I enjoyed his teochew chinese speeches. That's his mother tongue.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Steve Chia has a better chance combining with others for GRC rather than single ward.

However people would always want a clean politician to represent them. Women would feel apprehensive when they meet him. Just even a shake of the hand.

Very simple example. You know your neighbour has a habit of taking nude photos of his maid, would you let your wife or daughter go near him?

Get your facts right. It's not a habit of Cpt. Steve Chia, it's an hobby, and a legimitate hobby as no force was involved and consent was obtained. There was no pervasion involved as it was for artistic expression and appreciation, and with a guarantee not to publish it but to delete it after the it's done as all understood that this may be socially compromising. There was no molestation, no rape, no affair, no touch, nothing, but only photography for photography's sake. His wife upon accidently coming across it before Cpt. Chia deleted the photos and reported to police. Even the police, after due process of investigation, concluded that there was no case.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get your facts right. It's not a habit of Cpt. Steve Chia, it's an hobby, and a legimitate hobby as no force was involved and consent was obtained. There was no pervasion involved as it was for artistic expression and appreciation, and with a guarantee not to publish it but to delete it after the it's done as all understood that this may be socially compromising. There was no molestation, no rape, no affair, no touch, nothing, but only photography for photography's sake. His wife upon accidently coming across it before Cpt. Chia deleted the photos and reported to police. Even the police, after due process of investigation, concluded that there was no case.

ok ok sorry. It's a hobby, not a habit. :o

If your neighbour has a hobby of taking artistic nude photos, would you allow your wife or daughter to go near him?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok ok sorry. It's a hobby, not a habit. :o

If your neighbour has a hobby of taking artistic nude photos, would you allow your wife or daughter to go near him?

Of course, provided he doesn't ask my wife or daughter to do such things. Otherwise, I'd beat Cpt. Chia up until Cpt. Goh can't recognise him.

However, what I don't want for myself is my preference. When others give him consent, its their business. See the difference?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP and SDP seem to have less problem of self renewal now. It is a good sign. In comparison, NSP is still a distance away in recruiting passionate youngsters who could make a difference.

Goh Meng Seng

If NSP wants to attract people, it must pay some serious attention to branding and internet outreach. You're getting there, though. Now what you need is an articulate person to woo others into the party.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
RP
Too little, too small but too threatening to the PAP. many here might not know that but when goverment officials conduct their annual National Education program, KJ had been highlighted again and again as the "ideal" opposition leader where the rest are deem worthless and that only KJ can serve the interest. But of who's interest?

No one should pay attention to what the PAP says or the musical chairs they play. Both Chiam and Low have been praised by the establishment, and just as quickly character-assassinated when there was a political objective to fulfil. The PAP grassroots people I know speak highly of Low, but you can be sure he never was, and never will be, their friend.

The PAP's game plan is to tell voters what they wanted to hear while keeping a firm squeeze on everyone's balls. But it will not last for much longer as they are losing touch with reality and with themselves.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope not. If he is prepared to listen there might still be chance.
I fear that his opportunity with the typical SG voter (not the typical forummer here or the non-apathetic youngster) has passed.
He would nevertheless be a very effective civil activist, an articulator and ideas guy for the actual mps, a pesky scrutinizer of the pap government, if he agreed to such a role.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be too quick to rule him out. He's a trained neuro doctor, so he shld understand how to use his head. I think he shld strategise and also pick his tactics. Different strokes for diff folks, you know. Up to now, he's too high brow for the ordinary voter. scro is right when he said he talks to the PAP than to the voter. I dont personally know him but given his training and prof qualification, he's smart enough to take on post-Old Man PAP. His record is not impeccable but with a diff more forgiving enlightened younger gen of voters, his chances of revival at the polls may change.

Thanks for your clarification scroobal.
Understand about points 1 and 3.
On point 2, I agree that CSJ certainly has the capability to be a very effective mp. But even if he has the willingness to toe the line now and go down the election path, I fear that his opportunity with the typical SG voter (not the typical forummer here or the non-apathetic youngster) has passed.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

GE 2006 SDA/NSP vote swing against PAP
Choa Chu Kang +4.93%
Tampines +4.79%
Jalan Besar +5.24%

CCK got same % of NSP vote swing like the 2 GRC. Chia increased votes from last GE suggested that the electorate didn't "punish Chia" over that incident. Could more voted for him if the incident didn't happen is a ?.

I agree the 感觉 over that incident was no good. What most remembered was he took nude photos of his maid, his wife reported that to the police.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCK got same % of NSP vote swing like the 2 GRC. Chia increased votes from last GE suggested that the electorate didn't "punish Chia" over that incident. Could more voted for him if the incident didn't happen is a ?.

He will look foolish if he runs again since he vowed to quit politics if he lost. He did.

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
d youth wing of sdp muz have a good reasons 2 stay.
they c wat we dont c.

its d committment, d principle, d belief, d aspiration n d fighting spirit of tis opp party dat stay on till 2day.

with internet n medias technologies, which they have been using n pursuing since previous elections, n delivering their message thru' their websites,
we finally c d ruling papian govtment 'soften' their stand on d usage of medias n internet 4 tis coming election.

if it wasn't 4 d sdp party religiously pushes, we will b still living 'in d dark, blank-ko our by d state-owned medias.

if not given a chance .......... we will never c who they r, wat they r capabale of doing politically.