• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Halal Cert POWER UP

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very soon Halal certification laws will get a power up under proposed changes to the law governing Muslim affairs.

Owner of companies that misuse certificates or logos to say their food is halal - permissible under Muslim law - could soon face a jail term of up to 12 months or a fine of up to $10,000, or both. Currently, only the companies can be fined up to $10,000.

Another key change tabled on Monday is on raising the minimum marriage age for Muslims from 16 to 18. The move aims to tackle the community's high divorce rates by sending a signal that minor marriages, which tend to be less stable, are not desirable.

The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) has asked a hotel along Bras Basah Road to explain its use of the halal logo in one of its cafes following complaint from a member of the public, that their breaking of fast buffet actually has not been certified halal by MUIS. (I wonder how the customer know?)

So don't play play with this LOGO,
images

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Once again , you need fearful law to handle sinkies, sinkies never change, they need to be controlled, What a shame.

HalalOink

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case, they're being ignorant liao... That's why they need to be reigned in. But I feel this is too harsh... Proper education needs to be addressed and shared abt wat is Halal or not. A lot of my Muslim friends complain abt the No Pork No Lard sign at some stalls... "No Pork No Lard" doesn't mean it's Halal...