• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why this forum must have infraction points to make ppl behave ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why this forum must have infraction points to make ppl behave ? why cant ppl behave without using punishment ?

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its sad ..ppl believed that punishment works ...no wonder LKY use his iron fisted style of governance ..

his iron fist did worked...but now the function differ..instead it became a tools to corrupt

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
voila. didnt mean you though bro.

mental.jpg

a lot of mentally unstable individuals in here...:biggrin:

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its like asking..why this world got mata?

why country have law.

law is just a guideline to control a country ...bro..im talking about forum ...what do ppl gain for being rude in cyber world ? i can understand in the real world ppl gain something if they broke the law ..

jw5

Loyal
why this forum must have infraction points to make ppl behave ? why cant ppl behave without using punishment ?

Humans are by nature assholes. :o

There will be a minority who will be such big assholes that they will cause trouble for the smaller assholes. :biggrin:

That's why I'm a peoplist. :o

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Humans are by nature assholes. :o

There will be a minority who will be such big assholes that they will cause trouble for the smaller assholes. :biggrin:

That's why I'm a peoplist. :o

bro...what do they gain for being assholes in cyber space ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There always must be consequences for wayward action. It leads to conformity and the evolution of better society. The infraction system has been misused and does not serve its intended purpose. Look at Cooleo for example. He zaps newbies and he has shut out Papsmearer. Papsmearer is rude and confrontational but he contributes to debates and discussions and he does have substance in his chosen field. I can't recall Cooleo ever engaging in a meaningful discussion. Its one liners and smart alec remarks and thinks that it is cool. Fair enough that he got rid of Ivebert, but I am sure if Ivebert differed to hin, Ivebert will still be here.

Sam is by nature like all human beings has an ego. He knew that that the Rep and infraction was counterproductive and roundly abused. It was also chasing potential newbies away to not mention more senior members. He also struggled with an alternative. Now for the first time, he found a solution that looks viable. I am sure this place will be much better.

For the first time, we are dealing with an non templated solution.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
They gain absolutely nothing in real terms. And if like sammy you let this just roll off your back then you lose nothing too.

But in every group or grouping there will be the guys who wanna boss and dominate. This forum is no different. :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There always must be consequences for wayward action. It leads to conformity and the evolution of better society. The infraction system has been misused and does not serve its intended purpose. Look at Cooleo for example. He zaps newbies and he has shut out Papsmearer. Papsmearer is rude and confrontational but he contributes to debates and discussions and he does have substance in his chosen field. I can't recall Cooleo ever engaging in a meaningful discussion. Its one liners and smart alec remarks and thinks that it is cool. Fair enough that he got rid of Ivebert, but I am sure if Ivebert differed to hin, Ivebert will still be here.

Sam is by nature like all human beings has an ego. He knew that that the Rep and infraction was counterproductive and roundly abused. It was also chasing potential newbies away to not mention more senior members. He also struggled with an alternative. Now for the first time, he found a solution that looks viable. I am sure this place will be much better.

For the first time, we are dealing with an non templated solution.

thankyou for your input ...it does make sense .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They gain absolutely nothing in real terms. And if like sammy you let this just roll off your back then you lose nothing too.

But in every group or grouping there will be the guys who wanna boss and dominate. This forum is no different. :smile:

bro...its just a forum ..why do some ppl can go all the way to pissed another person , stalks ...ect which he dont even know him in the cyber world ...

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe a big contributing factor is the anonymity in cyberworld. If your real identity is used, you would certainly care more about the things you say.

One fine example is Alan Chen.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Yes , its the accountability factor together with the possible resultant consequences that hold these people back in the real world. In these forums the anonymity gives some of them a sense of invulnerability to repercussions , unless of course they are exposed. So they behave the way they do.

I believe a big contributing factor is the anonymity in cyberworld. If your real identity is used, you would certainly care more about the things you say.

One fine example is Alan Chen.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

Nothing bro.
That's why I said humans are "by nature" assholes, and there will always be a group of very big assholes who give trouble to the smaller assholes.
They will do it even if there's nothing tangible to gain, it could be simply for their own pleasure and entertainment.