• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M Ravi beat up ST reporters at press confrence

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like tt also can? Win already loh

I don't think he beat them up. He was stated spewing vulgarities at the reporters in a media conference which he held in his office

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_595820.html
LAWYER M. Ravi called a press conference yesterday to defend his comments over a criminal case, but ended up smashing a glass, spewing vulgarities and yelling at journalists to leave his office.

Mr Ravi, 41, had sought the meeting with the media to 'set the record straight' over what he claimed were inaccuracies in the reporting of his role and statements he made in the case of his former client, American businessman Kamari Kenyada Charlton.

The 37-year-old businessman was arrested on Sept 1 for allegedly overstaying his visa. The next day, Charlton, a former Florida State University football player living in the Bahamas, was charged with overstaying. Last Friday, he faced an additional charge of conspiracy to cheat an Australian in a mobile phone scam operation.

Mr Ravi told the media last week that he intended to argue Charlton's case on grounds of discrimination.

Law Minister K. Shanmugam countered on Sunday that the courts did not discriminate against individuals based on nationality.

The law applied 'equally to everyone, whether a foreigner or local, regardless of nationality and regardless of background and status', the minister told reporters when asked about the case at a weekend event.

Bryan T

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me help you guys with the missing (juicier) half of that ST article....

"Yesterday's press conference was attended by reporters from The Straits Times, Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao and Reuters news agency.

Mr Ravi questioned why the issue of Charlton being wanted by Interpol over the alleged phone scam had arisen only after his case for overstaying had made the news.

When the reporters pressed him to clarify this point, he became angry and began berating them, accusing them of being 'crooked'.

He uttered expletives and flung a glass onto the table, shattering it.

He swept the broken glass off the table top, spilling coffee, and snatched The Straits Times reporter's tape recorder.

Then, he shouted at the reporters to leave his office immediately.

Contacted later, Mr Ravi said he was upset that the reporters were recording his press conference.

'I told reporters clearly that they could take notes, but they should not make recordings,' he claimed.

Although the recorder had been placed right in front of him, he said he had not noticed it.

He added that he had apologised to the reporters through an assistant, who also returned the tape recorder.

In the past, Mr Ravi has been fined for disorderly behaviour, using abusive language and causing mischief, and has made the news for outbursts in court.

In 2006, he was suspended from practising for a year. That year, he was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder, according to his lawyer who pleaded for leniency over his mischief case last year."

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think he beat them up. He was stated spewing vulgarities at the reporters in a media conference which he held in his office

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_595820.html
LAWYER M. Ravi called a press conference yesterday to defend his comments over a criminal case, but ended up smashing a glass, spewing vulgarities and yelling at journalists to leave his office.

Mr Ravi, 41, had sought the meeting with the media to 'set the record straight' over what he claimed were inaccuracies in the reporting of his role and statements he made in the case of his former client, American businessman Kamari Kenyada Charlton.

The 37-year-old businessman was arrested on Sept 1 for allegedly overstaying his visa. The next day, Charlton, a former Florida State University football player living in the Bahamas, was charged with overstaying. Last Friday, he faced an additional charge of conspiracy to cheat an Australian in a mobile phone scam operation.

Mr Ravi told the media last week that he intended to argue Charlton's case on grounds of discrimination.

Law Minister K. Shanmugam countered on Sunday that the courts did not discriminate against individuals based on nationality.

The law applied 'equally to everyone, whether a foreigner or local, regardless of nationality and regardless of background and status', the minister told reporters when asked about the case at a weekend event.

ravi dumb lah. he should hold his temper

Bryan T

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think some of you might have been referring to my FB status post in which I quoted the ST report that Ravi "become angry and began beating them".

I have since issued a CORRECTION as follows:

----------------
Hey, I've just realised that I have a GRAVE typo in the original posting, definitely due to my over-smart auto-spelling handphone.

The correction version should be: "When the reporters pressed (lawyer M. Ravi) to clarify his point, he became angry and began BERATING them, accusing them of being 'crooked'.

Of course Ravi did NOT "beat" anyone up, especially reporters.

I apologise ( and will scold my handphone for being too smart).

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
ravi dumb lah. he should hold his temper

If he lost his temper in court and throws his pen, he can be charged for contempt. I think in his previous case with Shahdrake, he was almost charged with contempt right?

But funny. He held the media conference to throw his temper?:confused:

ButtHead

Alfrescian
Loyal
He forgot to take medication again?

Maybe Uncle Yap can help him again?

He seems to be a supporter of Falung Kung? He helped them to fight case right?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
He forgot to take medication again?

Maybe Uncle Yap can help him again?

He seems to be a supporter of Falung Kung? He helped them to fight case right?

M Ravi likes to take on cases where he thinks there is discrimination against nationality, religion, race. So that in court, he will not argue based on evidence but on racial discrimination, and how his clients are discriminated against in court. Basically the same things over and over again.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
完全无法控制自己脾气的人, 是无法完成大事的!

完全无法控制自己脾气的人,总是把小事变成大事。

For someone who cannot control his emotions and temper, he would always turn a molehill into a mountain.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Law Society tried to help him by placing him under a mentor scheme. The late Palakrishnan was one of his mentor. Guess what, the late JBJ dragged him back into the politics. Then the usual parasites jumped on his bandwagon despite knowing his condition.
It was will be matter of months before he is taken off the rolls for good.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

The guy needs help. Firstly it was he who called the Press Conference, Secondly it was held in his office, Thirdly any half assed decent reporter would be expected to take notes of a press conf via a recorder with a character like M Ravi to avoid any possibility of disputes over what was said and lawsuits. Lastly he has a habit of calling and using the media so if anything losing his cool with them reflects badly on him.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only does he need help but he is a liability to his client. Its about the time the Law Society steps in.

The PAP is benefiting from this as he has always been associated with the opposition. They are letting this guy run for all its worth.

Violet needs to step in as well.

Dear Scroo

The guy needs help. Firstly it was he who called the Press Conference, Secondly it was held in his office, Thirdly any half assed decent reporter would be expected to take notes of a press conf via a recorder with a character like M Ravi to avoid any possibility of disputes over what was said and lawsuits. Lastly he has a habit of calling and using the media so if anything losing his cool with them reflects badly on him.

Locke

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are familiar with Ravi's family background, then it will be easier to understand him. His father, an alcoholic, was abusive towards his mum and Ravi witnessed many unpleasant incidents.

Yes, he is indeed pitiful. Was told, but can't confirmed it, that Ravi's mum was bashed to death by his father and he witnessed it. Can anyone confirm this?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me help you guys with the missing (juicier) half of that ST article....

"Yesterday's press conference was attended by reporters from The Straits Times, Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao and Reuters news agency.

Mr Ravi questioned why the issue of Charlton being wanted by Interpol over the alleged phone scam had arisen only after his case for overstaying had made the news.

When the reporters pressed him to clarify this point, he became angry and began berating them, accusing them of being 'crooked'.

He uttered expletives and flung a glass onto the table, shattering it.

He swept the broken glass off the table top, spilling coffee, and snatched The Straits Times reporter's tape recorder.

Then, he shouted at the reporters to leave his office immediately.

Contacted later, Mr Ravi said he was upset that the reporters were recording his press conference.

'I told reporters clearly that they could take notes, but they should not make recordings,' he claimed.

Although the recorder had been placed right in front of him, he said he had not noticed it.

He added that he had apologised to the reporters through an assistant, who also returned the tape recorder.

In the past, Mr Ravi has been fined for disorderly behaviour, using abusive language and causing mischief, and has made the news for outbursts in court.

In 2006, he was suspended from practising for a year. That year, he was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder, according to his lawyer who pleaded for leniency over his mischief case last year."

Bipolar disorder? Isn't that the same sickness as our Miss BoomZ Tiger Preens Ris Low? Jialat.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't blame him. Anyone who is constantly haunted by Shit Times and have shanmugan put words into his mouth while all his clients' case are pending, would have exceeded his tolerance level. He is angry of the whole systems that PAP has been trying to manipulate. Only god knows what he has been gone through - a single man trying to uphold the rights and justice for Singaporeans.